BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks as though Sunderland have a few injury problems of their own. We have a good record in the north but Sunderland will be no mugs.

Hopefully Pedersen will continue his good work from the weekend and net a few blinders.

I think this may go to pens though, there's always one tie in a round and there wasn't even a match last night that went into extra time so it's odd's on to happen.

Fowler to score the winning penalty because we all live in a Robbie Fowler house!!!!

Why not??? He is quite clearly listed in the squad on Rovers website and BBC website. If you think he is still suspended a red from 2 yellows = 1 match ban which he served against Chelsea so he should be starting tonight, hopefully.

Nothing to do with suspension

he's not injured, so why won't he be in the squad then??

It's the "he's fallen out with Ince/ Ince has fallen out with him" theory again isn't it? we have too few players for anyone to fall out with anyone. We need him to play and play at his best. He's supposed to be a pro so hopefully he'll turn up and do it.

It's the "he's fallen out with Ince/ Ince has fallen out with him" theory again isn't it? we have too few players for anyone to fall out with anyone. We need him to play and play at his best. He's supposed to be a pro so hopefully he'll turn up and do it.

No, I have just realised what I think he is on about. The girl who got stabbed last week was Benni's ex. Am I right? I would have thought he would still play but if he doesn't because of that then I guess we will have to accept his decision.

No, I have just realised what I think he is on about. The girl who got stabbed last week was Benni's ex. Am I right? I would have thought he would still play but if he doesn't because of that then I guess we will have to accept his decision.

Don't be daft. He didn't talk about her like that in the paper. I know people don't play if their immediate family is ill or dies but not this. Anyway a few goals against sunderland and getting his own career back on track will do him good. Not stop him remembering her or grieving for the way she died but just giving him something positive to think about as well.

Don't be daft. He didn't talk about her like that in the paper. I know people don't play if their immediate family is ill or dies but not this. Anyway a few goals against sunderland and getting his own career back on track will do him good. Not stop him remembering her or grieving for the way she died but just giving him something positive to think about as well.

Ok, ok, calm down. No need to start calling me daft, it was just a thought and I haven't seen what he said about her in the papers. Lets get back to asking that first guy who said he won't be in the squad what he was going on about then! Not injured, not suspended, no falling out that we know of (seems like he has just got back in Ince's good books) so why on earth would he not be playing???

Ok, ok, calm down. No need to start calling me daft, it was just a thought and I haven't seen what he said about her in the papers. Lets get back to asking that first guy who said he won't be in the squad what he was going on about then! Not injured, not suspended, no falling out that we know of (seems like he has just got back in Ince's good books) so why on earth would he not be playing???

Sorry that was just a throwaway line - not a suggestion you are actually daft. You're probably right about what he meant but it would seem a daft idea to me for him not to play. After all the rest of us get back to work after the death of a loved one and I know this must have been a bit of a shock in the way it happened, but it's not like she was his life partner. Playing will probably be the best thing for him, but then I do have a reputation for beiong completely unsentimental and unromantic so perhaps it has affected him more than I would think.

I'd line up something like this:

-------------Robinson----------------

--- Simpson, Zurab, Nelsen, Olsson ---

Judge, Warnock, Mokoena, Pedersen

------------ Carlos ------------------

------------ McCarthy ---------------

To be fair we haven't got much choice with team selection due to the amount of players out. I win here would be good and help moral but I'd much rather have the three points on Saturday.

Brown.

Simpson

Zurab

Nelsen

Olsson

Treacy

Warnock

Tugay

Derbyshire

Villanueva

Roberts

is the team in the LT today.

Hope that isn't true, one because Roberts is useless upfrotnt on his own and two because Derbyshire is totally ineffective out on the wing. I also question the decision to drop Pedersen off the back of Sunday's improved performance. I'd have also rested Tugay and played him in Saturday's match instead.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_pr...3075152,00.html

sorry if this has already been stated, I haven't read the entire thread...

"Blackburn's preparations have been hindered by the news that midfielder Vince Grella has been ruled out for four weeks with a hamstring injury. Keith Andrews is ineligible while Roque Santa Cruz (hamstring), Andre Ooijer (knee) and Brett Emerton (hamstring) are all sidelined through injury."

Hope that isn't true, one because Roberts is useless upfrotnt on his own and two because Derbyshire is totally ineffective out on the wing. I also question the decision to drop Pedersen off the back of Sunday's improved performance. I'd have also rested Tugay and played him in Saturday's match instead.

I wouldn't drop Pedersen either. If he's starting to play better he needs to keep doing it, not one game on, one game off.

Archived