BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Disciplinary Table- Bs Or The Hard Truth?

Anyone remember Chelsea's free kick by the riverside in the first half. The ref told the Chelsea player to take the ball back a few yards, the player didn't do as asked, but the ref just seemed to say to him "oh, OK then, carry on, take it from where you want" and allowed play to continue much to the rovers players surprise. How biased was that?

2nd half I think Den.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it was how he reacted different with us. If Chelsea went down and asked for a foul, they got it, we didnt.

If they complained and surrounded the ref they got away with it, Warnock on his own didnt!

Then there is the free-kick the ref just gave up on - if it had been us then we would of got booked.

Then there was the free-kick that they got, that started the move for the goal when the foul should of gone our way on mokoena.

As for Robinson, it wasnt a foul, he didnt touch him, Anelka hardly appealed either, so why a red?

Who can I contact at the FA about the ref's performance?

The problem with 'small' clubs like ours is that enough noise isnt made to make any difference.

That's fine. I just wanted to know why. As I said I didn't think he was good. I just didn't perceive all his mistakes as being to our detriment. On MOTD2 last night it certainly looked a potential red for Robinson though, if the ref had decided it was a pen. Harsh in the conditions but then we are Rovers.

As for Robinson, it wasnt a foul, he didnt touch him, Anelka hardly appealed either, so why a red?

The problem with 'small' clubs like ours is that enough noise isnt made to make any difference.

Quite right. Both sky and BBC pundits agreed that Robinson did not touch Anelka but that it was a penalty!!! wtf! Lee Dixon has played football for years I bet he'd have been livid if it had been given against Almunia!

This is the very tenuous wording ........

1) A player kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

2) Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

3) Jumps at an opponent

4) Charges an opponent

5) Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

6) Pushes an opponent

7) Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling

8) Holds an opponent

9) Spits at an opponent

10) Handles the ball deliberately

If any of these offences are committed by a player inside their own penalty area then it's a penalty.

I didn't think he was only bad for us GB, - except maybe the booking Warnock picked up was a little harsh considering how Chelsea were up to their usual tactics of surrounding the referee whenever he awarded anything against them. He didn't react to them like he did Warnock, did he? [that's not defending Warnock in the least].

Come on den it was stupid of Warnock, he carried on and on and on until he got his just deserts with a caution foolish, foolish action from our captain he went that step to far which was unecessary as he displayed himself to all in his mannerisms giving the referee no alternative at all. Respect :)

Come on den it was stupid of Warnock, he carried on and on and on until he got his just deserts with a caution foolish, foolish action from our captain he went that step to far which was unecessary as he displayed himself to all in his mannerisms giving the referee no alternative at all. Respect :)

I said I wasn't defending Warnock. <_<

I couldn't quite understand the antipathy of many of the crowd towards the ref yesterday. He didn't send robinson off and quite clearly could have done. He gave corners when they should have been goal kicks and vice versa but seemed to be fairly even handed in his awfulness. We could have had a penalty too. He was poor yes but I think if we're honest that we benefited as much as we suffered.

Good post gumboots, sensible stuff.

I think it was how he reacted different with us. If Chelsea went down and asked for a foul, they got it, we didnt.

If they complained and surrounded the ref they got away with it, Warnock on his own didnt!

Then there is the free-kick the ref just gave up on - if it had been us then we would of got booked.

Then there was the free-kick that they got, that started the move for the goal when the foul should of gone our way on mokoena.

Dont be so paranoid Hughesy the ref didnt cost us the game.

I said I wasn't defending Warnock. <_<

OK den :huh:

Quite right. Both sky and BBC pundits agreed that Robinson did not touch Anelka but that it was a penalty!!! wtf! Lee Dixon has played football for years I bet he'd have been livid if it had been given against Almunia!

This is the very tenuous wording ........

1) A player kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

2) Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

3) Jumps at an opponent

4) Charges an opponent

5) Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

6) Pushes an opponent

7) Makes contact with the opponent before touching the ball when tackling

8) Holds an opponent

9) Spits at an opponent

10) Handles the ball deliberately

If any of these offences are committed by a player inside their own penalty area then it's a penalty.

Where did you get those rules from?

Because if those are true the so called "experts" on MOTD/Sky Sports were wrong (again). Robinson did not trip (he didn't touch him) nor did he attempt to trip Anelka (he was trying to get the ball) therefore it is not a penalty.

Andy Gray was comparing it to Gerrard against Sheff Utd on the first day of the season a couple of years ago where he also was not touched. Looking at the rules this should not have been a penalty either.

In what other way are these two incidents similar? The big four! (We were lucky this time)

Where did you get those rules from?

Because if those are true the so called "experts" on MOTD/Sky Sports were wrong (again). Robinson did not trip (he didn't touch him) nor did he attempt to trip Anelka (he was trying to get the ball) therefore it is not a penalty.

Andy Gray was comparing it to Gerrard against Sheff Utd on the first day of the season a couple of years ago where he also was not touched. Looking at the rules this should not have been a penalty either.

In what other way are these two incidents similar? The big four! (We were lucky this time)

You can purchase a handbook on the Laws of Association football 2007-2008 from the FA either go online, go to your local FA headquarters, library or quality bookshop that should do.

Havent been on the FA website but there might be a section on the Laws of the game or Association football, check it out Bucky.

You can purchase a handbook on the Laws of Association football 2007-2008 from the FA either go online, go to your local FA headquarters, library or quality bookshop that should do.

Havent been on the FA website but there might be a section on the Laws of the game or Association football, check it out Bucky.

Rules of the game (pg 35)

Theno had pulled them from the FA directly. Good work

So no, it wasn't a foul, **** you Andy Gray

Rules of the game (pg 35)

Theno had pulled them from the FA directly. Good work

So no, it wasn't a foul, **** you Andy Gray

Bucky got to pick you up on this its LAWS OF THE GAME not rules.

Dont worry i've yet to hear an ex-player or pundit get it right on the application of the Laws of the game dont know why thats why the fans live in ignorance in this country.

I think the key is that football managers prefer to blame the ref rather than look at heir own failings though they arent allowed to go over board in criticising a referee its all part of 'the industry' deflect the fans onto the officials .Think about it i've been guilty of this.

Maybe to balance this package of televised football up TV HAS to employ an ex-referee on the pundit team to give a more knowledgable viewpoint.

Believe me it doesnt help your grassroots referee when hes officiating in the local parks with local lads who probably take the pundits view as gospel when they are misinformed.

just to get back to the original point. The table is rubbish, i think im correct in saying that is doesnt just go on red and yellows but also includes players attitude towards the ref, sportsmanship shown to the opposition and crowd i think. i remember seeing the table a while back and players attitude to the ref was a lower score than Man Utd and Chelsea, and i mean these must surely have the worst attitudes towards refs in the entire football league if not europe!!

half the bookings at ewood are laughable, yes Warnock got himself booked, but what about lampard and terry surrounding the ref at numberous points in the game, yet nothing!

worst referee performance i think ive seen at ewood as well. especially when after lamps freekick onto the cross bar, both ref and linesman gave a goal kick only for lampard to complain and a corner was given.

Bucky got to pick you up on this its LAWS OF THE GAME not rules.

Dont worry i've yet to hear an ex-player or pundit get it right on the application of the Laws of the game dont know why thats why the fans live in ignorance in this country.

I think the key is that football managers prefer to blame the ref rather than look at heir own failings though they arent allowed to go over board in criticising a referee its all part of 'the industry' deflect the fans onto the officials .Think about it i've been guilty of this.

Maybe to balance this package of televised football up TV HAS to employ an ex-referee on the pundit team to give a more knowledgable viewpoint.

Believe me it doesnt help your grassroots referee when hes officiating in the local parks with local lads who probably take the pundits view as gospel when they are misinformed.

Intereestingly 5 live had Graham Poll in the studio yesterday commenting on all the reffing decisions.

half the bookings at ewood are laughable, yes Warnock got himself booked, but what about lampard and terry surrounding the ref at numberous points in the game, yet nothing!

worst referee performance i think ive seen at ewood as well. especially when after lamps freekick onto the cross bar, both ref and linesman gave a goal kick only for lampard to complain and a corner was given.

My take on this incident was the referee and the assistant referee were unsure and went off the body language of both Robinson and some of the players who acted as if they were waiting for a corner, it was the players body language that swayed the ref into giving the corner.

If all the Rovers players had run out of the box and Robinson made it clear he was taking a goal kick a goal kick it would have been despite any protestations from the Chelsea players.

My take on this incident was the referee and the assistant referee were unsure and went off the body language of both Robinson and some of the players who acted as if they were waiting for a corner, it was the players body language that swayed the ref into giving the corner.

If all the Rovers players had run out of the box and Robinson made it clear he was taking a goal kick a goal kick it would have been despite any protestations from the Chelsea players.

More likely he got it down his ear-piece from the 4th official with a monitor.

btw I could tell it was a corner from Darwen end central of the JW. Robinson's fingertips did alter the flight of the ball. Whether it would have gone under the bar I cannot say but it was an excellent save all the same.

if your first point is the case Jal then they shouldn't be officiating

2nd point - not a cat in hells chance you know this.

As per your response to Den , you are missing the whole point here - Den is acknowledging that Warnock deserved to be booked, but then again so did others who where not.

Over the past few seasons we have seen the extent of these decisions piling up against us, and IMO as with many others, we are certainly have gripe for unjustified decisions against us when similar if not worse offences against us are not even punished.

I absolutely agree with you, CK, but the system is so biased they don't even want to look into the matter - I protested several times last season and basically just get a standard email in reply.

Maybe letters to those concerned rather than emails might help, and to multi recipients - I just don't know the answer. I do know that jobs are not being done properly though and it is unfair and not good enough. We must be able to do something to make someone see that things are just not right. I have tried desperately to look at it on an unbiased basis but when you get 13 free kicks against you and none for in a half, and so many 50/50s go against you there has to be a reason.

Saturday's Warnock question is another case in point as is mentioned, and at least three Chelsea players should have received cards on the basis of Stephen's.

Dont be so paranoid Hughesy the ref didnt cost us the game.

I didnt say he cost us the game, I just said he was poor and unfair.

It was a very good save, so to be fair Lampard was right to ask.

Intereestingly 5 live had Graham Poll in the studio yesterday commenting on all the reffing decisions.

What did he have to say?

Saturday's Warnock question is another case in point as is mentioned, and at least three Chelsea players should have received cards on the basis of Stephen's.

Spot on Mum

Indeed Roversmum , and don't want to sound bulshie on this but I had/have more respect when I play the game however as I have mentioned before, I do feel there is alot to be answered for away from the field rather than on it.

As Tris says he tends to side with the officials when watching , maybe because he also plays the game I don't know - now I don't side with them and am not naive to think they will get every single decision correct, but do try to understand what the may have seen however over the last 4 or 5 seasons I do feel as you say they are totally incapable from doing the job and there decision is already made even before an offence has been committed.

Funnily enough, has anybody else seen this on the gossip column of the BBC

'Managers are considering keeping their players in the dressing room until a few minutes before kick-off time to express their anger at recent refereeing decisions. (Daily Telegraph) '

Right or wrong ( wrong in my book) despite my feelings , but shows to me that there is an element of unrest amonst the professionals also.

Problem is, they just highlight it as crap refs in general. Its not, its biased to big clubs that is the most annoying thing. When you play the big 4 you cant touch them, they are like royalty and if you dare, you get booked.

So they are crap then and incapable of doing the job as they shoudln't be showing any bias whatsoever.

No maybe not, but it does seem to happen against the 'royalty' (top 4) teams more often.

McCarthy got booked (which led to a red) for a handball which was harsh, ronaldo made a clear handball and didnt even get his 1st booking of the game.

I didn't hear what he had to say about the rovers decisions because I was at the match. Just heard the ones on the City game which he reckoned were all correct. He was on setanta (Football matters) the week before commenting on the Rovers W Brom game when he said that he too thought the McCarthy one was harsh. He said the handball was not a mandatory yellow and probably shouldn't have been given. A stern warning should have been given and possibly that was all the first one deserved too bearing in mind it was his first offence and clumsy rather than malicious

Archived