BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the saddest thing about it all is that over the years Manure have had world class playrs against Rovers and on NOT ONE occasion have they ever scored 5 goals.

Now Rovers entertain their 5th string and concede 5 goals, 4 of them to an Argy gimp.

That epitomises everything about the standard of Rovers efforts last night.

<_<

Ok lets put some perspective on all this - a £30m gimp, an £11m portuguese winger, a £10m brazilian midfield player. Yes - there was lots of youth in that team - but much of the attacking talent cost more than our entire squad !

Doesn't excuse the display - but does put it into a little perspective.

I hope fans dont start singing INCE OUT before the games starts, we need to win this game and we have no chance if that is being chanted from the off.

I agree totally - everyone should give the team their 100% support until it is clear we have lost the match - then feel free to turn on Ince.

If we pull off a surprise and beat them - please just enjoy that most rare of things - a win against a top 4 side and hope that we are genuinely turning the corner (we can but hope).

Unlike some people on this MB - to an extent I don't care who manages Rovers as long as we are successfull. In the unlikley event that turns out to be Ince - I will be happy - at the moment can't see it though.

Quite..... as opposed to SLOW clocks! :rolleyes:

Our plight gives me no satisfaction but imo it was inevitable Simon. Maybe if you'd had as much crap as I've had aimed at me then you'd prob say 'Hate to say I told you so BUT I told you so' too.

What a load of self-serving, attention seeking crap. For some strange reason you think throwing a teenage hissy fit when Ince was appointed entitles you to play the role of a wise sage. Others who didn't think Ince wasn't the best choice have been far more level headed about the whole affair.

Please change the record.

Milking this for all you are worth aren't you Gordon.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

:);)

:rover: i read drogs welcome to saint mark hughes,and if sparky had not turned out to be a great manager ,he then could have said i told you so :wacko::brfc:

the saddest thing about it all is that over the years Manure have had world class playrs against Rovers and on NOT ONE occasion have they ever scored 5 goals.

Now Rovers entertain their 5th string and concede 5 goals, 4 of them to an Argy gimp.

That epitomises everything about the standard of Rovers efforts last night.

<_<

:rover: we got beat 5-0 when sutton/sherwood got sent off but don't let that cloud your judgement :brfc:

Just got back from manchester, we were so bad i left the ground at 4 1 down

No fight and team spirit reminded me of a 3 0 drubbing at Anfield under souness with reid left midfield

I ve been an ince fan but something is seriously wrong

• 5 weeks later...

Derby academy coach David Lowe, who steered the Rams to a 1-0 win over Manchester United in the Carling Cup semi-final first leg on Wednesday, had just a day earlier taken charge of the club's under-eight side. (The Sun)

That one amused me.

Having watched the game last night, I feel even more angry that Ince's ineptitude cost us a place in the semi-final. The Man U second string are no Arsenal kids and we were no Burnley.

Archived