BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

All your get out of a boycott is a cold and banter with United fans laughing at you. Manchester United aint gonna be bothered if a few hundred (if that) Backburn fans boycott a carling cup game. Are United bothered when Fulham bring no fans? No probably not. I'd save yaself the bother, and more importantly, ya pennies for transport to the ground.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was £30 or less I'd have gone. As it's more than that I'm not going.

Rovers may well have agreed to that price but fair enough because if they do get half of the gate receipts then they'll get more cash for this game than they do for a game at Ewood. Rovers do very well looking after home fans at Ewood with regards to ticket prices - it's asking a bit much for us to start moaning at them about the cost of away tickets.

It wasn't so long ago that despite full houses every week United was one of the cheaper away grounds in the league to visit. It certainly shows us some of what effect the Glazers have had at OT.

Our following at away games was one of the best during the 90's, the main reason for the decline in numbers I can think of is that we haven't had the same success.

Maybe.

But can you explain why the Premiership as a whole has seen a big drop in attendance? 500,000 less this year (or something like that)

Maybe.

But can you explain why the Premiership as a whole has seen a big drop in attendance? 500,000 less this year (or something like that)

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££prices££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

£££££££££££

Our following at away games was one of the best during the 90's, the main reason for the decline in numbers I can think of is that we haven't had the same success.

I think it`s down to pure cost and no other reason.Last season i went to 2 away games,the first being Bolton simply because my mate bought it me as a xmas pressie and the 2nd was Villa away which cost a tenner for the ticket and £20 return on the train.

In a couple of weeks i will be going to Wigan simply because it will cost £20 for the ticket and £3 return on the train from Rochdale.As it proved at Bolton the other week if the prices are right,then people will turn up in larger numbers.I wouldn`t be surprised if Wigan sells out pretty fast whereas if they had charged £30 plus,they would be lucky to get a thousand turn up.

Given the current financial climate,footy tickets will be the last thing on a lot of supporters minds and footy clubs are going to have to wake up and react accordingly if they want to fill their grounds every week.

Assuming that the expenses at this game are about 10% (guess, but cant be far off) and with and average ticket of £25, but it will probably be more as there will be more adults than children, rovers would take to put in their black hole that eats up all the clubs money £855,000, but it would probably be closer to £1m, JW eyes will have had pound signs flashing up, and thats why he agreed. but i wont be going, but would be up for a protest outside the ground, atlest it might get on the news tho.

only just found out it's £41. they (Mancs and Rovers) must be kidding..................this is another nail in footballs coffin.

I was going to go and £41 I can afford; but affordability for some is not the point, this rip off of fans is which is why I am putting 2 fingers up to this one.

It's way too much when taking local / current economics into account and the totally unhealthy imbalance provided by Champions league cash, but remember some of the worlds best players will be on show if Fergie picks a strong team... albeit against our lil old BRFC. Remember we are a little spoiled as we are used to seeing these players regularly and so maybe we should bear in mind Burnleys superb following at Chelsea. It was a real one off to the dingles and they viewed it as a must see.

In a nutshell I suppose one would have expected to pay more to watch Frank Sinatra sing in the Vegas Sands than some guy on a karaoke at the local pub.

btw My opinion is taken in the cold light of day as I simply cannot get excited or enthusiastic about much this season.

Pass onto United fans too if you can

Petition about the greedy mancs

Yes T4E - But its the principal that matters

Come on this needs pushing. Anymore to sign up? Could someone who posts on official also put it on there? And ideally if someone can get it onto a few manc sites??

Rovers would have been under a lot of pressure to keep prices at the same they have been for uniteds previous games, i wouldnt blame JW for it.

I think maybe it would be a good idea to alert media companies of the uproar the prices have caused amongst us, because they way i have read things on here, 80% of the people that would have paid a reasonable prices are not going because of the actual price

I can't afford £41 for a game of football. Simple really.

I can get there & back home for nothing, but I can get to Ewood & back & include my ST in that and still have a cheaper game.

Just to open a can of worms......

Mate at work,Utd season ticket holder for many moons, has confirmed he is paying just 31 pounds for his ticket for this game.

I thought charging away fans more was illegal? :huh:

It depends where they sit. The price cannot be more than an equivilant seat in the home end. In the same way that at Ewood, Blackburn End and Darwen End will be the same price, but Riverside is less.

Ticketmaster are selling seats for this fixture priced #40 face value.

Once you've paid them their normal crap though, it's nearer #50.

It still seems wrong that they are getting face value tickets for a quid less than official supporters of the away team.

this was the reply fro tom finn.....i sent a reply and asked if paul ince honestly believed spurs performence was outstanding as i thoght it was awful...

****************************************************************************************************

Thank you for your recent email concerning the prices of tickets for the Carling Cup tie with Manchester United.

United justified the prices on the basis that, firstly they are the normal League prices and secondly that they were the prices charged for the previous round, against a Championship team, Queens Park Rangers who took over 6,000 fans to Old Trafford and, of course, had the additional burden of travelling costs. In addition we are now at the quarter-final stage of the competition and it is likely that over 60,000 home fans will attend as in the previous round whilst the £10 junior price does at least make it more affordable for those with children.

Clubs have the right to charge different prices in different parts of the Stadium In our case the Frasereagle Stand was £28 when we played United although their fans were charged £35. The rules require clubs to charge away fans the same as those in home areas in comparable accommodation, United are doing this.

I think we sometimes forget how affordable the prices are at Ewood Park compared with elsewhere in the Premier League. We were charged £45 at Chelsea last season and United itself was £39. We charged United fans £35 at Ewood earlier in the season and could have been around the £40 mark ourselves if we had applied inflation to the 2006 prices instead of reducing them by an average 25% last season.

I am sure, like you, the £41 price will deter many fans from going to Old Trafford which is disappointing, lets hope that we can upset the bookies and have the dilemma of pricing for a two leg Semi Final.

Your continued support is much appreciated.

Yours sincerely

T M Finn

Managing Director

I've been lucky enough to swangle free tickets, but I'm in the Macunians.

I'll be texting Rog_of_the_Rovers how many we take as I'll be able to count quite quickly I imagine....and he'll whack up the estimated attendance on here.

(Yes, I partly did make this post to brag that I'll going to watch Rovers get a beating by an Academy side for free but I'm like reet boss so there)

Thanks for that info Abbey.

Like you I'm not going to be paying over £30 for a game. Especially one that we don't stand much chance of winning (unless RFW plays his under 18 team.)

I too was talking to a United fan at work. He reckons that the gate money is split 75% - 25% in favour of United. Given that many United ST holders will not be turning up it gives a chance for many of their fans to actually see a game. He said his daughter & some of her friends will be going to see the game. Normally they never get a chance.

So, shall we console ourselves that Rovers may not have much support but 25% of the money paid by the United fans will be going into Rovers' coffers.

Scant consolation I realise, but I'm taking it.

Archived