BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Curbishley For Rovers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curbishley? That should well and truely get us relegated. He ended up screwing up at Charlton, he was crap at West Ham and is another tired manager whose future is to shuffle about 1st division teams not doing much.

I can not deny Ince was a risk that has not paid off, but Curbishley would be a backward step. It would be an admission that we are content with being of the same standard as Burnley or Ipswich.

Curbishley absolutely did NOT end up screwing up Charlton.Rather like us now,the rot set in when the next guy took over.

Okay,he didn't set the world on fire at West Ham but regarding the fans, I would liken them to the deluded barcode supporters,(who would no doubt not have a good word to say about Allardyce).

To be honest, I was one of those dead against Allardyce in the Summer but would certainly rather have him in charge than Ince.

I do think Curbishley is a viable alternative and repeat that he did a fantastic job at Charlton for a sustained period of time and they were an established Premier League club when he left after FIFTEEN years.

Okay,he didn't set the world on fire at West Ham

The rescue job he did at West Ham was nothing short of miraculous - far more impressive (and relevant) than what our friend Mr Ince managed at Macclesfield.

We could do a lot worse.

The rescue job he did at West Ham was nothing short of miraculous - far more impressive (and relevant) than what our friend Mr Ince managed at Macclesfield.

We could do a lot worse.

Forgetting about Tevez tugay? If anyone was responsible for keeping them up it was Tevez. Without his goals and their dodgy linesman decision against us they were going down.

Don't think Curbs is right for us. He years and time to build up Charlton, however we would need someone to make an instant impact, plus utilise the January transfer window with limited financial resources.

So how does Allardyce differ in this respect?

He's never taken over a Premiership club at this time/in this situation before so there's no evidence he'll make an instant impact either,(didn't make one at Newcastle).

Curbishley took over an ailing West Ham and kept them up,albeit with cash to spend.

He's also used to operating on a tight budget from his Charlton days.

So how does Allardyce differ in this respect?

He's never taken over a Premiership club at this time/in this situation before so there's no evidence he'll make an instant impact either,(didn't make one at Newcastle).

Curbishley took over an ailing West Ham and kept them up,albeit with cash to spend.

He's also used to operating on a tight budget from his Charlton days.

I just feel on a tight budget and with little time that Allardyce could make an impact. He still watches plenty of Premiership games live and I think he could quickly put in a decent scouting network (plus already have an idea of who he would want to buy from home & abroad).

Sam's plans at Newcastle were completely ruined from the takeover. He had to pretty much change every transfer target he had in mind during that summer. Overall, I just think he would be suited to takeover as manager should Ince leave.

IF ince has to go, then i'd welcome sam with open arms.

forward thinking coach.

gets the most out of his players

tactically astute

amazing how many people slated the press when they said we were bully boys, yet agree with the lazy press that sams teams are just one dimensional long ball addicts.

Archived