BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gears Of War 2

I play a lot of games, most I play for fifteen minutes decide its crap and never touch again. Usually those that do last in my 360 are sports games, Im still playing Fight Night and the latest Tiger, PES, FM and FIFA are yearly certs. Occaisionally I get into other games, I got into the original Gears after being constantly bombarded with 'wants to play' requests from friends and work colleagues I gave in and got the game, loved it for its story element and its online gaming function. Similar with COD4 and Halo 3. GTA was a great game but let down by its online function and therefore prob won't be touched again.

Now back to Gears 2, I got it yesterday and probably 3 quarters of the way through, now this sounds like its a short game, thats possibly true but it could also reflect on how much I have got into it. The story so far is amazing, from the opening scenes to the point Im playing at(without wanting to give anything away) Ive just witnessed one of the saddest video game scenes in history, the writing of it was like that of a Hollywood Blockbuster.

Ive not been online with it yet but was talking to a few friends who have and they say its better than last time out, I read Damage's post on the New Games Thread and he said somthing along the lines of, 'It will be in my drive for the next twelve months!' I think Id times that by two because I want to finish the story off, play it again this time on hardcore setting with some mates, then play it again and again online.

Maybe I should actually go and post on the football forum but theres nowt much happening, or maybe there is but GOW2 is stopping me from looking :o

Guest Kamy100

Got the game yesterday and really like it, it builds upon the first one does everything really well. The storyline is also much better and combat is superb. My only gripe is that length of the game, I played on hardcore and am already almost half way through it, it has taken me 2 and half hours, I reckon with another 3 hours player i'll finish it, that is really disappointing as the length should be longer. Having said that online rocks, especially the "horde" mode and I can see myself playing this a lot online.

Despite the length of the game superb game and well worth investing in a 360 to play this and Fable 2 which is just immense.

Was playing horde with friends last night and we managed to get through to wave 50 on Blood Drive map. But that was playing on casual difficulty. And then it still took us 4 hours to complete! Barmy and great entertainment! Only 99500 kills to go until Seriously 2.0!!!!

This game is best value for money around.... and would be just for the multiplayer modes. Have not done much of the campaign yet (my son has been hogging the game disc and has finished it on casual)! But from what I have seen, it looks great and remember there are 4 difficulty setting! Try beating it on insane in just a few hours - i promise you wont!

So for all you sony boys, get your consoles sold on ebay and buy a 360 instead! If ever there was exclusive title to sink the competition, its GOW2.

Now back to Gears 2, I got it yesterday and probably 3 quarters of the way through, now this sounds like its a short game, thats possibly true but it could also reflect on how much I have got into it. The story so far is amazing, from the opening scenes to the point Im playing at(without wanting to give anything away) Ive just witnessed one of the saddest video game scenes in history, the writing of it was like that of a Hollywood Blockbuster.

I know exactly what your talking about Seggie as I just got to that bit this evening. I was CRYING! If there were an Oscar for best video game cutscene it would win it hands down, it was one of the greatest and most sadly memorable events I've witnessed in a very long history of playing games. For those who haven't got to it yet, you'll know it when you get there...truly powerful stuff and a testament to how games are truly elbowing Hollywood out of the limelight.

I know exactly what your talking about Seggie as I just got to that bit this evening. I was CRYING! If there were an Oscar for best video game cutscene it would win it hands down, it was one of the greatest and most sadly memorable events I've witnessed in a very long history of playing games. For those who haven't got to it yet, you'll know it when you get there...truly powerful stuff and a testament to how games are truly elbowing Hollywood out of the limelight.

Dammit, I'm off to buy it now and I'll play it this evening. If it doesn't make me weep I'll be back tomorrow to mock you mercilessly.

I've just got there too. If anyone has doubts over buying this then believe me that this game is something special. Turn the volume up and kick some locusts into touch. Then once you've done that, get some mates together and play Horde. It's fantastic. Me and some mates were playing avalanche and our conversation went like this:

friend 1: "does the avalanche come over this bit?"

friend 2: "i'm not sure"

me: "nah we're fine"

With that we both die and only friend 1 survives! You can also take some very funny pictures online too.

Over the weekend Asda were selling it for £32. I think some were for £29 too. Great value for money.

This (along with the first one) are the ONLY games I wanted to play on the 360 and so I hatched a cunning plan last week. I met my sister in town who isnt really a gamer but she does have a 360 (what a waste) I persuaded her to buy Gears 2 and next sunday she is going to lend me the 360 with the game.

MMMMMMMWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! (what do you think of that for an evil laugh)

Its such a shame, her and her boyfriend have only had it on the once. I think they bought the first one, played it twice and traded it in. As I say, such a waste.

This (along with the first one) are the ONLY games I wanted to play on the 360 and so I hatched a cunning plan last week. I met my sister in town who isnt really a gamer but she does have a 360 (what a waste) I persuaded her to buy Gears 2 and next sunday she is going to lend me the 360 with the game.

MMMMMMMWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!! (what do you think of that for an evil laugh)

Its such a shame, her and her boyfriend have only had it on the once. I think they bought the first one, played it twice and traded it in. As I say, such a waste.

You'll love it Cocker. Great game and make sure you play Hoard online. It's awesome.

You'll love it Cocker. Great game and make sure you play Hoard online. It's awesome.

Borrowed the 360 and gears on sunday night. Finished it yesterday and all I can say is - WOW. What a wonderful game. Its everything I want in a game. I didnt get bored at any point of it and just wanted to keep playing.

Well done to the boys and girls that made it. I just wish that it would come out on the PS3 so I could do it all again.

Archived