BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vital game, we badly need a win from anywhere to set the ball rolling again and a spot in the last 8 of the Cup will give us a real confidence boost.

Samba must start. Agree with Hughesey re Nelsen and I'd like to see Zurab given the chance to develop a partnership with Samba.

Obviously the league is the priority but the lure of a Wembley final is only a couple of games away.

Maybe I'm being selfish but having never experienced the new Wembley and coming so close a few season's ago, It would be beautiful to see Rovers there! I went to Cardiff in 2002 and for all those who went will have very fond memories indeed.

It's european qualification for the winners, silverware and success. Only when your out it's the mickey mouse cup!

I think the team will be -

Robbo

simpson zurab nelsen ollson

judge tugay warnock pedersen

derbyshire villanueva

Tugay was immense against Everton in the last round and can control the game for us.

Its a cup game so why are people looking at playing 4-5-1 ??

It doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

4-4-2 is the way forward.

there is going to be 2 teams, full of injuries restricting big names from playing.

2 reserve teams playing out a boring game.

I hope the travellers dont suffer toomuch

1-0 takes the game either way.

Obviously the league is the priority but the lure of a Wembley final is only a couple of games away.

Maybe I'm being selfish but having never experienced the new Wembley and coming so close a few season's ago, It would be beautiful to see Rovers there! I went to Cardiff in 2002 and for all those who went will have very fond memories indeed.

It's european qualification for the winners, silverware and success. Only when your out it's the mickey mouse cup!

I think the team will be -

Robbo

simpson zurab nelsen ollson

judge tugay warnock pedersen

derbyshire villanueva

Tugay was immense against Everton in the last round and can control the game for us.

I like the look of that team but I would play one out of Cruz and McCarthy up front with Carlos.

We need Judge to make an impression.

there is going to be 2 teams, full of injuries restricting big names from playing.

2 reserve teams playing out a boring game.

I hope the travellers dont suffer toomuch

Strangely enough 1864 the two Carling Cup ties with the "reserves" have been by far the best two games seen at Ewood this season!.

Hope it's a similar story tomorrow as I'm making the journey up there.

Vinjay's latest thoughts on Sunderland v Rovers, and an unexpected link with Fat Boy Slim, are now live at Salut! Sunderland

I expect to have another Rovers fan writing tomorrow post-league cup game

Flopsy of this parish suggested that when I return cap in hand for a preview(ish) of the Premier return at our place on Boxing Day , I should just post the questions here and collate the results. Which is a great idea, though even better would be if someone from here wanted to do the whole works him/herself. Contact me here by private message if interested

Vinjay's latest thoughts on Sunderland v Rovers, and an unexpected link with Fat Boy Slim, are now live at Salut! Sunderland

I expect to have another Rovers fan writing tomorrow post-league cup game

Flopsy of this parish suggested that when I return cap in hand for a preview(ish) of the Premier return at our place on Boxing Day , I should just post the questions here and collate the results. Which is a great idea, though even better would be if someone from here wanted to do the whole works him/herself. Contact me here by private message if interested

Now there's a first.

Vinjay thinking!

Yes SAR the link doesn't work.

Sunderland (from): Fulop, Colgan, Bardsley, Chimbonda, Ferdinand, Nosworthy, Collins, Malbranque, Whitehead, Tainio, Leadbitter, Miller, Yorke, Richardson, Reid, Diouf, Cisse, Murphy, Healy, Henderson, Meyler.

Blackburn (from): Robinson, Brown, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen, Khizanishvili, Olsson, Warnock, Mokoena, Tugay, Treacy, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Fowler, McCarthy, Judge, Kane, Hodge, Howarth

Archived