BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

Ince says he's got quick feet (he certainly didn't have those for the two years or so he played after his accident), skill (he lost that too), awareness (he was barely aware of where he was after the accident) and hunger (well I'm hungry for £1000's a week too) but this is from the same genius that threw Keith Andrews into the first team for a "bargain" and has declared Johann Vogel not good enough.

I don't trust Ince's judgement of the qualities required for Premiership football but if Jansen is ever announced on the team sheet (starting or sub) I will be cheering for him and remembering his goal against Spurs in the cup final. My head tells me that Ince is getting desperate though.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if Ince isn't just using bringing Jansen back as some sort of ploy to try and win back the fans. He even said himself that Matt is a legend with the fans. I can't seem to figure it out otherwise, as I don't see his mate Fowler being too happy with more competition for a starting place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ince isn't just using bringing Jansen back as some sort of ploy to try and win back the fans. He even said himself that Matt is a legend with the fans. I can't seem to figure it out otherwise, as I don't see his mate Fowler being too happy with more competition for a starting place.

Complete testicles mate, he called the club and asked, what would you say? No.

I'd have said: "Sorry Matty if it didn't work out in 4 years after the accident it isn't going to now - I'm not going to cruelly waste your time or mine or get anybody's hopes raised falsely again. Good luck with whatever you decide to do but at 31 with 6 years more or less out of the picture it ain't gonna happen."

And I speak as someone who adored Jansen.

Who next, Stan Collymore?

Nope, Fowler, Grella, The loan signings, infact, ALL of PI's signings instead...

Yes, you've guessed it, rather have a punt on Matty than ANY of the recent incomings!

I'd have said: "Sorry Matty if it didn't work out in 4 years after the accident it isn't going to now - I'm not going to cruelly waste your time or mine or get anybody's hopes raised falsely again. Good luck with whatever you decide to do but at 31 with 6 years more or less out of the picture it ain't gonna happen."

And I speak as someone who adored Jansen.

Who next, Stan Collymore?

He'll only make the Brockhall car park.

I half expect us to be linked with John Aldridge and Mark Robins these days.

Archived