BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tijan Jaiteh

According to newspaper Bergens Tidende, news today is that Rovers have made an official approach to SK Brann for the midfielder Tijan Jaiteh to join on TRIAL. The former captain of various Gambian national youth teams and now current Gambian international signed for Brann in 2007.

He is a young, talented and promising football player but still has lots to learn. The potential is definitely there though. He did not get enough play time this season, being stuck in line behind older and more experienced players (half injured mind...) such as Eirik Bakke (former Leeds, Aston Villa). He should have played more though as the club struggled to finish 8th as defending champs. Clearly not good enough...but I digress...

Other Premier League clubs are said to be interested, Sunderland have been named. Only Rovers have made an approach though. SK Brann will make a decision in the coming days.

Bit early but any potential signing could be complicated by work permit problems. Gambia is not in the top 70 nations of the world as of today.

Cant say a agreee with that Shevchenko! Jaiteh has the first touch of a brick wall, if ever the term "his second touch is a tackle" is appropriate its when describing this player. He have nothing to add to a premier league team fighting for survival, simple as that!

First we get in Norway's answer to Christian Dailly, only slower. Now, The Axe: Second Coming.

Don't want to jump the gun and base my opinion of these players solely on what I read on the internet, so I will try to reserve judgement.

But for pity's sakes, can we please show interest in a player I have heard of, who would be a fairly big signing? We need to get people going, everything is doom and gloom right now.

Think I will go off and cry now.

First we get in Norway's answer to Christian Dailly, only slower. Now, The Axe: Second Coming.

Don't want to jump the gun and base my opinion of these players solely on what I read on the internet, so I will try to reserve judgement.

But for pity's sakes, can we please show interest in a player I have heard of, who would be a fairly big signing? We need to get people going, everything is doom and gloom right now.

Think I will go off and cry now.

.....someone like ....Christopher Samba?

I don't think Gael Clichy or Cesc Fabregas were household names when they signed for Arsenal - nor do I think that they got the Arsenal fans jumping on their beds when they arrived at the club. It makes sense for Ince to look for bargains (albeit, probably not in the league of Arsene Wenger). The fact that Wigan picked up Pascal Chimbonda, Newcastle: Charles N'Zogbia (sp?!), Wigan: Amr Zaki, Wilson Palacios and so on, does suggest that bargains are out there.

However, I get what you mean. We do need out and out quality to improve the team, not scraps.

Er, no ... some like ... David Bentley? Or Craig Bellamy, or Benni MacCarthy ... ?

someone whose day job isn't sheep-shearing or whale-hunting or goat-hearding.

You mean someone who's name have been in The Sun? I take offense to the stereotyping. It seems that the average fan on this board is unaware what happens in the rest of Europe. The Norwegian league is on par with the Scottish and have had some decent results in Europe. It's also a launching pad for young African players as the work permit is less strict there. Mikel at Chelsea started his career in Europe in Norway, so it make sense that Rovers checks out this league as a few diamonds might be found. Remember it's also just a trial for Jaiteh.

Reginiussen has played very well this year and was runner up on the newspaper's rating of player of the year award. He's 22 and establishing himself in the national team. It's that kind of player Rovers should chase rather than a 4 mill Andy O'Brien og a 5 mill Liam Ridgewell.

Archived