BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Sunderland Preview Mark II

Flopsy

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even before reading that Keane has/has not left Sunderland, I had been thinking that there was even more pressure on him than on Ince. After all, they have lost 4 consecutive matches, just lost to us with a strong sounding team in the Carling Cup and are in the bottom 3. We are not that far above them and if they can't get points off us, who can they get them off?

It will be interesting to see how they, as a club, react to the challenge.

The result and teams aside, Wednesday's game has highlighted one thing for Ince and co. That is to play 4-4-2.

It allows service to the forwards

It creates space in the middle

and more importantly

We score goals.

Sunderland are going to be smarting from the defeat against a make shift Rovers 11 as well as the shouting and stomping of Keane in the dressing room so they will be fired up with a decent sized backing behind them.

Rovers had better be up for a fight becasue they are going to get one tomorrow.

Looking out the window it's a mixed old day weather wise, I don't think we will have a monsoon like last week...

My heart says a 2 - 1 win for the Blue Machine but I can see both teams playing under a lot of pressure, external to the game as the 3 points are vital for both teams and as a consequence a draw will be on the cards.

Just got home from Southport and it's brightening from the west, almost at Chorley now. Hope we get a decent afternoon this time. I have a bad feeling about this game, I don't see us creating enough chances and Sunderland may well nick a win. 1-2 away win.

Archived