BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

Quote any you like Gazz. [preferrably not on this thread though, where you've made no comments at all about the game.

i have made comments regarding the game if you look closer Den. You asked me (What Truth) and i simply answered (You don't like Paul Ince).

You asked me this question on this thread, so i will answer you on this thread if that is ok with you Den

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.....back to the football.

We won with a very under strength side against a strong Sunderland team and although the performance was poor, we are in the bowl/hat/bag for the next round and only 3 games away from Wembley.

The plus points from the match is Robbo's form, the tip onto the crossbar was world class and obviously the return of Rocky who undoubtedly crucial to our season.

The only negative was Fowler who once again offered us very little on the pitch.

The victory should give us the mental edge for out rematch on Saturday.

look closer you also mentioned Ince picked the wrong team last night as well!!!!

In my opinion he did pick the wrong team. We have two young wingers in the reserves - Aaron Doran and Alan Judge - who are flying at the moment. I felt - and still do - that one of those deserved a chance over Andy Haworth who has had just a couple of sub outings for the Reserves this season. I also believe that the manager's faith in Robbie Fowler is misplaced. That doesn't make me anti-Ince. It makes me a paying customer with a viewpoint.

I have said before I find the Hughes/Ince debate pointless and that the only important thing is the future and for Ince to be successful. If he is successful the club is successful - the two go together. However, I admit to being concerned when Grella is played - at West Brom and against Chelsea - when clearly not fit while Vogel is frozen out. I admit I cannot see any point in the signing of Robbie Fowler.

I have also said that like eight or nine other clubs in this League we are going to be involved in a fight for survival this season. Again, I have seen nothing in the League this season to suggest otherwise. I think most people would accept that this season is going to be the tightest since the Premiership was established.

How holding those views can make me anti-Ince or pro-Ince is beyond me. I am pro-Rovers and want the best for the club and for that reason I want Ince to be successful. However, as a paying customer, I also have a right to have an opinion.

I think people are being a bit too critical of Ince, especially those who didn't even see the game last night. We did play a reserve side and did play a lot of youth but its only going to aid the development of those players. We did play pretty poor in the first half but Sunderland weren't much better and with the likes of Roque and Warnock to come on and win us the game, I think Ince got it spot on last night. I would much rather Fowler wasnt at the club and would also rather Derbyshire was given less pitch time as I dont rate either but I will get behind them while they are at the club. Ince has done an ok job so far, blooded in some good youth players such as Olsson and Simpson and although he has done some strange things tactically, he is learning and I have full faith he will keep us up this season. I understand that we should be aiming higher but its not easy with our cash limits and losing a player such as Bentley as well as our injury struggles.

I use to play for Wyre Juniors many years ago. Never heard of villa before. I use to live in Garstang back in the day. Never realised Haworth is from there.

I agree no point in having an academy if we never use it![/quote/]

yeh sorry he did play for wyre juniors in knott end, wyre villa is in stalmine. blackburn signed him when he was playing for them when he was about 11/12, but i can remember going to watch my brother play, and howarth stood out like a sore thumb, his skill was immense at his age, and used to score 30+ a season, but the down side to him is that he was as a kid a manure fan! but glad ince gives the youngsters a chance.

It was strange that Ince picked Haworth ahead of Judge.

That's a very fair comment R6.

I don't watch the reserves but friends of mine who do say that Haworth hardly even starts for the reserves.

Conversely Judge is apparently impressive at that level and I saw Judge introduced in the opening friendly at Macclesfield and thought he did well.

That's a very fair comment R6.

I don't watch the reserves but friends of mine who do say that Haworth hardly even starts for the reserves.

Conversely Judge is apparently impressive at that level and I saw Judge introduced in the opening friendly at Macclesfield and thought he did well.

As a regular to the reserves (Christie Park being within walking distance to hime) I too found Haworths inclusion baffling.

seeing that Andy Haworth has only made 2 appearances for the reserves this season, on both occasions his appearances were from the subs bench. Last season he only started 3 reserve games.(due to injury). Meanwhile Judge has been a star for the reserves, banging in goals left right and centre when moved to the centre, whilst running the midfield.

I can only suggest that Ince is keeping Judge fresh for tomorrows clash against Sunderland.

Major drama at Sunderland right now.

Seems Keano is not on the team bus and is staying away from the team today - not the first time he has gone missing in the past two weeks.

Watch this space - and the dug-out - tomorrow.

How do you know this? Maybe you have some information about Rovers too - in that case you should start your own thread. :D

Archived