BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

Are any Rovers fans actually going to this game?

I doubt if we have sold more than 200 tickets....any news on the sales Lee?

When I phoned-up for a ticket earlier this afternoon they reckoned about 450 had been sold.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am glad i am not going to this match, i could not care less about this game, we need to stay up thats far more important then the carling cup.

Please don't come on here whinging then if we get through that you can't get a ticket for the semi or crowing about how great it is should we reach the final.

Wednesday's match is of crucial importance to me, that first win has to come sooner rather than later, and I'll take any bit of good news from anywhere.

I m going but only cause I'm in manchester on business and a mate is a utd season ticket holder so in their end

Stood up in 1993 when gallacher scored in the utd end , lets hope I get a chance to do so tomorrow

If I lived in Bourton-On-The-Water I'd be right narked off at having to go to Manchester! Bourton is a wonderful place.

No excuse by me - Iv got the money in the bank, I could afford the £41 and I really wanted to go to the game. I would of gone for £30 a ticket no problem at all - but at £41 each they can stick it where the sun doesnt shine - purely out of principal

Seconded. Four of us were going and we all have money in the bank. We won't let the Glazers won't take the p'ss out of us though. There'll be more than enough plastic Mancs in their end to encourage them anyway.

Please don't come on here whinging then if we get through that you can't get a ticket for the semi or crowing about how great it is should we reach the final.

Wednesday's match is of crucial importance to me, that first win has to come sooner rather than later, and I'll take any bit of good news from anywhere.

have u not seen our attendences lately!!! , i am sure i will be able to get a ticket if i wanted one.

No thread for the quarter final match??

Anyway United squad for tomorrow:

Manchester United (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Neville, Chester, Vidic, O'Shea, Nani, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho.

So at least no Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Berbatov. However still a very strong potential team.

------------Foster--------------------

Rafael - Vidic - O'Shea - Evans----

Nani - Anderson - Flecther - Giggs

-------Tevez - Manucho-------------

See ours: Blackburn (from): Robinson, Brown, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Mokoena, Olsson, Tugay, Treacy, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Santa Cruz, Fowler, McCarthy.

How can Simpson be in the squad?? Is it allowed for the cup games???

:rover: all those who are going to utd tommorrow,kudos to you.loyal fans and i hope the result is favourable.personally i said i would never watch rovers at old trafford when i so the gmp smashing manchester lads all over the place when the glazier's took over,had to make a exception for the semi :wub::brfc:

:rover: all those who are going to utd tommorrow,kudos to you.loyal fans and i hope the result is favourable.personally i said i would never watch rovers at old trafford when i so the gmp smashing manchester lads all over the place when the glazier's took over,had to make a exception for the semi :wub::brfc:

Off topic I know but those "Manchester Lads" were largely made up of the "Men in Black" which is the daft name a bunch of criminal thugs give themselves. They decided that the law dosn't apply to them and blocked a road stopping ordinary folk going about their business. The police did their job and any kudos should go to them.

Off topic I know but those "Manchester Lads" were largely made up of the "Men in Black" which is the daft name a bunch of criminal thugs give themselves. They decided that the law dosn't apply to them and blocked a road stopping ordinary folk going about their business. The police did their job and any kudos should go to them.

:rover: so you think its quite alright to attack people in the street,drive vans at them just to protect a few yanks :brfc:

:rover: so you think its quite alright to attack people in the street,drive vans at them just to protect a few yanks :brfc:

No, but I do think it's right that the police shifted a bunch of criminals out of the road and showed that intimidation can work both ways. I'm no fan of the Glazers btw. Dont care much about them either way.

No thread for the quarter final match??

Anyway United squad for tomorrow:

Manchester United (from): Foster, Kuszczak, Rafael, Evans, Cleverley, Neville, Chester, Vidic, O'Shea, Nani, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Possebon, Gibson, Giggs, Tevez, Welbeck, Manucho.

So at least no Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick, Berbatov. However still a very strong potential team.

See ours: Blackburn (from): Robinson, Brown, Simpson, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Warnock, Mokoena, Olsson, Tugay, Treacy, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire, Villanueva, Santa Cruz, Fowler, McCarthy.

How can Simpson be in the squad?? Is it allowed for the cup games???[/quote Maybe he is just going to have a chat with Sir Alex?

NO RONALDO!

We got a chance! Hopefully!

[quote name='Hughesy' date='Dec 2 2008, 12:58 ' post='699833

Nope. It's in the LT today saying he can't play.

If at the end of the loan, Ferguson doesn't want him to play regularly for them, he'd be delighted to come to play regularly for us if we were interested in signing him.

We have a chance to win this game, like we have every game, but the real Blackburn Rovers needs to turn up not a bunch of individuals intent on passing it around and missing chance after chance. I want to see effort, commitment and real desire to win from them tomorrow night and on Saturday. If that happens then I will be relatively happy. Too many games have been gifted to the opposition recently with stupid mistakes and idiotic decisions. They need to be cut out and Rovers players (and management) need to perform as a team. If that happens I think we can win this game.

This game is taking on more importance by the minute.

Burnley are beating Arsenal and as much as it pains me they look very good and may well hold on. We've nothing to fear from Stoke or Derby. That just leaves Spurs and Watford - one of which we're far better than, the other we beat in the final the last time we won this.

A 2 legged semi against the Dingles? A final against the Dingles?! These opportunities don't come along all that often.

We're good enough to beat United's reserves if we pick the right team and get the tactics right. This could be just what we need right now.

Glad this is not on telly as i think about 400 would make the trip which is in embarassing.

I was chatting with a United fans today and we both talked about how "hard" the Premiership is this season with no "whipping boys" currently being found. However, the United fan then stated something that shocked me to the core as i had not looked at it from this perspective; but we are the "whipping boys" of the Premier League. I bet every team cannot wait to play us for an easy 3 points, not good!

Archived