BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea Match Preview

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Chelsea coming up on Sunday, memories of the cup semi keep on flooding back.

Such fond memories but unfortunately the one that keeps going over and over in my mind is our miss at the end of normal time.

The ball floating across the box and our best header of the football pedersen at the back post unmarked and just when you think the net was going to bulge it didn't.

Everyone around me standing up with the heads in their hands because we were all thinking the same thing, that was our ticket to Wembley and we were going to pay! We certainly did as the German at the other end was clinical and it was game over!

Even if Pedersen hit the target, Cech would of probably saved it as his save from the Terry looping header was unbelievable.

We this Sunday it's revenge time! I hope Pedersen smacks a legendary left foot volley right through Cech and breaks the net!

1-0 Rovers!

Well I've always been pretty optomistic but Chelsea are playing well this year under Scolari. I can't really see anything other than a Chelsea win but you never know if we can keep it tight in the first half, could end up scraping a draw or even nicking a win. To be honest though if Chelsea play well and were not at our very best it could be a hatful.

Will be interesting to see the team that Ince selects.

I probably see him going 4-5-1 for this one, try and keep it tight, shame Emerton is out by the sounds of it, Ooijer is a big doubt and Roque is 50/50 last time I heard. Probably need Roque to be fit to have any chance. I guess Simpson will play at right back if Ooijer isn't fit, even if he is he may still do. Without Emerton to go in midfield Warnock may be there again perhaps with Olsson at left back, depends I guess how much confidence he has in the likes of Grella and Andrews for a big game. Also be interesting to see whether or not Carlos will play or if he is deemed too lightweight to play against Chelsea. I guess with Emerton, Reid and Dunn out were likely to see Derbyshire continue on the right with the left spot probably going to Pedersen, Treacey or Villanueva. To give us a physical prescence I would expect Roberts to replace Santa if he isn't fit, in all honesty he may play Roberts alongside Santa anyway to try and give a bit more power up front.

Something like the below is my guess depending on injuries.

Robinson

Ooijer/Simpson

Samba

Nelson

Warnock

Derbyshire

Grella

Andrews

Villanueva

Santa Cruz/Roberts

My Chelsea supporting mate says he's been charged £36 for his ten year old child's ticket! Anyone have an explanation?

3-0 defeat.

Karma?

So, what's he done about it? Has he addressed to anyone that could take action, or is he more focussed on bleating about it?

I'm sure there's a logical explanation or error involved in this instance, sounds excessive - and it's giving Rovers too much credit for fleecing Chelsea back after all the years they've done it to other clubs.

I'm going to go for an extremely comfortable 2 - 0 Chelsea victory. We WILL concede an early goal and throw any chance of winning the match away within a few minutes, because that's what we always do against them.

A Blackburn side without Emerton, Dunn and Roque is void of any kind of class or creativity. If we get beaten, then I think people should remember that before jumping on the manager's back. It's instances like this that the club's decision not to bring in a right midfielder looks extremely negligent though.

I haven't a clue what line up to go for, I'd just pack the midfield with all the tacklers we have and not let the likes of Lampard, Deco, Ballack etc do anything with the ball. I'd be tempted to field Warnock, Mokoena and Vogel all in the centre, with Carlos on the left, Derbyshire on the right and Roberts up front to bully the Chelsea back four.

My Chelsea supporting mate says he's been charged £36 for his ten year old child's ticket! Anyone have an explanation?

Who cares?

Stone me, you must have mistaken everyone on here for people who give a toss! It's up to him to sort it out with the club himself if a mistake has occurred.

As for the game - hate the build up in the LT - "18m v 117m" - "Money is not the be all and end all" etc.

Almost like we're getting the excuses in early - or at least that's the way it comes over.

It's eleven against eleven on the day.

As for the game - hate the build up in the LT - "18m v 117m" - "Money is not the be all and end all" etc.

Almost like we're getting the excuses in early - or at least that's the way it comes over.

It's eleven against eleven on the day.

Totally agree RevidgeBlue, its eleven v eleven and we are the home team if the management team think we are out of our depth in this game then maybe we have to question their role and ability in managing our club because this is the standard we come up against in this league or is it division.

Totally agree RevidgeBlue, its eleven v eleven and we are the home team if the management team think we are out of our depth in this game then maybe we have to question their role and ability in managing our club because this is the standard we come up against in this league or is it division.

In answer to this read this

“We just have to hope they have an off day and we play ever so well and, with a bit of lady luck, get a result.”

=O

I don't agree with Ince's view of the top four. They would only be replaced by the sides like Man.City, Spurs, and Villa anyway. Then what?

He also said the top four are whooping teams by five or six goals. There's only be one 5-0 victory this season (Chelsea vs. Sunderland), and the only six goal deficit was Man City vs. Portsmouth. So on one hand he's saying that (and bending the truth), but on the other hand he's exemplifying Hull for their determination. Bit of a topsy turvy interview to me.

In answer to this read this

"lady luck!" who is this? Souness in disguise?

A pathetic interview from Ince imo, yes it's hard against the big 4 and there admittedly is a gulf but this is the elite and it's about challenging yourself against the best!

Unless this is some kind of smoke screen, i hate the way Ince is licking the top 4 back passages, yes his jobs on the line but instead of rolling over, here the 3 points chelsea, I would be rallying the troops, exciting the fans saying we cant wait for chelsea to come to our back yard, we will give them a game and see what they are made of, we can't wait!

I don't think Ince has had anything good to say about Rovers since he's been here.

"lady luck!" who is this? Souness in disguise?

A pathetic interview from Ince imo, yes it's hard against the big 4 and there admittedly is a gulf but this is the elite and it's about challenging yourself against the best!

Unless this is some kind of smoke screen, i hate the way Ince is licking the top 4 back passages, yes his jobs on the line but instead of rolling over, here the 3 points chelsea, I would be rallying the troops, exciting the fans saying we cant wait for chelsea to come to our back yard, we will give them a game and see what they are made of, we can't wait!

I don't think Ince has had anything good to say about Rovers since he's been here.

Ince has said that IF the top 4 sides play the way they can and IF they compete as well as Rovers and other sides then there is no contest, that is a reality and a fact which no one can deny.

That being said he also added that "We will believe though, If Hull can beat Arsenal and score three goals against Manchester United, then why not?

Cherry picking quotes is always a speciality on this board :rolleyes:

=O

I don't agree with Ince's view of the top four. They would only be replaced by the sides like Man.City, Spurs, and Villa anyway. Then what?

He also said the top four are whooping teams by five or six goals. There's only be one 5-0 victory this season (Chelsea vs. Sunderland), and the only six goal deficit was Man City vs. Portsmouth. So on one hand he's saying that (and bending the truth), but on the other hand he's exemplifying Hull for their determination. Bit of a topsy turvy interview to me.

Maybe an error somewhere in either the interview or Ince getting misconstrued?

"The way things are going, the top four are just beating teams by five or six. Something has to happen sooner than later."

With you Rev, looks like the excuses are in, what incentive is that for a walk on fan to get a ticket?

Only hope we make a fight of it, another surrender along the lines of the United game will make me think it's only a 30 game season with us pretty much giving up the 8 games against the big 4.

Regardless of the result (I think a defeat is pretty much inevitable) we need to take a positive of a gutsy display away from the game. If that happens I'll be a lot more optimistic for the rest of the season.

Maybe an error somewhere in either the interview or Ince getting misconstrued?

"The way things are going, the top four are just beating teams by five or six. Something has to happen sooner than later."

Then shouldn't it be 'the way things are going, the top four will be beating teams by five or six'?

Sounds like a silly thing to say anyway, in light of Hull's fightback against Man.United and Stoke thumping Arsenal. :huh:

I don't think interviews are really Ince's forte.

Can't see us getting anything other than a banging scorewise and football lesson as per the Arse and Red Rats games. Emo and NcCarthy definitely out, Grella, Santa and Ooijer all doubtful, The Guardian has Simpson on the right wing ( it'll be a new experience for him being in the opposition half ) and Warnock on the left wing ? What's our centre midfield choices ? Tugay, Moko, Vogel , If you rolled them all into one you wouldn't have a good 'un. Pedersen, Treacy, Peter are all in the squad but apparently Warnocks a better bet out wide on the left, it's a shame we can't clone him so he could play leftback, centre midfield and left wing. Sounds like it's gonna pour down as well. I'd like to go to sleep tonight and wake up on Monday.

Archived