SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

Prospects for a voluntary resignation by Paul Ince are poor. There is absolutely no sign that Ince will resign. Looking at his history, he is likely to be too proud a character to admit he is not up to the job. Instead of accepting that his motivational skills, training methods and tactics are inadequate, he is blaming the players. Ince is getting his excuses in. According to soccernet, he said leadership and inspiration "can't always come from the staff and the management, it has got to come from them. They are the ones out there.'' His usual refrain about not having money to spend is also well documented. Again, he said yesterday that "we have not spent the most money in this league, probably the second lowest." This man is all about being negative. Hughes is evidence that things can be done on a budget.

Hopefully, he will be booted out. Unceremoniously.

The key to all of this that has led to Paul Ince in letting himself down and Rovers is the poor calibre of players he has brought into the club, sadly we arent financially big enough to allow him these mistakes in the transfer market and give him the extra time needed to get it right.

If hed brought in some quality we wouldnt be having this thread at all but looking to the future with hope and expectation.

Shows us the ambition Rovers !

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it is a sensible idea to sack Ince without having a clear idea who is coming in, and being as certain as possible that they will accept the offer.

The nature of the situation does point in all probability to Fat Sam - he would walk into the job straight away (unless he is unimpressed by beign passed over last time). Curbs is another who is available but I have a feeling that he won't fancy East Lancs and I think Williams won't be that impressed with him. He worked wonders at Charlton, but Rovers are a different kettle of fish entirely.

I would like to think we could attract Avocaat or someone like that, but even this would be a bit ofa gamble. Its a sticky situation we are in, he won't have time to get to know the players etc. He will need to be of toa running start. One thing BFS will have done is very very thorough homework on the team.

If Ince goes I have a feeling BFS is a shoo-in.

Guest Kamy100
I think the deafening wall of silence from Ewood suggests that the time for Ince's exit may not be too long in forthcoming.

No comments or quots from Ince

The sacrificial article from Matthias

Silence from the Senior Management

Very Very little comments or quotes from players

Its a bad bad sad time time at Ewood Park where a clean sweep from a new broom is required urgently.

Ince has responded:

"We just had a great opportunity after winning on Wednesday. I played a full strength side but the majority of them let me down.

"The disappointing thing is we capitulated when it went to 1-1. We did not have any leaders or characters to get us back together.

"They have to realise they are in a dogfight and need to have that survival instinct about them.

"It can't always come from the staff and the management, it has got to come from them. They are the ones out there."

Despite the defeat Ince singled out Christopher Samba and Roque Santa Cruz for praise and stated that others in the team should follow their lead.

"Samba was outstanding and Roque was out of this world. The others have got to stand up and be counted.

"We know where we are now. There is a long way to go and I don't want to go over the top at the moment.

"We are under no illusions. We have not spent the most money in this league, probably the second lowest. We are changing things at the club but it will take time."

Of course it is disappointing and I am not sure that Ince is the right man for the job, but there is no point changing the manager at this point as who would take over? I've seen people say BFS, I don't think that he would take it even offered to him, he was really peeved about not getting the job in the Summer and also felty that Rovers had "dis-respected him".

I think the deafening wall of silence from Ewood suggests that the time for Ince's exit may not be too long in forthcoming.

No comments or quots from Ince

The sacrificial article from Matthias

Silence from the Senior Management

Very Very little comments or quotes from players

Let's hope that Williams gives Ince his cards on Monday morning.

If any journalists are looking in, a smear campaign against Ince wouldn't go amiss...

'We are changing things at the club but it will take time', whats all this about after finishing seventh in the league what on earth is all this claptrap about from our dumb numb East Londoner.

What is being changed ?

Turning a decent outfit into a bad one in quick succession.

Can anyone explain what Ince is on about .

You know what, actually I've changed my mind.

Back him and give him time and as much money as we can. We've seen what happens to clubs who constantly change their manager. They become a joke. If we have to flirt with relegation for a while, then so be it. But the only possible way for the club to progress with few recourses is if we have a long-term, committed manager who shapes the team into his style of play. If we get rid of Ince, we'll be starting off from the beginning.

How many more threads will there have to be before we see the end of this public humiliation of a fellow human being. We already have the match thread, Paul`s progress, a vote and now Paul Ince 13 games in to pour scorn on his job. perhaps next week we could Paul Ince 14 games in?

How many of you are qualified to pass comment on what he does? How many Premiership matches did you take part in? I have no respect for Ofsted inspectors if they have no knowledge of classroom management and deign to tell me what to do. I hope Ince feels the same way.

There is only one person who is able to tell us if there is a problem at Ewood and that is John Williams and I am not saying for one minute that there is a crisis. He has the interests of the club at heart. I trust his judgement but not the hysterical comments I see on here.

Hopefully Williams has sounded out potential replacements.

Ince's comments are disgusting. Get shut.

Which comments?

He made his feelings clear to the players, singled out the ones he felt played well. Lets see the reaction from the players.

PI has said exactly what I would want to hear after a defeat like that.

How many more threads will there have to be before we see the end of this public humiliation of a fellow human being. We already have the match thread, Paul`s progress, a vote and now Paul Ince 13 games in to pour scorn on his job. perhaps next week we could Paul Ince 14 games in?

How many of you are qualified to pass comment on what he does? How many Premiership matches did you take part in? I have no respect for Ofsted inspectors if they have no knowledge of classroom management and deign to tell me what to do. I hope Ince feels the same way.

There is only one person who is able to tell us if there is a problem at Ewood and that is John Williams and I am not saying for one minute that there is a crisis. He has the interests of the club at heart. I trust his judgement but not the hysterical comments I see on here.

Agree with most of what you said (especially the bit about OFSTED Inspectors ;) )

The word niave is springing to mind TG, added into a sentence that also contains the words don't be and so.

I dont think any sledging of Ince is personal its a concern borne out of the perilous position he has taken our football clubinto.

Are the other fans of the other 10 clubs in the league voicing the same concerns?

If City lose to today they would still be on the same points as us-, to my recollection I am yet to hear "Hughes out" chants and they finished in the top 10 last year and having spent £70 million are close to the drop zone.

Oh my Hull have scored!

1-0

In the best interests of Blackburn Rovers, it is very important that Ince's critics are as vociferous as possible.

You back Ince, so you clearly don't have Rovers' best interests at heart. <_<

You obviously do as you have been slagging him off since he got here, you are a superb example of a "fan"

:rolleyes:

Imy

have the other 10 clubs you claim had as much sustained success as Rovers ?

Have those clubs regularly been participants in semi finals of major cup competitions ?

Have those clubs regularly finished top 10 and qualified for European competitions ?

Stock answer is NO they bloody well havent.

In the best interests of Blackburn Rovers, it is very important that Ince's critics are as vociferous as possible.

You back Ince, so you clearly don't have Rovers' best interests at heart. <_<

I'm pro Rovers, therefore I support everything Rovers. Blimey, even the, y'know, manager.

Imy

have the other 10 clubs you claim had as much sustained success as Rovers ?

Have those clubs regularly been participants in semi finals of major cup competitions ?

Have those clubs regularly finished top 10 and qualified for European competitions ?

Stock answer is NO they bloody well havent.

Yeah Spurs haven't won any cups for er, 5 months.

Archived