BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tore Reginiussen

Rainmaker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps we are looking at Reginiussen because of Ooijer and Zurab. Andre's contract runs out at the end of the season and Zurab is reportedly the interest of several premier league clubs.

Ince said in the LT last week that Zurab is going nowhere.

I don't care anymore which squad players we sell, as long as we spend the money on players who can go straight into a starting eleven and really push us up the table. Reginiussen probably doesn't fit that category just yet, but he's really impressed me in a half-decent Norwegian side - and he's taken huge steps towards a regular International role. It's his last year at Tromsø, who's in need of money - and has stated that they will not stand in the player's way. They've lost their coach, and will most likely be in the bottom end of the league table next season.

I'm hopeful Rovers will welcome him as a possible future signing, and not just as A.Trialist - I can understand players who are regular starters in their club and national side not being too keen on going through trials.

Oh dear, another disaster signing from the Paul Ince! Reginiussen is a rather slow defender and prone to mistakes, and not near PL standard if you ask me. This stinks desperation like nothing else, surely this is MGPs work as Ince doesnt know any player apart from league 2, old mates and whatever he sees on youtube.com.

Blackburn has followed Reginiussen for at least a year, and watched him in several matches, e.g. when we played Brann Bergen away 26 October (1-1). In this match he returned from a month with an injury (broken jaw), but played well in spite of this. In our home match agains Brann in May (0-0) Tore was obviously the player of the match, and in my opinion he has been the best central defender in Norway this season. He will start for Norway against Ukraine tomorrow together with Brede Hangeland (Fulham).

Tromso has just finished third in our Premier League (Brann Bergen finished eight :lol: ), and our defense conceded only 23 goals in 26 matches, best in the league. We conceded eight of these goals while Tore was injured for four matches in September/October. We have known for a year that he would leave our club after this season, and our supporters wishes him all the best. French PL-clubs have followed him closely for a couple of years, but the last year the rumours has been that he would probably end up in England.

Is he good enough to be a regular player for Rovers? He came to Tromso when he was 19 from a Championship club, and was an immediate success. He was actually elected our best player by the supporters the first season he played for us. He is very fast and a good ballwinner. In our club he plays central defender together with Miika Koppinen (came as a Bosman player from Rosenborg before this season), who has the more defensive role. I do not follow Rovers as close as I did a couple of years ago, but we are in the relegation zone, so I guess our defensive play needs improvement. Tore would have to fight to become a regular Rovers player, but I really believe he would make it, and quite soon to.

Just a thought but is a new centre-back a priority? Few clubs have got 4 as good as our's its just a matter of playing them on form and in their rightful positions. Sure our defence has conceded alot of goals but one of the reasons for that is the lack of structure and class further forward. Nobody seems to be able to hold the ball up and it comes straight back.

I'd rather see our limited resources spent where they are most needed.

Just a thought but is a new centre-back a priority? Few clubs have got 4 as good as our's its just a matter of playing them on form and in their rightful positions. Sure our defence has conceded alot of goals but one of the reasons for that is the lack of structure and class further forward. Nobody seems to be able to hold the ball up and it comes straight back.

I'd rather see our limited resources spent where they are most needed.

Why don't you spin that around, and say - this lad's 22 - he's an international, maybe one for the future.

Two of our CBs are 30+ and one's 29, and Samba is still learning - but he'll need a younger partner before very long.

I'd say well done to the new regime for getting a scouting structure for promising youngsters in place so quickly after the last structure left en-masse. Would you rather they just jacked all that side of managing the club off?

Everything has to be a criticism on this MB - why not see this bit of news as a plus rather than a minus??

Why don't you spin that around, and say - this lad's 22 - he's an international, maybe one for the future.

Two of our CBs are 30+ and one's 29, and Samba is still learning - but he'll need a younger partner before very long.

I'd say well done to the new regime for getting a scouting structure for promising youngsters in place so quickly after the last structure left en-masse. Would you rather they just jacked all that side of managing the club off?

Everything has to be a criticism on this MB - why not see this bit of news as a plus rather than a minus??

Sounds good seems a positive move - at last!

Fingers crossed the lad makes it.

A full Prem League squad has five centre backs.

We have been down to four since Henchoz was released and of those four, we have been regularly turning out with three of them on the field with our fullbacks being played as midfielders all the time.

This together with the lad from Red Bull sounds like a very interesting and promising acquisition.

Limited resources,in a relegation spot and we apparently need a 35 year old goalie,an MK Dons striker and another centre-back! You wouldn't find many Rovers fans who agreed with that analysis. How about 2 wingers(at least) and a creative mid-fielder? Is the money there to indulge the manager?

So the lad is an international--so what? We have loads of them, but we are still 3rd from bottom.

Would I rather the club jacked in the scouting system? A rhetorical question I assume,only an idiot would ask it seriously.

Negative?---like giving Ince 2 games to get his act together before he's sacked?

A full Prem League squad has five centre backs.

We have been down to four since Henchoz was released and of those four, we have been regularly turning out with three of them on the field with our fullbacks being played as midfielders all the time.

This together with the lad from Red Bull sounds like a very interesting and promising acquisition.

Your post is a criticism of the manager playing people out of position.We shouldn't turn out with 3 of them(particularly with Oojier at left-back!) and Warnock and Emerton(when fit) are our best 2 backs. Buy as many centre-backs as he likes so long as he addresses the priority areas.

Your post is a criticism of the manager playing people out of position.We shouldn't turn out with 3 of them(particularly with Oojier at left-back!) and Warnock and Emerton(when fit) are our best 2 backs. Buy as many centre-backs as he likes so long as he addresses the priority areas.

Not really.

The point I am making poorly is that central defenders can fill in as full-backs and do an ok ish job but nobody in other positions can fill in as a central defender (occasionally a centre forward as gifted as Chris Sutton can make the transition).

Therefore Prem clubs invariably have five CDs in their first team squad and Rovers at the moment are one short.

So assuming this lad is very promising and none of the Rovers' reserve/academy CDs are nowhere near first team ready, getting the 5th CD into the squad actually is an urgent signing to make which I would see as priority.

It is the lack of movement getting at least one high quality winger that is scaring me on the in-bound transfer front.

If the Board are daft enough to sanction signing Gueret and the Mac CF, more fool them, but the outlays are hardly going to be enormous in the big picture. Getting at least one game changing/ game winning winger to replace Bentley is the recruitment which is critical to Rovers' survival in the Premier League in my opinion.

Limited resources,in a relegation spot and we apparently need a 35 year old goalie,an MK Dons striker and another centre-back! You wouldn't find many Rovers fans who agreed with that analysis

This is a thread about a young defender who might be a good idea for the future.

I certainly haven't mentioned either a 35 yr old keeper or an MK Dons striker.

But for the record, I can't imagine the first being true, with Bunn looking promising, Bussman on board and Fielding to come back from loan at Northampton if he's good enough - even if Jason Brown moves on there's plenty of options.

MK Dons striker? News to me. Nicko thinks a Macc Town striker has trained "on and off" - doesn't mean anything.

This is a thread about a young defender who might be a good idea for the future.

I certainly haven't mentioned either a 35 yr old keeper or an MK Dons striker.

But for the record, I can't imagine the first being true, with Bunn looking promising, Bussman on board and Fielding to come back from loan at Northampton if he's good enough - even if Jason Brown moves on there's plenty of options.

MK Dons striker? News to me. Nicko thinks a Macc Town striker has trained "on and off" - doesn't mean anything.

You've done what I notice you usually do which is to focus on 1 small part of my post ( the bit you feel most comfortable in responding to) and ignore the main message completely.I'm saying Ince should focus on main areas of need because he can't afford to squander resources over a wide area and leave the key areas untouched. For the record I couldn't imagine him signing Fowler or Andrews but Nicko was right. I should have said Macc Town for the striker and fear us becoming an even bigger laughing stock than we are already.

Back to the point,right now,in comparison to the rest of the squad we are pretty well off for centre-backs. What we haven't got is a creative mid=fielder or any top class wingers.

Our future is something I don't think Ince is going to be part of much longer and neither did you last weekend.

The Sun are running this story today along the lines of him being a potential replacement for Warnock who is unable to be likely to resist "the lure" of Newcastle for a second time in January.

:rolleyes::angry:

Seing as this guy doesn't even play the same position as Warnock that must make perfect sense in The Sun's world... :rolleyes:

Archived