BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Political Polls

This is from Monday:

Conservatives 41 (down 2, from YouGov's Sunday Times survey in October)

Labour 36 (up 3)

Lib Dems 14 (no change)

But ComRes found support swinging the other way. Their key figures were:

Conservatives 43 (up 3, from ComRes's IoS survey in October)

Labour 32 (up 1)

Lib Dems 12 (down 4)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/20...17/polls-labour

So I wouldn't read too much into it.

I really hope Labour lose the next election. We can't spend our way out of recession (we could if we had money, but we don't).

If Brown continues in his current vein (look at his smug grin, enjoying our misery because for some reason, people think the man who lead us into this is the man to lead us out) the pound will continue to drop in value.

I hope this does not happen. But very rarely do long periods in office end well. Power corrupts

Hi guys

This topics about Who has the public support when the survey is taken.

Latest Poll shows that Labour have taken 3 point lead over the Torys.

Lab- 40%

Con- 37%

Lib dem- 12%

18th November

why is the graph out of sync with the results?

The Lib Dems have pretty good ideas, but are crap at putting themselves forward and doing more to promote themselves. They seem to attract charisma-free MPs who are too polite to get stuck in a verbal fight with the other parties. They are a bit wishy-washy, and don't have street fighters. That's why I'm not going to vote for them next election. No idea who I will vote for.

The only MP to puncture Brown was Vince Cable. He destroyed him with that Stalin to Mr Bean quip and it is only the economic collapse and Brown's (so far) good leadership in it that has rescued the situation for Brown and Labour in the polls.

It is astonishing and worrying that the Tories are imploding at the moment. Cameron is looking irrelevant and ineffectual and their economic prescription is now for all practical purposes- let's try what George W Bush did. And that's before the far right of the party gets going full tilt. The party isn't going to be helped by the Euro Elections when their pompose colonel blimp Euro MEPs start getting TV air.

The problem for the Lib Dems is that Clegg is perceived as a Cameron me-too when huge gravitas is needed. Ming Campbell actually would have been looking a serious heavyweight now had they stayed with him and Chris Huhn and Vince Cable together would have been looking a formidable combination in the current crisis.

Clegg might have it in him too turn his own positioning- he is bright enough and he is being sensible in keeping a low profile and letting Cable do all the talking.

My gut feel is we are headed towards a spring crisis general election and a hung parliament. The Lib Dems have a huge amount of work to do as dropping to 12/14% in the polls could mean the third party ends up being the SNP or the Paisleyites and that would be a real mess for the governance of the UK.

The Lib Dems vote is far from a useless vote and at the next election I will be voting for them. and so should you (whoever said that

Their idea of "making the rich pay for low and middle income familys tax cuts" are great. The problem with them as many said is that they have a leader (Clegg) that sounds like Cameron and they don't have many George Galloway type people who speak their own mind.

Phillipl said they should have stayed with Ming Campbell BUT he is the one responsable for putting the Lib Dems on 13 % in the Polls.

As for Brown ...Watch this space

The Lib Dems vote is far from a useless vote and at the next election I will be voting for them. and so should you (whoever said that

Their idea of "making the rich pay for low and middle income familys tax cuts" are great. The problem with them as many said is that they have a leader (Clegg) that sounds like Cameron and they don't have many George Galloway type people who speak their own mind.

Phillipl said they should have stayed with Ming Campbell BUT he is the one responsable for putting the Lib Dems on 13 % in the Polls.

As for Brown ...Watch this space

Your going to vote Lib Dem?

I would ask tony gale's mic if that is ok 1st

:D

Your going to vote Lib Dem?

I would ask tony gale's mic if that is ok 1st

Dunno, since they don't use peoples' race as a predeterminant for membership I'd say they're an acceptable political party. Just like Labour/Conservative/Greens/UKIP/Monster Raving Loonies etc etc.

Are you this slow to catch on to ideas in everything else or is it just limited to politics?

Dunno, since they don't use peoples' race as a predeterminant for membership I'd say they're an acceptable political party. Just like Labour/Conservative/Greens/UKIP/Monster Raving Loonies etc etc.

Are you this slow to catch on to ideas in everything else or is it just limited to politics?

your the man, you should know, maybe I will just follow your lead

"Their idea of "making the rich pay for low and middle income familys tax cuts" are great. The problem with them as many said is that they have a leader (Clegg) that sounds like Cameron and they don't have many George Galloway type people who speak their own mind."

The reason that the others don't use this policy is quite simple. The people with the money are the ones that make the economy work. Make them pay more and they find ways around it or leave.

So another £100 billion of debt is going to be created by these short term tax cuts and the chancellor has finally admitted that taxes will have to go up to pay all this debt off.

What a mess we have got in.

If Brown and his cronies had managed the economy properly without excessive spending or waste then we would be a situation where we could have put money aside for a rainy day when the economy was booming. It would have given us more leeway to kick-start the economy without further excessive borrowing.

The smug grin on the man after all he has done is a disgrace.

So by your logic you think it is oaky to publsih the details of hizbut tahrir members? or the various militant Islamic or far-left groups in the uk. At the end of the day more far-left/anarchists have been arrested in the last ten-years that the far-right- Would you agree that it is okay to publish the details of their members?

So by your logic you think it is oaky to publsih the details of hizbut tahrir members? or the various militant Islamic or far-left groups in the uk. At the end of the day more far-left/anarchists have been arrested in the last ten-years that the far-right- Would you agree that it is okay to publish the details of their members?

I didn't say it was acceptable. When I posted the thread that's now disappeared I said it's not right.

Having said that I also added that it wouldn't sadden me to see some of the thugs who attacked people listed on Redwatch have the same happen to them.

Not sure exactly where you got that figure about more far left anarchists being arrested, not that I'm saying it's untrue but it would be interesting if you could provide a source. But anyway those at either ends of the spectrum, be it far left or far right who get involved in violence are just as bad as each other.

Oh and not sure what that had to do with my post about the BNP not being an acceptable political party...

I believe the members of Islamist groups that preach terrorism and hatred should be brought out into the open, and then deported if they are foreign nationals. Unlike the BNP, they often preach violence and murder, as do some anarchist groups. However, just one note about left wing groups worth noting is that far right groups have had more tolerance from the establishment, secret services etc. than the left. Examples can be seen in the many far right groups and members who were within the Conservative party in the inter-war period, whilst the Labour government had to deal with the fabricated 'Zynoviev letter' around the same period. Militant unions had much more scrutiny from the authorities than other groups, and thus more arrests for bad behaviour.

I don't know about all this BNP list business. On the one hand, I hate what the BNP stand for. People can be against mass immigration and worry about the economic and social effects. What I disagree with is when this is taken to the extremes that paint all minorities as a homogenous group that should be treated with suspicion and hatred. A Muslim can be a bomber, but they can also be a quiet estate agent who cheers on the English cricket team. The BNP has taken advantage of the white working class who feel like an ignored minority themselves, and blame the minorities and the 'PC Brigade' for the problems felt by the white working class. They spread a message of hatred of the other, a nasty, divisive message.

However, on the other hand, no person should have the risk of bricks being put through their window and face vigilante violence just because they support the BNP. The policemen who are on the list should be sacked, as we cannot have racism within the law enforcement bodies. Binmen, cleaners or factory workers should be allowed to have some privacy.

The BNP should be brought into the fold of mainstream politics, and then their arguements on race can be dealt with openly and ruthlessly. Then they will be shown up as horrible racist prats

The BNP should be brought into the fold of mainstream politics, and then their arguements on race can be dealt with openly and ruthlessly. Then they will be shown up as horrible racist prats

But that will never be allowed to happen.

I have been saying for ages that the way to beat the BNP nationally & locally is to give them the same rights as the rest of the political parties. By doing this it will show people how truly one-dimensional and un-educated the individuals running the party truly are.

By silencing the BNP & often favouring ethnic groups- the political establishment are playing straight into the BNP’s hands by manufacturing a feeling of injustice.

I work for a local government that has a problem with the BNP and a problem with the growth of radical Islamism. The chief executive along with the cabinet asked for a report to be commissioned on how to tackle local social/political extremism. In its 100 + page entirety radical Muslims were not mentioned once, on the other hand the BNP were pretty much mentioned on every page of the report. How can such a ‘one-sided’ whitewash help eradicate extremism –it simply perpetuates everything ‘the far right’ is saying about national/local government.

But that will never be allowed to happen.

I have been saying for ages that the way to beat the BNP nationally & locally is to give them the same rights as the rest of the political parties. By doing this it will show people how truly one-dimensional and un-educated the individuals running the party truly are.

By silencing the BNP & often favouring ethnic groups- the political establishment are playing straight into the BNP’s hands by manufacturing a feeling of injustice.

I work for a local government that has a problem with the BNP and a problem with the growth of radical Islamism. The chief executive along with the cabinet asked for a report to be commissioned on how to tackle local social/political extremism. In its 100 + page entirety radical Muslims were not mentioned once, on the other hand the BNP were pretty much mentioned on every page of the report. How can such a ‘one-sided’ whitewash help eradicate extremism –it simply perpetuates everything ‘the far right’ is saying about national/local government.

Spot on, rules, legislation, law etc should apply to everyone equally

So another £100 billion of debt is going to be created by these short term tax cuts and the chancellor has finally admitted that taxes will have to go up to pay all this debt off.

What a mess we have got in.

If Brown and his cronies had managed the economy properly without excessive spending or waste then we would be a situation where we could have put money aside for a rainy day when the economy was booming. It would have given us more leeway to kick-start the economy without further excessive borrowing.

The smug grin on the man after all he has done is a disgrace.

Spot on RVR. He's not acknowleged any mistakes at all. The way he is twisting and abusing statistics is the same as outright lying. And if we're in such a better position than other western economies ( which he keeps claiming) how come investors are dumping sterling for fun?

It's the smugness I don't get.

Why can't people see he is smiling because he knows he is pulling a fast one. He is revelling in our misery because he knows his false reputation will make stupid people vote for him.

Our reputation is going to be severely damaged. I worry about our future role as a major player

Why can't people see he is smiling because he knows he is pulling a fast one.

He's come out with another cracker today:

Lowered VAT by 2.5% to stimulate sales, but he has increased fuel duty...

So goods that are cheaper due to the lowering of VAT will actually cost more because of increased transportation costs.

People must be thick if they are falling for this complete tax con.

Archived