BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Captaincy

Tom

Agree with Scotty, Nelsen's a cracking captain, but his game has been suspect of late.

Having said that I'm not sure Ooijer or Zurab are the answer. Zurab often has a solid game apart from the few times every game where he seems to just switch off, giving the opposition chances, whilst Ooijer seems painfully slow even though he's a solid defender. Mind you if we cointinue to leak goals we have to look at the Nelsen-Samba partnership (although there a re probably a fair few other causes, such as a settled side).

In terms of effort Emo and Warnock are above the rest but am not too sure of their maturity. Emerton seems to get really frustrated and annoyed if we're doing badly whilst Warnock in the past has had a few moments of recklessness (not to mention having to cope with a new position or two as well) and I reckon the captaincy should perhaps be with a calmer individual. I know people might say Keane was a good captain and hardly calm, but then Gallas shows the reverse of this argument. To me the captain should always be level headed individual.

Archived