BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

Well, there is philip and his imaginary "sources" ......................... :huh:

Will the town hall steps be a suitable venue?

You beat me to it Rev. I'd like to declare that I am dafter than Elijah & therefore Tugay For England has sone arse-showing duties to attend to.

Half time on Sunday will do fine for me.

It'll be consolation for being 3-0 down

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our formation? Well, are we down to reading tea leaves yet? Much as I'd like a reshuffle at centre-back, I doubt he will for this game. I think he may be tempted to put Warny back at left back, with Peds on left wing.

Personally this is what I think he should do.

But if he persists with putting Sir Matt on the wing we might as well not bother as we will be effectively starting with 10 men.

However, if needs must I would either bring one of the youngsters in or put Pedersen on the right (give him a chance to prove himself) and Villnueva on the left with a combination of Rocky if fit , + 1 of Roberts and Derbyshire and adopt the 442.

If we try to play thorugh the middle the game will be as good as over even before Sunday - I'm not into pegs in round holes ie Peds and our Chilean maestro but if its the best option then lets just get back to basics and adopt something the players are more comfortable with until injuries relent and we get into some kind of winning mentality.

Despite our situation I still think Chelski are there for the taking however mad it seems

Well, there is philip and his imaginary "sources" ......................... :huh:

Will the town hall steps be a suitable venue?

Philip clearly is a fairly intelligent fellow - he's just been exposed to the midday sun for too long.

I must say I am perturbed by the desire to see my derriere....

:lol:

You, mate, have been coming across as a 12 year old since the very day you started posting on this site. You ought to learn to spell before criticising the intelligence of your fellow posters. If there's a dafter member of this messageboard than you I'll show my arse.

i thought you would reply mate!, do you have the (hot's) for me or something, every time i post, you allways need to come back with a useless responce!!. i think you need to look very close at your own posts, before calling anyone a kid pal!!

Go ahead and show your arse if you really want to, it will make us all laugh at least!

anyway keep pressing that REFRESH button, you never know what will appear next!!!. Maybe if you are at the game on Sunday, we could meet up for a pint!

With the right side of midfield berth being available due to the Emerton injury, I'd like to see Judge get a chance.

I thought he done well in the pre-season and with Chelsea well fancied to beat us, we have nothing to lose if he get's a shot.

His confidence could take a big knock. But with Emerton, Reid and Dunn all out we don't really have many options.....

Crickey, looking pretty thin on the ground.

On the other hand although Derbyshire has done very poorly against decent defensive full backs i think he could get some purchase against Wayne Bridge who is not that great in the air. Neither is Cole if he comes back. Plus they are not big strong guys which seems to be the main problem for Derbs as he gets out muscled.

I would be tempted to give him a shot on the right and Pedersen on the left in a 4231.

We'll get beat 2-0, pass a ball or two and some people will praise how great we're playing and how hopeful everything is.

Next week, we'll get a last-gasp equalizer vs Sunderland, and again the great optimists here will say how much that will inspire us.

Everything will be just perfect, as long as we don't look at the league table.

Archived