BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview

BRFCBOY

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats- Rovers shading possession 51-49 but 0-4 on shots on. Leading 6-4 shots off, down 2-7 on corners and conceded 5 fouls to their 6 but of course have picked up both of the bookings so far this evening.

Sunderland have had periods of pressure from what I've picked up but the game is there for us to come out 2nd half and win.

Another keeping 'mare from a Brazilian keeper, this time at the other end.

On that note, why are both Sky and the BBC broadcasting the same game? You'd think the BBC would broadcast another game which would almost certainly mean they'd get a bigger audience - if you want to watch the Spurs game you'd go to the pub.

Stats- Rovers shading possession 51-49 but 0-4 on shots on. Leading 6-4 shots off, down 2-7 on corners and conceded 5 fouls to their 6 but of course have picked up both of the bookings so far this evening.

Sunderland have had periods of pressure from what I've picked up but the game is there for us to come out 2nd half and win.

From Rovers World it sounds like we are doing okay except we constantly get beaten in the air. Sunderland have had a lot of set pieces.

I would bring Mokoena and Fowler off for Warnock and Cruz.

Just got in from work and saw the team.

Now I was one of the few who wasn't really upset with the signing of Fowler as I thought fair enough, he's a decent backup player if we have injuries or suspensions. I certainly didn't expect to see him starting today when we could have been giving Carlos a go through the middle. I assume Benni is missing because of the girl as others have mentioned otherwise it's mad he's not even on the bench.

Surprised Haworth has just been giving a squad number and is now in the starting lineup, chance for the youngster to show what he can do, surprised he got the nod ahead of Judge though, I thought he was the more promising.

Is Haworth starting on the right or is it Derbs with a different formation?

Also anyone know if highlights are on ITV tonight as usual? I would check but the newspaper would require me moving.

Wish I could watch the game while proctoring tests today, but alas can't.

Oh and even more reason for me to hate Obama, he's a West Ham supporter. Booooo!

Hah i heard that last night on the Soccernet Podcast I believe. That one or another one of them. I laughed out loud. Stupid Elijah Wood FC

The official site was pretty certain we wouldn't see Roque tonight at lunch time.

From the BBC-

Kenwyne Jones heads narrowly off target at the Stadium of Light from another Danny Collins cross. Sunderland have had much the better of proceedings so far.

Come on Rovers!

Half-time stats;Rovers shading undressing 11-10 but 0-4 shorts on.Leading 6-4 shorts off,down 2-7 on powerade and confirmed 5 dirty towels to their 6, but of course have picked up the really filthy ones so far this evening.

Sunderland have had periods of pressure but from what i have seen the crowd is still there for us to come out fully dressed in the second half and parade in front of.

Archived