BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

a massive longshot but just wondering if any of our american friends know of any 24 hour sports bars or bars that open early in the morning in New York that may show this game? Or the tv channel this game may be shown on in the usa?

cheers

Actaully, it is on live at Nevada Smiths - click.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The request was for somewhere before the game....

I agree we can win and in fact on recent past performance we should be going into this game as favourites.

I should learn to read posts fully.................

Glad you are optimistic - we may be a minority though

Bought my ticket for this one today - £37 bloody quid and a 1.30 kick off. WELL THANKS!!

just over 500 tickets sold so far - not surprising really....

This a massive game for Rovers and I am nervous already.

Does anyone know of a decent away pub close to the ground?

One Love - BRFC

Surprised to read on official site we have sold 1300 :o

I would play 5 at the back:

Robinson

Ooijer Zurab Samba Nelsen Olson

Four in midfield:

Pedersen Andrews Tugay Treacy

Upfront:

Debyshire

Yes i have dropped RSC, but i would play on the break with Matty. He runs the line well and RSC seems to score quite a few from the bench.

I would use olson as a wing back so when he pushes up with treacy, Nelsen moves over to the left and covers that position. We need to get back to basics and if you dont concede you dont lose.

Slate away!

unfortunately cant see Ince going 2 upfront he cant do that at home the no idea idioit

Um, we played 442 all game against Sunderland home and away....

I think the temptation to play 451 against Spurs will be large - and to be frank after seeing how poor Derbyshire and Roberts have been recently you have to sympathise. That said the lack of pace up makes this formation none too threatening.

What sort of team to put out? Oh dear.....

----------------Cruz

----------------Carlos

Pedersen----Andrews----Emerton

----------------Tugay

Olsson---Samba---Nelsen--Simpson

---------------Robinson

I think it pretty much picks itself aprt from question marks against Tugay, where the could be an argument for Mokoena, and Nelsen where you could go for Zurab instead. I think Roberts and Derbyshire will both be dropped unless we have a problem with injuries. olsson will be preferred to ooijer because Spurs go for pace rather than power down the right.

I don't like how good bent is looking recently and I think him and Pavlychenko are putting together a partnership. I think we could suffer from that. We need Cruz to find his form, pedersen to continue his extraordinary improvement, and Emerton's return is a big boost. I await the game with trepidation.

Does anyone know of a decent away pub close to the ground?

The Park (which is located right next to Northumberland Park station) is a much better pub for away fans than the Giplins Bell, infact the latter wouldnt let away fans in the past couple of seasons.

Um, we played 442 all game against Sunderland home and away....

I think the temptation to play 451 against Spurs will be large - and to be frank after seeing how poor Derbyshire and Roberts have been recently you have to sympathise. That said the lack of pace up makes this formation none too threatening.

What sort of team to put out? Oh dear.....

----------------Cruz

----------------Carlos

Pedersen----Andrews----Emerton

----------------Tugay

Olsson---Samba---Nelsen--Simpson

---------------Robinson

I think it pretty much picks itself aprt from question marks against Tugay, where the could be an argument for Mokoena, and Nelsen where you could go for Zurab instead. I think Roberts and Derbyshire will both be dropped unless we have a problem with injuries. olsson will be preferred to ooijer because Spurs go for pace rather than power down the right.

I don't like how good bent is looking recently and I think him and Pavlychenko are putting together a partnership. I think we could suffer from that. We need Cruz to find his form, pedersen to continue his extraordinary improvement, and Emerton's return is a big boost. I await the game with trepidation.

Is Emerton still not injured?????????

The Park (which is located right next to Northumberland Park station) is a much better pub for away fans than the Giplins Bell, infact the latter wouldnt let away fans in the past couple of seasons.

Nice one Mark - The Park it is. How close t't ground is it?

Nice Phillip.

Like DB said its the performance that really counts and for me its more important than the points (although some even one would be great).

I have to say I'm concerned about who will play and where they will play? Personally this is what I would go with:

-------------------Robinson-----------------------

--Ooijer------Nelsen-----Samba------Olsson---

--------------------Mokoena----------------------

--Judge/Emo--Tugay-----Villa--------Pedersen

----------------------RSC------------------------

For me Robbo's a no-brainer. Simpson V Bentley puts the willies up me, I want to Ooijers brain up against Bentley. He should know his game well. Sorry Zura Normally you'd play but we need a leader and Nelsen wins hands down. Samba's pace will be needed for Bent (although after watching last night I'm not too concerned about him) and his aerial threat at set-piece's.

I also worry that if we concede early it will be curtains, heads will drop and the "here we go again" attitude may sweep over some. So In comes the Axe, people may say he was brought up by crabs but they also taught him how to bite.

Emerton wide right if fit, although if he's almost fit he shouldn't play no more taking chances with players fitness. TBH who do you play I would even toy with playing 3 in the middle and Carlos in the hole. Bale will be playing so in comes Judge, my thinking behind this is 1. he played alright there pre-season 2. Spurs will expect Andrews to play there if Emerton's not fit, I wonder how much they know about Judges game? Bale likes to get forward so a bit of pace could exploit the space behind when its open. However I suspect Derbyshire will get the nod, sorry Derb's you don't get mine its obvious you will never be a winger. Tugay in the middle, he's the one CM we have fit or up for selection that can spot and play a pass. Moko playing at DM means Tugay will be further forward where perhaps we can turn some of our possession into opportunities. Villa with Tugay and Moko there he will have a bit more freedom to play, spurs will ( I think) line up 442 hopefully he can exploit the space between defence and midfield.

Up-front, who else?

If we're down take off Moko bring on Benni (is he back?) and have a go.

Player back where players play, no more risks with fitness and some commitment, I'm not asking for much am I lads.

A point lads will be enough, although I won't say no to a win, but lose like sunderland again at your own peril. As long as we play well I'll be happier. Oh and Moko make sure you say hello to your old pal David and if anyone else wants to say hello as well feel free. I say that because I have a bad feeling if he plays. If he was the one as most suspect that the reported barney was about I'm sure it will prove good motivation for him.

Performance lads remember that word performance!

I would play 5 at the back:

Robinson

Ooijer Zurab Samba Nelsen Olson

Four in midfield:

Pedersen Andrews Tugay Treacy

Upfront:

Debyshire

Yes i have dropped RSC, but i would play on the break with Matty. He runs the line well and RSC seems to score quite a few from the bench.

I would use olson as a wing back so when he pushes up with treacy, Nelsen moves over to the left and covers that position. We need to get back to basics and if you dont concede you dont lose.

Slate away!

Beginning to wonder if Treacy's reverted to 'old Keith' and gone off rails again, and that his good form pre- and early season was a blip. Also beginning to think Judge won't be getting his chance anytime soon.

Then again, it all comes down to what Ince's tea leaves say I think - his only consistency is his inconsistency in his team formations, tactics etc.

Huge game for Paul Robinson and I cannot help but feel whatever the result, the headlines will be about him.

I would expect him to continue his good run of form if they attack with direct shots on goal.

But they have Bentley and Lennon down the flanks and Bentley at least will get crosses over whilst Lennon is likely to skin anyone put out there to handle him except Emerton- if he's fit.

This is a game to go as strong as possible at full back to try to limit them exploiting Robbo's indecision on crosses.

It is also an ideal game where the opposition midfield is relatively lightweight for Vogel to play but I doubt that will happen.

Archived