BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ye but when was it the other 50% in previous draws.

For the FA Cup:

Last season Man U played Arsenal in the FA Cup 5th Round

Three years ago semi finals were Chelsea vs Liverpool, Middlesbrough vs West Ham

Five years ago it was Arsenal vs Man U, Sunderland vs Millwall in the semis..

Seems to be a perfect 50% ratio in the FA Cup while the big four have been established...

The "fixed draw" and "warm ball" theories are some of the most idiotic things I've ever read on this board.

Fergie said during the week he would stick with the same side, so we shall see if he sticks to it.

Still a very good side - here is the squad against QPR -

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville (Vidic 89), Evans, O'Shea, Gibson, Possebon (Welbeck 72), Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Park.

Subs Not Used: Foster, Carrick, Manucho, Cleverley, Gray

Fergie said during the week he would stick with the same side, so we shall see if he sticks to it.

Still a very good side - here is the squad against QPR -

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville (Vidic 89), Evans, O'Shea, Gibson, Possebon (Welbeck 72), Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Park.

Subs Not Used: Foster, Carrick, Manucho, Cleverley, Gray

That team would hammer Ince's lightweights.

After today's result I couldn't care less about the League Cup. If there was a choice of 3 points today or losing the cup tie last week I would have taken the 3 points everytime.

With the injury crisis we are suffering plus a possible relegation dogfight this game is something we do not need.

I couldn't disagree more with that - a win is a win wherever it comes from and for me you can't have too many victories, it breeds confidence and can become a habit.

Plus could you imagine what a boost to morale it would be in our current situation beating those barstewards.

Not that it seems in the least bit likely at the moment I'll grant you.

P.S. Just seen MB's post. Was going to go but at 51 quid I think I'll be hoping it's on Sky. I'd have to have a serious think at 41.

P.S. Just seen MB's post. Was going to go but at 51 quid I think I'll be hoping it's on Sky. I'd have to have a serious think at 41.

The good thing is that with it being a cup game, dont Utd & Rovers have to agree on the price?

If so i can't see it being as expensive as that, and well if it is Rovers will be partly to blame.

The good thing is that with it being a cup game, dont Utd & Rovers have to agree on the price?

If so i can't see it being as expensive as that, and well if it is Rovers will be partly to blame.

They do have to agree on price but in one of the earlier rounds United wanted cheap tickets and Boro didn't agree to it so they were full price. In the last round i'm not sure of the reason but I know they were full whack. They have announced selling arrangements to their fans and according to what i saw it said standard ticket prices apply.

I'd be amazed if people were prepared to pay £41.

What a joke! The only all premier league game, Ince returning to his former club - yet Watford V Spuds is chosen? What a joke. Im going to write to Skysports and tell them they need to sort their heads out! Cockney lovers!

As for the game - IF we could win it, then it would br great for Morale, beating United at The Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches and also maybe it would help us keep hold of Roque if he had a potential Cup final to look forward to.

What a joke! The only all premier league game, Ince returning to his former club - yet Watford V Spuds is chosen? What a joke. Im going to write to Skysports and tell them they need to sort their heads out! Cockney lovers!

As for the game - IF we could win it, then it would br great for Morale, beating United at The Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches and also maybe it would help us keep hold of Roque if he had a potential Cup final to look forward to.

Havent people worked this out yet? None of the above matters, sky/any tv broadcaster, love to choose lower league teams at home to premiership teams. We would have even had more chance if it was at Ewood.

Ordered some ridiculously cheap plane tickets a few weeks ago, so here's hoping the game will be played on the Wednesday. Is this confirmed, then?

According to Radio Lancs-you might want to check the Rovers website as well.

3rd? Our game was always going to be on the 3rd. We play the sunday before.

Not according to Radio Lancs. I seem to remember in the past that we have played a cup match 2 days after a league game.

Archived