BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Curbishley For Rovers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Curbishley didn't get Charlton relegated, did he? I'm positive he left the season before that.

Beggars can't be choosers - we have limited options and Curbishley is nowhere near as bad a manager as some people make out. He masterminded West Ham's surge out of the relegation zone (including beating us) and resigned his post on principle, he wasn't sacked.

He masterminded West Ham's surge out of the relegation zone (including beating us) and resigned his post on principle, he wasn't sacked.

That was surely more by sheer good luck than judgement.

Were it not for the dodgy goings on at Ewood they'd have sunk without a trace.

Curbishley didn't get Charlton relegated, did he? I'm positive he left the season before that.

Beggars can't be choosers - we have limited options and Curbishley is nowhere near as bad a manager as some people make out. He masterminded West Ham's surge out of the relegation zone (including beating us) and resigned his post on principle, he wasn't sacked.

suspect he's a one club man myself. a bit like most players who leqve Rovers don't go on to better. I suspect Charlton suited him and he suited them and therefore looked a better manager than he is. Still don't see who'd be better than we've got and is available and likely to come to us. If allardyce took us into the champions league you'd never convince me he was the right guy for Rovers. I think we might have to get rid of Ince but nobody suggested so far fills me with any more conviction that they could get us out of it.

• Backroom
suspect he's a one club man myself. a bit like most players who leqve Rovers don't go on to better. I suspect Charlton suited him and he suited them and therefore looked a better manager than he is. Still don't see who'd be better than we've got and is available and likely to come to us. If allardyce took us into the champions league you'd never convince me he was the right guy for Rovers. I think we might have to get rid of Ince but nobody suggested so far fills me with any more conviction that they could get us out of it.

He was doing okay with West Ham before he resigned. He's not the most inspiring appointment, but neither is BFS, and who else, realistically, are we going to get to come to us?

• Backroom

For the record I'm not advocating the immediate instatement of Curbishley or anything of the kind, I just think he deserves a little more credit than he seems to be getting. I certainly don't see how he'd be that much worse of an appointment than BFS.

It is all about survival now.

BFS is a safer pair of hands in that regard than Curbishley- Rovers enjoyed too many easy wins against gutless sides managed by Curbs for him remotely to be a serious contender.

I'd certainly look at Coyle and Martinez before considering Curbishley.

No Curbs or Big Sam. The former isn't good enough, and we had our chance to get Big Sam.

We need to get someone who will lift the club. JW needs to put his money where his mouth is and back an experienced manager with money in January, because I have a feeling they've been holding out on us.

He was doing okay with West Ham before he resigned. He's not the most inspiring appointment, but neither is BFS, and who else, realistically, are we going to get to come to us?

Why not Joe Kinnear - he is doing ok at Newcastle

I don't think you will find a general consensus on who should be the next manager if Ince gets the sack.

I'm still against Allardyce, same reasons I stated in the managerial discussion thread when Sparky left. I'm surprised to see Curbishley being touted as a possible Rovers manager, all I can remember was mid table mediocrity with Charlton the usual winning one game losing the next. No consistency whatsoever. West Ham should have gone down and would if it wasn't for a dodgy linesman and Carlos Tevez.

Pardew? You have to be joking...

NO WAY!! He is terrible. We dont want him.

NO you and some other dont want Curbs.

Me and at least one other does. So don't speak for everyone...

Our fans are just changing with the wind. One minute Ince is the future, Big Sam & Curbs are duds. Next minute it's the other way around.

I wasn't against Ince coming as manager, however he wasn't my number one choice. I was willing to give Ince a chance, he has been given a chance, and failed...

Fini

Archived