BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Rats away ! Worst possible draw in my opinion.

I think Arsenal would have been a tougher draw, out of the top four sides they are the team in my view that tend to give us a hammering pretty much every time we meet.

I think it all depends on what side United put out, if its a side full of youngsters/reserves we may stand a small chance of sneaking a result.

So close yet so far.

Gutted we didn't get Burnley but we owe the Manks a revenge tour after the way the ref mugged us last time we were there in the carling cup semis.

Did he. All I remember is Tugay sloppily gifting the ball away and costing us the crucial goal which Saha shinned in.

The media are going to be wanting 'giant-killing' Burnley to beat Arsenal. Not matter what the actual result, they're going to get a lot of attention in the next little while.

Let them have their 15 minutes I guess, then back to the routine of Championship obscurity.

Did he. All I remember is Tugay sloppily gifting the ball away and costing us the crucial goal which Saha shinned in.

I remember the ref gave everything United's way because Wigan had beaten Arsenal the night before and they were even more desperate to get United through to the final.

Zurab had the ball blasted at him from 4 yards and the ref gave a penalty which ended in a great save from Friedel, the players where fighting down the tunnel at half time and United where just having to fall over on the pitch to gain a free kick.

And the worst thing was, the saha winning goal was a shin roller fluke!

I remember the ref gave everything United's way because Wigan had beaten Arsenal the night before and they were even more desperate to get United through to the final.

Zurab had the ball blasted at him from 4 yards and the ref gave a penalty which ended in a great save from Friedel, the players where fighting down the tunnel at half time and United where just having to fall over on the pitch to gain a free kick.

And the worst thing was, the saha winning goal was a shin roller fluke!

It is coming back to me a bit now. Did we not have a penalty appeal turned down right infront of us when the Rovers player was booked for diving. Or was that the time before when David Thompson scored and we drew 1-1?

If Fergie sees the cup within sight, he might play a stronger team than expected. If not, he'll probably use his reverses mixed with the odd big name or two. I still think it's going to be difficult for us either way.

Only just seen the draw, what can I say, it's typical really is'nt it? Let's just hope that Man U field all their kids to concentrate on catching Chelsea up in the league. Allways thought that RFW hated this cup anyway, so you never know!

There is NOT a chance in hell the FA will allow manure and l'arse to be drawn together now for a quarter final.

I would agree with the other selections but its just written that Rovers are going to get Arsenal again.

I had a dream arse v rovers

spuds v watford

burnley v manure

stoke v derby

Wow your dream was very close....

Why do so many people believe in this fixed draw nonsense?! In any given year, there's a 50% chance that two teams will be kept apart until the final. Hardly impossible probability is it...

ye but when was it the other 50% in previous draws.

Archived