BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not someone who would have attended this anyway due to my location, but I really think having an official boycott is a great idea. Have no one show up, make it public knowledge why this is happening.

Anyone still care to argue that the Glazer model isn't in crisis?

They have the cup scheme though, so for every season ticket holder who isnt a junior, they will be paying it whether they like it or not. So they can still expect a massive attendance (which thankfully we get half of)

Thats not actually true, Man Utd have a "opt out" scheme, so season ticket holders who dont want to go have to let the club know by a certain date and they wont be charged for the game.

Yep, because they'll sell tickets at 41 and still sell out.

But even if they did that, they're a country mile away from even paying teh interest on their loans.

It's the sort of story you hear in the papers from time to time, bloke gets into debt, can't repay his cards, so he borrows more to meet repayments on his borrowings. sooner or later teh rug gets pulled and then it's bye-bye time.

i dont know the ins and outs

but why are people complaining then if they can "opt out" - does not make any sense

I dont think they can!!

The opt out info is on the Man Utd website.

Man Utd Website

Towards the bottom of the page it says this..

The deadline for Season Ticket holders wishing to 'opt out' of purchasing a match ticket was 8pm on Tuesday 18 November and has therefore now passed.

Thats not actually true, Man Utd have a "opt out" scheme, so season ticket holders who dont want to go have to let the club know by a certain date and they wont be charged for the game.

Only for Juniors. See here Fans Challenge Policy

However it does say "The system once included all cup games but it has since been relaxed and no longer includes Carling Cup matches"

£41? That's a disgrace in any game never mind playing Man U reserves. people should boycott and go and picket OT in protest. And throw a few bricks through windows while your at it.

I can afford and dearly would love to go to this game but I'm afraid this is just taking the p%$".

Don't they realise that we are at the beginning of the worst financial situation in nearly 100 years. Things will get a lot tougher soon but I guess the bank interest has to be paid by the Glazers so they don't give a toss about the ordinary fan.

Incidentally I notice the lowest priced tickets for Utd fans are £26.

i doubt that, the FA are cracking down on those sites, United were not on the internet in the last round against QPR.

That's not the reason you plank. Premiership games are streamed because a lot of foreign countries broadcast every Premiership game live, this doesn't happen with the Carling Cup so therefore there is nothing to steam.

Quite simply I can't afford to pay out £100+ for a cup match for two of us to go in the middle of the week. £82 for tickets plus travel and food... It's not that I don't want to but that I simply can't afford that on the run up to Christmas.

with you on this one brutha.

Quite fancied going to this but at £41.00 - NO WAY :angry:

Their attendance V QPR was 62,539 and I doubt the United ends will sell out for the game against us either as we're not the most attractive of opposition to them - it will probably be closer to 70,000 though with about 10 hardcore fans in the away end!

Archived