BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos January Transfer Topic Pt.1

Just to clear up any confusion...

The Macc kid is called Blackman and has been training at Rovers on and off for a couple of months. I don't know if they have decided whether he is good enough or not. He was with Man U as a youngster so he can't be a dud.

MK Dons keeper Willy Gueret is telling people he is joining in January. Almost identical to the info about Andrews from last summer.

Yossi Benayoun is a fine player but he is paid around around £70,000-a-week. I suspect that is a non-runner.

Jermaine Pennant thinks he is a free in the summer, Liverpool believe they have a one-year option on top. I don't see him being in a rush to move in January.

As for the many trialists coming in shortly, worth a look as long as they are studied closely.

I saw Castillo playing for Everton reserves last night and it is no wonder Rovers said no to him in a hurry. As one manager said to me last night 'maybe they have sent his brother.'

Rovers have the following players coming on trial:

Hosny Abd-Rabbo............Top rated Egyptian mdfeilder......Voted best in African Nations................

Ahmed El-Muhammadi...........Right back/Winger........

Tore Reginiussen.........Defender...........Tromso..........

Tijan Jaiteh.............Midfeilder.............Gambian Star and already plays for national team..........

Jonas Portin........right back..........Finland......... who plays for Jaro..............

Tresor Mputu?....................Failed to agree personal terms with Qatar champions and maybe return to England for Rovers trial..........

The Egyptian lad mentioned by unleaded is said to be a good right winger, but he has also played right back which is a worry as 'versatile' usually means ' just OK.'

The Austrian striker Janko seems to be a legit target. At 6ft5in it would be something different.

And the Gambian midfielder is well-recommened by some - although he will struggle for a work permit.

I don't think I could give you a list of likely signings because I don't think they know who they want themselves...but after seeing the trialists it should be clearer.

December is fast approaching, and trialist are acoming...

The return of Nicko has been seen in the stars...

Roll with it... :lol:

Interesting title for a new topic. But there is one problem that I can see at the moment and that is

WHERE'S NICKO????????????

December is fast approaching, and trialist are acoming...

The return of Nicko has been seen in the stars...

Roll with it... :lol:

Let me save nicko the trouble:

RSC to Citeh/Villa

Warnock to Villa/Newcastle/Citeh

Nelsen to Portsmouth/Spurs

Samba to Citeh

Olsson to Citeh

Simpson back to United

MGP to Spurs

Carlos back home

Benni to Sunderland

The last one out to turn out the lights and............

The entire playing staffs of MK Dons and Macclesfield in.

That should safely cover most of the rumours for the next ten weeks or so. :rolleyes:

RSC to Citeh/Villa

Samba to Citeh

Olsson to Citeh

Simpson back to United

MGP to Spurs

Carlos back home

Benni to Sunderland

That should safely cover most of the rumours for the next ten weeks or so. :rolleyes:

But you've listed 3 possible clubs for warnock so he's going nowhere. and come to think of it the way we played second half on saturday the entire playing staff of MK dons and Macclesfield might not be a bad idea!

MK Dons keeper Willy Gueret is telling people he is joining in January.

Having signed Robinson and Bunn, and with Brown on the books, why would we look at bringing in a 35 year old average keeper?

Can people please remember to keep this thread on topic, posts to the point and not have pages of rambling!

RSC to Citeh/Villa

Samba to Citeh

Olsson to Citeh

Simpson back to United

MGP to Spurs

Carlos back home

Benni to Sunderland

Do you actually believe, anything you have posted Rev?

Having signed Robinson and Bunn, and with Brown on the books, why would we look at bringing in a 35 year old average keeper?

Can people please remember to keep this thread on topic, posts to the point and not have pages of rambling!

:P:P I heard from a VERY reliable source that Matt Jansen is training with Rovers again :P:P

RSC to Citeh/Villa

Samba to Citeh

Olsson to Citeh

Simpson back to United

MGP to Spurs

Carlos back home

Benni to Sunderland

Is it worrying that I wouldn't be gutted if anybody from olsson down actually did leave? (In the event that we brought in adequate replacements?).

Not to mention ...

- Frank Fielding who signed a new contract in the summer before going on loan to Northampton,

- Gunnar Nielsen on loan at Motherwell

- Bjorn Bussmann signed in the summer as one for the future - but given a squad number.

I can see Jason Brown leaving ... but can't see why we'd need to bring anyone in as a result. A non-runner for me.

These Willy Gueret rumors are baffling.

The fact we have Robinson, Brown, Bunn and a few youth keepers out on loan gaining experience makes me think it's got to be rubbish rag talk.

For those who haven't seen him play, I would go as far to say he is worse than Gomes and isn't fit to clean Alan Fettis boots he's that bad. After several mistakes for Swansea and these were shockers, he was a dead man walking and was chased out of the city!

At the age of 35 and the depth we have in the goalkeeping department already, if he did sign he's going to be another of Inces "jobs for the boys deal."

as long as the board gives money to a new manager then go for transfers - DON'T GIVE MONEY TO THIS CLOWN INCE TO WASTE

Oh great, one of the resident pillocks is going to turn yet ANOTHER thread into a playground to slag off the manager. Aren't there enough threads to do that already? :angry2:

I think he's okay. Who would you sign instead (realistically) ?

thing is he's young. How many 21 year olds are really good defenders? Defending isn't something instinctive like striking. You can learn and improve in his position. there are not a huge number of players sitting around waiting to come to Rovers and those who'd like to are often coming for the cash, coming to use us as a stepping stone or not very good. At least Simpson lives locally and has not had to adjust to the area or the prem and, whilst he's not top drawer, I can think of other things that need sorting before his position does. I agree it's probably not going to become a permanent deal but then when I heard he'd been signed I'd never heard of him and envisaged his being a squad player.

Oh great, one of the resident pillocks is going to turn yet ANOTHER thread into a playground to slag off the manager. Aren't there enough threads to do that already? :angry2:

If you dislike it so much Tris don't reply - all that is likely now is that he will reply, then someone else will, and the thread will turn in to exactly what you so despise.

Instead of creating another topic of harsh debate with know relevence to the topic. Wouldn't it be allot easier for people just to ask Nicko the questions they want answers to in relation to the club, that maybe other people couldnt answer and then wait for a reply...?

Archived