BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

Is what I am hearing true? someone on the official board says Matt Jansen is back at the club trying to get himself into the blackburn first team apparantly there is something in the LET today does anyone have a link to the article? I have searched the LET site but can't find any reference to it as yet if anyone can help with a link would be interested to see it

cheers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is indeed on the back of the LET but I wouldn't go overboard. It basically says jansen wants to try and get back into football and Rovers are letting him train. It then goes on to speculate how good a peak Jansen would be for Rovers at this time but that is irrelevant because them days have gone for good.

Personally, I think its a scam by Brownie to shift his remaining tickets.

I could just about see the logic in offering Fowler a "pay as you play" deal (even if it was somewhat optimistic) but this latest news beggars belief.

Jansen was offered a similar pay as you play deal with us in May 2005 but it clearly didn't work out and he was released a few months into it. There then followed a short spell at Bolton ending in 2006 and a failed spell in the US with the New York Bulls.

Since then he has apparently been developing various business interests.

I've now got to the stage where I wish the Trustees would just do one and hand over to new owners who are prepared to have a proper go at running a Premiership football club.

Or can anyone now just pitch up off the street and train with the first team squad?

:angry:

I've now got to the stage where I wish the Trustees would just do one and hand over to new owners who are prepared to have a proper go at running a Premiership football club.

:angry:

Yeah! Like they grow on trees out there! Lets ask WHU, City, Lpool, Newcastle and Portsmouth for suggestions? Or maybe you can just practice a bit harder at Poker Simon! :)

Is there any suggestion of him winning a contract? Or is he just training at a place he knows well in an effort to win a contract at a lower level?

I'll start worrying when he gets a squad number....

Is there any suggestion of him winning a contract? Or is he just training at a place he knows well in an effort to win a contract at a lower level?

I'll start worrying when he gets a squad number....

No, iv just spoke with someone who knows Matty quite well and basically we are giving him the platform to try and earn a contract elsewhere not here.

No, iv just spoke with someone who knows Matty quite well and basically we are giving him the platform to try and earn a contract elsewhere not here.

I have no problem with giving a Rovers legend and one of my all time favourite players the chance to try and resurrect his career. Perhaps something has changed and Matt feels he may be able to get back playing at a level or standard that will allow him to play the game he loves.

For crying out loud he's doing nothing more than Beckham training last year with Arsenal last year. How anyone see's a legend training with us a negative is beyond me.

Got to be better than persevering with Fowler.

It is indeed on the back of the LET but I wouldn't go overboard. It basically says jansen wants to try and get back into football and Rovers are letting him train. It then goes on to speculate how good a peak Jansen would be for Rovers at this time but that is irrelevant because them days have gone for good.

Personally, I think its a scam by Brownie to shift his remaining tickets.

The remaining tickets are now a tenner !

I asked Andy Cryer to mention it in the paper but nearly passed out when I saw the headline !

For crying out loud he's doing nothing more than Beckham training last year with Arsenal last year. How anyone see's a legend training with us a negative is beyond me.

Seconded.

Welcome back, and all the best. I can't think of a single player deserving it more, what a brilliant exponent of the loyal, sympathetic and (let's not forget) talented footballer. He probably won't get a contract here, but if we can help him find a club in the lower leagues, I say do it. THERE'S ONLY ONE MATT JANSEN!

On a side note, did anyone actually send the "thank you Jansen"-thread to him when he left the club ?

Archived