BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even the United fans I know think the prices are a disgrace, i'm not sure why the surprise though, I did say on Monday those were the prices, United would hardly announce different ones. I do think it would be great if hardly anyone went to this one. I'm not knocking people who are going, that's your choice and fair play. However I do think if only a few hundred went it would send a strong message. Sure some sections of the press will slate us, but if we could make it clear that we were boycotting then surely something could get into the press.

Ditto

£41 three weeks before christmas?!!! OUTRAGE

Do they think anyone will actually go?

What's wrong with you all?

How much do you think the all-in cost was for Burnley's 6000 plus for the Chelsea match, and they had even less chance of winning?

I'm beginning to feel Burnley really is more of a proper football town than Rovers.

Its because they have that cup scheme where all fans have no choice, and therefore they can literally charge what they want.

I wont be going at £40 a pop. Would just about pay that for a league game, never mind a cup match where half a team will be on show.

How much do you think the all-in cost was for Burnley's 6000 plus for the Chelsea match, and they had even less chance of winning?

I'm beginning to feel Burnley really is more of a proper football town than Rovers.

Quite simply I can't afford to pay out £100+ for a cup match for two of us to go in the middle of the week. £82 for tickets plus travel and food... It's not that I don't want to but that I simply can't afford that on the run up to Christmas.

No idea what the coach was but the match tickets were £20. Good comparison!!!

£41 is a joke. Chelsea was £20.. travel was expensive but it's not Chelsea's fault they're in London, so fair enough.

Draw a line in the sand here. Much as I love having a pop at Wovers, I think an empty away end would be something to be proud of on this one.

For what it's worth, got my Arsenal ticket today.. £20.

In today's Daily Telegraph there is a report that MU fans are complaining to the OFT.

In 2004/5 a season ticket holder in the North Stand Upper Centre had to budget £532 for the season.

This season they have to pay £912 for the same seat.

They might also be obliged to pay up to £502 for home FA and European matches.

So, a number of their fans are not happy they have to buy Carling Cup tickets as well.

That's the first one I'll have missed purely because of the price. £25 - 30 I would have stretched to (it's likely to be two very understrength sides after all) but at £41 they can whistle. I'll have a look at the price of the League Cup semi we played at Old Trafford a few seasons back, might be an interesting comparison. Seem to remember there was a good turnout from us Rovers fans for that one.

Maybe we should do some fund raising events to help pay for the game and then try and get these events highlighted on TV as a negative publicity stunt towards football in general.

This price is obviously reflected in the weakness of the Glazers and the massive debt that they owe. I'm sure the old ManU hierarchy wouldnt have come to this agreement.

7 Jan 2003 Worthington Cup semi-final 1st leg East Stand Tier 2 £17

Think that was the one where Thommo equalised for us with a header wasn't it?

25 Jan 2006 Carling Cup semi-final 2nd leg East Stand Tier 2 £31

Bit pricier than I remember

Decent followings at each I seem to recall.

£41 is a joke... Hopefully even the United fans wont turn up in force either!!!

They didn't sell out in the last round against Q.P.R. so they should have at least taken note from that!!!

They have the cup scheme though, so for every season ticket holder who isnt a junior, they will be paying it whether they like it or not. So they can still expect a massive attendance (which thankfully we get half of)

United fans have however now registered several complaints with the office of fair trading over the cup scheme season ticket rule.

Archived