BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Future

I have been a fan like the vast majority on this forum for a long time and would say that today has left me feeling as empty as I ever have done with events at our club. Once before I felt this way witnessing us crash 2-0 to southampton during our relegation season 98-99. The team played with a great passion for one half then capitulated and history is repeating itself 10 years on.

Walking away from ewood today I felt sick and tired of watching poor performances from our players and abject management decisions from messrs Ince Knox and Matthias, I approved of Pauls appointment and felt he would step up to the plate in a better way.

So far though he has managed to make Ewood a home game for all who sale into town, and we make hardly nobody intimidated in fact all we manage to do is intimidate our own team with such a dull atmosphere.

20 Season tickets later I feel fed up that we are moving backwards, I would say now we give Paul the next 2/3 games and unless we gain a win in that time the inevitable must fall on him.

Where we turn after that gould knows, Id like to see us fans unite better on match days and support the team in the coming hard weeks.

Managers do come and go and yes we have a good record but maybe this time we need to act and decisively to give ourselves the best possible chance of avoiding relegation.

I for one hope we show the old Rovers spirit and breathe a sigh of relief in May.

Come on you Blues!!

A third of the season gone.

13 points on the board.

A run of games where we are only looking at a maximum of 3 points of we are lucky.

No hope, no ideas bad management ?

Its too late for 3/4 games, its over for Ince and he knows it. he just needs the bottle to resign or a little push.

We're all feeling your pain mate dont worry.Years of hard work both on and off the pitch are on the brink of going down the toilet if the board dont act fast.Reading some other clubs MB'S this morning and we are becoming a laughing stock,its so hard to defend,

we ARE better than this but the man at the helm hasn't got a flurkin clue.

Enough of words its time for action...over to you JW.

20 Season tickets later I feel fed up that we are moving backwards, I would say now we give Paul the next 2/3 games and unless we gain a win in that time the inevitable must fall on him.

After yesterday I'd say two thirds of a game is too long for him.

I can't see him digging us out of this hole.

The board need to act and act now or this could become irreversable.

The next manager has to be someone with experience of winning a relegation dog fight.

I have been a fan like the vast majority on this forum for a long time and would say that today has left me feeling as empty as I ever have done with events at our club. Once before I felt this way witnessing us crash 2-0 to southampton during our relegation season 98-99. The team played with a great passion for one half then capitulated and history is repeating itself 10 years on.

Walking away from ewood today I felt sick and tired of watching poor performances from our players and abject management decisions from messrs Ince Knox and Matthias, I approved of Pauls appointment and felt he would step up to the plate in a better way.

So far though he has managed to make Ewood a home game for all who sale into town, and we make hardly nobody intimidated in fact all we manage to do is intimidate our own team with such a dull atmosphere.

Where we turn after that gould knows, Id like to see us fans unite better on match days and support the team in the coming hard weeks.

Managers do come and go and yes we have a good record but maybe this time we need to act and decisively to give ourselves the best possible chance of avoiding relegation.

I for one hope we show the old Rovers spirit and breathe a sigh of relief in May.

Come on you Blues!!

Yesterday I said Rovers should sack Ince - initial reaction after the game and knowing Rovers would be in the relegation zone. Today I have to ask the question, can Rovers moneywise afford to SACK and then have to compensate a manager. At the sametime I know it would cost a lot more if Rovers were relegated.

To sack Ince it would cost Rovers and to appoint somebody else would also cost more money and dwindle further any transfer kitty - which could also be a rescue package if Rovers played the rest of the season like they did in the second half yesterday. In my view the Board are in a delema as to what to do. I also today cannot decide wiether to wait a few more games and see if Ince can turn things around - or sack Ince and hope somebody else can do the job

Anyway who would Rovers go for if they sacked Ince? Curbishley , Kinner, Bfs, or Souness back???????????

Williams should grow a set and sack Ince.

If not, The Trustees should sack Williams.

Williams is a fantastic business manager but knows relatively little about football. We shouldn't even think of sacking him as he's done a great job with the club, but should take more of a back seat role when it comes to appointing the next manager.

Why should he take a back seat when appointing the next manager?? Surely this is the same man who appointed Hughes and Souness before him. I'm not convinced he made the right choice with Ince but time will tell.

Correct Ricky.

What makes TGM think JW knows relatively little about football anyway?

Correct Ricky.

It is understandable why JW went for Ince. When looking for a replacement for Hughes with similar backgrounds (at least superficially) then Ince appears a good choice. Similar experience under Ferguson and moved to a big club abroad (Ince was far more successful than Hughes even) and both have had good reputations. Ince´s short CV as manager was impressive but ultimately it was at lower league level. Ince would have been a very good choice as an assistant manager while taking his coaching badges. Instead he has been over-promoted too quickly. It is all a bit of a shame really but Rovers need to act now as Ince seems out of his depth and we are slowly getting worse and worse.

JW must have ideas of who to bring in after scouting around for the replacement for Hughes in the summer. We need someone with top-flight experience preferably and definitely someone who knows who to go for in the January transfer window.

Williams should grow a set and sack Ince.

If not, The Trustees should sack Williams.

If Rovers sack Ince - who should they try to appoint?

Remember that when you sack a manager you have to compensate them as well.

Then you have to fund a new managers contract and maybe compensation for another club if the new manager is in a job.

Which leaves a dwindling transfer budget.

Who is avalable now, either not in a job or at a club without a long contract. Most Rovers supporters do not want BFS and I fully uinderstand the reasons why. Curbishley is he still capable, then there is Keegan who is out of a job and then Joe Kinnear at Newcastle - who is on a short contract and therefore available.

Then you have to fund a new managers contract and maybe compensation for another club if the new manager is in a job.

Who is avalable now, either not in a job or at a club without a long contract. Most Rovers supporters do not want BFS and I fully uinderstand the reasons why. Curbishley is he still capable, then there is Keegan who is out of a job and then Joe Kinnear at Newcastle - who is on a short contract and therefore available.

All of this is on Williams' watch.

As for a replacement, the club needs an experienced manager who has experience of managing a poorly-run football club. Allardyce would be a sensible choice. Scoff at the suggestion all you like, but needs must. The team is currently relegation fodder and Allardyce is far more likely to stabilise the club.

One thing's for sure: Paul Ince is this decade's Brian Kidd. It's time to flush him down the toilet.

i'd imagine we could follow the example the fa set with ericsson. ie stick him on gardening leave. this way we don't have to dig for the value of his remaining contract immediately. we still have to pay out eventually, so the risk is still there. but the affordability of it is less of an issue.

if we were smart i'd speculate he could be put on gardening leave, if he wanted to take over elsewhere he would have to resign, and no payoff required. i am speculating without much foundation in the intricacies of employment law here though

All of this is on Williams' watch.

As for a replacement, the club needs an experienced manager who has experience of managing a poorly-run football club. Allardyce would be a sensible choice. Scoff at the suggestion all you like, but needs must. The team is currently relegation fodder and Allardyce is far more likely to stabilise the club.

One thing's for sure: Paul Ince is this decade's Brian Kidd. It's time to flush him down the toilet.

How can a football club with hardly any debt be considered a badly run football club? The team may not be performing well for whatever reason, manager or players. But the club as a whole is run well in my view.

How can a football club with hardly any debt be considered a badly run football club? The team may not be performing well for whatever reason, manager or players. But the club as a whole is run well in my view.

Relegation seems very likely if Ince remains in charge. Considering that our wage bill takes up 85% of our turnover, you can safely say that we would be in serious trouble if we go down.

its a different debate that has been done at length before. sure we've done ok, spent a good while in the premiership, but certainly never as bold as jack would probabky have liked

As much as I love what Jack Walker did for Rovers - how can a true Rovers supporter not do. Rovers have had to adapt to being able to spend money in the transfer market to now being extremely prudent and watching every pound.

I also think that outside Blackburn, Rovers made a lot of enemies during the Jack Walker times - because of jealousy from other clubs. To such a degree that people like to see Rovers suffer now. We only have to read in the press the anti Rovers comments, bully boys, players unrest, players leaving etc etc to realise this. Lets be honest Rovers are still the only club outside the top 4, to win the prem. How many other clubs would want that on their history books? In footballing terms that is something to envy.

But a lot of clubs hate how Rovers did it - because of Jack's money at that time. Jack Walker did good for Rovers, but also opened the door to other investors taking on other football clubs. These investors saw what could be done and how much money could be made. The result being every other club is having to catch up - which now includes Rovers. Rovers are now more or less debt free, which in itself should interest an investor - subject to meeting the trustees valuation etc. But finding the right person who is prepared to meet the valuation - especially in today's climate is easier said than done.

Who says most Rovers fans don't want Big Sam, a gang of oinks with bully boy tactics keep shouting the loudest thats all.

a business being debt free is not what makes a business a good investment. most investors look for a return. its very difficult to do in fiscal terms with a football club, certainly directly. obviously if its a fanastic way of laundering your shaky roubles into dollars if you're prepared to lose a bit of change in the meantime.

i still maintain the trust have lacked the business acumen that was possessed by Jack himself. Sparky was smarting for not being given the cash ince has subsequently had- i know who i would rather have had spending the money

Correct Ricky.

This is what I heard from nicko - so this isn't first hand information I will grant you that but the source is a reliable one. JW only got the idea to interview Laudrup after seeing his name mentioned on this very website, and that fan reaction from places including this website was what guided him against BFS. I guess in the second instance it was understandable, but if our chairman was having to resort to this place to get ideas for managers' jobs then it's a worrying sign. Okay you can say it's all speculation and it is really, but that's a source I trust.

Hughes was the obvious best candidate last time in my eyes and while we were in the Championship having a man with Souness' experience and links was a no brainer too. But here he's made a big mistake by appointing Ince when there were far, far more experienced and proven candidates available.

what we need to remember is the turmoil of the club over the summer. hughes left, but as well as hughes all the backroom staff left. bentley and friedel also left.

so that left us with NO management in place, and our best 2 players gone. added to that injuries to some of our best players and paul ince was on a hiding to nothing.

it takes time to re-build the club in these circumstances, and now isn't the time to sack the pilot. it was a bad defeat yesterday, but with some fortune it could have gone our way and we would be all smiles.

yes, these are worrying times, but we need cool heads. not rash sackings

it takes time to re-build the club in these circumstances, and now isn't the time to sack the pilot. it was a bad defeat yesterday, but with some fortune it could have gone our way and we would be all smiles.

yes, these are worrying times, but we need cool heads. not rash sackings

The way I feel after Saturday is to throw the bloody pilot out of the plane at 32,000 feet without a parachute!

We need a new manager to keep us up ..It will not be cheap but going down will be a financial disaster ...

Pay George Graham a kings ransom !!!! We wont go down with him at the helm .

That might be true... But, we won't score goals either... :P

Archived