BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring Back Paper Season Tickets!

ABBEY

Anyone else have their season tickets kept yesterday? turnstyles not working and then arrogent steward says he was keeping my two and point blankly refused to give me a reciept.

[/quote

my season ticket has worked fine all season. you would still be on record at the ticket office so i wouldnt worry about not getting a reciept.

i got there and the turnstyle wasnt working and i was told to queue at the ticket office (there was a huge queue) and then i was told it was being overriden and the stewards said it wasnt.they did override and he kept mine but the other stewards wernt keeping any.

i got there and the turnstyle wasnt working and i was told to queue at the ticket office (there was a huge queue) and then i was told it was being overriden and the stewards said it wasnt.they did override and he kept mine but the other stewards wernt keeping any.

have you moved seat this season. seems its them that moved thats been effected or got new ones.

nope same seat since the new ewood was built.

mmm dont know then. i was a bit worried that mine wasnt going to work at the start as this season is the first time we have kept the same card but worked no problem since the first day. i must admit i do prefer the card as paper season tickets were a pain in the a**e.

Happened to several people sitting round by me Abs, fault on the system. Some stewards were keeping cards - some were not.

Perhaps the FF can raise this under AOB next week?

We have the agenda setting meeting tomorrow night (17th) - I'll raise it there. The actual Forum isn't until 1st December - there's a home reserve game on 24th, the original date. It will still be before the next home game though.

Yes i too had problems getting in... (BBE lower tier)

The steward took my season ticket off me so i asked for it back which eventually happened! I then followed the stewards instructions & went to the ticket office.

The person behind the counter took my season ticket off me & printed out a ticket & explained my season ticket would be tested & returned via post.

Yes i too had problems getting in... (BBE lower tier)

The steward took my season ticket off me so i asked for it back which eventually happened! I then followed the stewards instructions & went to the ticket office.

The person behind the counter took my season ticket off me & printed out a ticket & explained my season ticket would be tested & returned via post.

This thing of taking your season ticket off you and giving you a printed one is odd if you ask me. I have purchased ticket for my wife at the same time as changing my seat so I can sit next to her on a number of occasions, usually over the telephone. The only time I did it in person, they insisted I hand my season ticket over and they would send it out to me. Can the system not cope with season tickets changing seats for one game? It's a bit poor if it can't. How much did the club pay for it?

With these automated season ticket thingies, does it mean adults can get on with a concessions ST?

Only asking, as we don't have new fangled turnstiles like most grounds in the country ;)

We just get retards pushing a button to let you through. :lol:

With these automated season ticket thingies, does it mean adults can get on with a concessions ST?

Only asking, as we don't have new fangled turnstiles like most grounds in the country ;)

We just get retards pushing a button to let you through. :lol:

No because they have magical lights that flash green for adults and red and green for concessions...

No because they have magical lights that flash green for adults and red and green for concessions...

So there is a steward there watching everyone who passes through?

Seems like a waste of money.

Magical lights you say? Tell me more....

So there is a steward there watching everyone who passes through?

Seems like a waste of money.

Magical lights you say? Tell me more....

I was being a bit sarcastic with the lights... They look like something someone took off a paramedics bike!

There are a couple of stewards who watch all the turnstiles but it is a hell of a lot quicker getting into the ground than with tickets.

I guess one case for keeping paper season tickets is they make good mementos. Keep them for decades and it'll be something to show your grandchildren one day. Bit more memorable than a plastic card.

You could always just pay £10 extra every year for a new card, to keep your old one as a momento

Archived