BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] French Threat To English Football

philipl

This is worth following closely

Essentially the French are trying to "level the playing field" by moving power massively away from national associations and leagues to UEFA and various bureaucratic bodies, preventing outside investment into clubs and stopping youngsters under 18 travelling across borders.

The fear is the FA will play ball to win brownie points for their 2018 World Cup bid.

This is worth following closely

Essentially the French are trying to "level the playing field" by moving power massively away from national associations and leagues to UEFA and various bureaucratic bodies, preventing outside investment into clubs and stopping youngsters under 18 travelling across borders.

The fear is the FA will play ball to win brownie points for their 2018 World Cup bid.

I read this yesterday, and really only have one thing to say about it. Take off your "Green" Beret and shove it up your Anus Platini!!!!!!!!

Go get your own sponsor's and money men, but given your displays recently over football IE excluding all the big clubs because they have debts. I can only assume that un-surprisingly no-one wants to put money into French football I wonder why?

Oh and while your at it my Uncle says he wants the fish back you lot of fair-playing and law abiding scoundrels stole from us.

I have to say recruitment policy in both FIFA and UEFA worries me, do you have to fail the mental stability test to get in as it seems so.

Lets get real when looking at the Frogs.

What have they ever done in the world ?

Nothing, in fact they try hard to ruin it but are found wanting in every little step in life.

They steal the colours of Red White and Blue for their flag when it should be plain old simple YELLOW.

They want to help the world but never commit themselves.

They want to ruin football because they envy EVERYTHING British. Platini and co should scuttle off down the champs elysee and hang around the red light areas because a paying prostitute is the only person who will listen to their whingeing and whining.

The french are poor neighbours of good old Britain and for me like many others, linking them via the tunnel was a huge mistake, that is of course unless the thing collapses with a million of them inside (joking) ^_^

Platini is plainly wrong with this particular campaign but his basic complaints about English football are correct.

Platini should be congratulated for trying to break the monopoly of power and wealth at a select few English clubs because there is no one in this country willing to do it but to create a "level playing field" (to use the modern term) in European football he would have to dismantle his wretched Champions League.

Platini is plainly wrong with this particular campaign but his basic complaints about English football are correct.

Platini should be congratulated for trying to break the monopoly of power and wealth at a select few English clubs because there is no one in this country willing to do it but to create a "level playing field" (to use the modern term) in European football he would have to dismantle his wretched Champions League.

No offence but one assumes you are not a Rovers fan, or if you are your memory has gone all selective. I don't recall a single voice of dissention from the Rovers supporters when Jack started splashing his cash and giving you a huge competetive advantage over every club in England at the time? I don't recall any dissent from the thousands of fans the spending brought to Ewood either.

No offence but if there is one set of fans who really have no right to complain about wealthy clubs spending exhorbitant sums, amounts far beyond that which they can self generate it is Rover fans.

This is not a criticism, if we could find a Jack Walker I'd welcome his spending spree. It is merely a statement of absolute fact.

The French, I can assure you, envy nothing British. Well maybe roast beef and the ability to make decent sandwiches, so I suppose you have the drop on them in some areas.

Of course they don't why would they? France is a country we should all aspire too! :lol::lol:

Shall we discuss how they never keep their word, politically.

I wonder what the likes of AC and Inter, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Juventus think of his master-plan. All they will do is force a break-away European super-league, on those clubs terms. All this talk of no-debt etc is tiresome, how often have we actually seen a club cease. Someone will always step-in.

The French system is no better than ours, Lyon being point in case at least in england we have four teams with a chance and two who will compete all the way to the wire.

The French system will only allow clubs to spend what they can afford, so Rovers are screwed in that system too. The only fair way is to give all clubs the same limits. How many court cases did they say they had involving football since the inception of their all encompassing solution. Let them kick let them scream they will never have the back bone to act on it, history has at least shown us this about the under-handed dogs they are.

The whole idea reminds me of the SS in world war two, "No Heir Williams gates are down by 3,000 per home game, no funds for rovers this Jan" Absolutely Bloody Preposterous.

Sort out your own back yard before you start crapping on the rest of us, KNOB!

While I don't agree with allowing more beuracrats into the game, levelling the playing field needs to occur. Using Ligue A as an example of a '###### poor' competition however is niave. Sure Lyon have won a number of titles in a row but underneath them has been considerable fluctuations every year in what is quite a competitive league and may I add pretty good to watch.

Platini is trying to reduce debt levels because this ensures that clubs who have the greater market share cannot use their considerable asset strength to overspend and borrow money, this will level the playing feild.

I applaud the notion though that players under the age of 18 have to stay with their respective nations though, if anything this should increase the amount of opportunities for young Brits to come through, something everyone on this board always crows about.

As long as they add the "domestic player quota" and the "23 maximum squad" and the "minimum of 4 under 21 players in teh squad" rules I will be happier.

No offence but one assumes you are not a Rovers fan, or if you are your memory has gone all selective. I don't recall a single voice of dissention from the Rovers supporters when Jack started splashing his cash and giving you a huge competetive advantage over every club in England at the time? I don't recall any dissent from the thousands of fans the spending brought to Ewood either.

No offence but if there is one set of fans who really have no right to complain about wealthy clubs spending exhorbitant sums, amounts far beyond that which they can self generate it is Rover fans.

This is not a criticism, if we could find a Jack Walker I'd welcome his spending spree. It is merely a statement of absolute fact.

Selective memory? :lol:

what about your pie maker when he bankrolled you?

:rover:

Again one assumes you are a recent convert to the blue and white cause.

Rovers fans who were around during the 80's and before will know that despise our Bob as they might, Burnley football club never failed to be in the Black under Lord. We bankrolled ourselves by developing and selling players. That includes building 2 new (and at the time top drawer) stands. Oh for a return to those times.

So nothing selctive about my memory. As I say, I don't say these things to have a go, for all the posturing I don't think one Burnley fan would complain if we found our own Jack Walker. Nonetheless, no clubs fans has less right to complain about overspending based upon a rich benefactor than Rovers - it was your club that really started the ball rolling in this country.

Rovers fans who were around during the 80's and before will know that despise our Bob as they might, Burnley football club never failed to be in the Black under Lord. We bankrolled ourselves by developing and selling players. That includes building 2 new (and at the time top drawer) stands. Oh for a return to those times.

So nothing selctive about my memory. As I say, I don't say these things to have a go, for all the posturing I don't think one Burnley fan would complain if we found our own Jack Walker. Nonetheless, no clubs fans has less right to complain about overspending based upon a rich benefactor than Rovers - it was your club that really started the ball rolling in this country.

As I recall nobody despised "The Burnley Butcher" more than Burnley fans. Rovers fans used to enjoy laughing at his quotes and antics. His legacy wasn't the best either was it? Seven years in the leagues basement?

If you want to talk prudence look no further than Ewood Park in the 80's. Rovers regularly knocked on the top flight's door with the budget of your average modern North-West Counties League club. Jack would never had invested in the club if that hadn't been the case as is well documented.

Rovers were parsimonious and successfull whilst Burnley were threatening to sue the League if they relegated them to the Conference.

• 2 months later...

Platini spouting again

No transfers between clubs in the same competition- international or domestic- during a season.

Limits to transfer spending as well as wages now.

Squads limited to 25.

Quite apart from making this more difficult for clubs to participate in European competitions effectively, I hope there will be no exceptions of treating the junior clubs playing at lower levels in the same league set-up as anything but a part of the senior club (that would neatly screw all the Liga giants!)

Seriously, everything Platini proposes seems determined to eliminate a club like the Rovers from senior competition. Quite how clubs like Hoffenheim or Auxerre are supposed to continue I don't know.

I suppose everything looks simple when you come from a country that only has one club.

The Independent's report

I can see what he's trying to achieve.

You can question the way he's proposing to do it, but with a bit of tweaking it could put all clubs (not just the PL) on a even basis.

It's in the interests of all clubs and their supporters that the game be made strong and competitive.

Maybe but we didn't slit Accy stanleys throat. :P

In fairness with maximum wage in the offing and Burnley at the top of the football tree Bob the Butcher was prob in front of his time by getting rid of close rivals in the hope that their demise would swell the gate at t'turf. At that time most of the small Lancashire clubs were in or close to the top division with their finances soon to be proven totally inadequate and relegation to the depths soon to be proved inevitable.

Jack Walker might have been thanked by all the kids in Central and North Lancashire if he had done the same to PNE, Blackpool and Burnley as Butcher Bob had done to Stanley.

Indeed. Despite vast wealth pouring in to the prem from media and the Champions league football finances are sick. Clubs simply have to be regulated because they cannot be trusted to regulate themselves. Going public, sold to foreign owners we've seen every penny metaphorically p1ssed up the wall. Look where LUFC have got to with all their big spending, to a lesser extent Coventry, Forest, Soton etc are also in schtum. Look too at the perilous state that even the likes of Lpool, MU, Mags, Pompey WHU have put themselves in. The day of reckoning will come for them all whether it's by Platini's hand or the recession. Doubtless BRFC will be caught in the fallout from the blast but just possibly the meek shall inherit the earth ............. Que sera sera.

Ah yes the butcher who wore his hat backwards. As I recall he sold one of your top talents, A certain Martin Dobson to help fund the building of a new stand which he promptly named after himself. Yes you did develop and sell on some talent, good talent too. Oh for the days eh Longsiders, well maybe the glory days will return soon, you lot are doing very well.

Are you concerned your cup exploits may negatively impact your chance to get to the Prem?

Every club in england?? get your facts correct, at that time Manchester United spent more and came second, do not forget here, Jack was not the Mafia, he was a true fan and built the ground etc, the players were an investment, look again at the facts, profits on players, shearer 12 million, Sutton 5 million, Le Saux £4.5 million, Sherwood 4,5 million Berg 4.5 million etc

Each player bought was young and at a very reasonable cost, indeed the books balanced very nicely thank you and note most of these lads were british players, all the money went back into the british game, if Rovers bought from say Blackpool (as they did with Alan Wright, then Blackpool would buy a player from a lesser club like Burnley (which they were then)

which helped you survive the really tough times when attendances were under 2,000 at the turf!! League v Darlington!!

In fact Colne Dynamos had three better attendances than Burnley that season!!!

So Jack was different to what is happening now, totally different, remember the top price he paid was £3million some 10 years after Trevor Francis was bought for a million!! He paid only for players who could be sold on and the club made good profits on almost every palyer, thats good business!!

Tell me that Shay Given will be sold for more than £8million, Bridge for more than £12million or Robinho for more than £35 million, no they wont, that is what Platini is saying, clubs paying well above the odds with no business plant to show for it!!

Blackburn Rovers did not buy the title, you cant do that, ask Man City, you have to have a manager who can pick a player, Rovers had that in Dalglish and a coach to gel them together (Harford) its a business plan, it worked and No other club will emulate what Jack Walker did, God Bless Him, A Legend.

I can see what he's trying to achieve.

You can question the way he's proposing to do it, but with a bit of tweaking it could put all clubs (not just the PL) on a even basis.

It's in the interests of all clubs and their supporters that the game be made strong and competitive.

Would Platini be saying these things if the French Ligue 1 was the dominant league in Europe and bringing the world's best players in? I doubt it. I used to think he had some good things to say but he looks as though he's trying to take Blatter's mantle as football's loose cannon - maybe it's a prerequisite for the FIFA job...

To an extent I agree - but there is a major difference between Jack Walker, Jack Heywood at Wolves etc. They put money into clubs that they were life long fans of. All the latest foreign money is based around fan base, turn-over and probably future profit (or in the case of some, just an ego trip).

Though the net effect is the same (though Jack was never in the league of some of the new EPL owners) - the background the spending is entirely different.

Archived