BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Portsmouth Preview

Amo

All I meant was (and with Rovers' best interests at heart), I'd take a defeat in one game if it meant Ince would go. One step backwards, two steps forward and all that.

I'll have to take your word for the last sentence with the search function being down.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I meant was (and with Rovers' best interests at heart), I'd take a defeat in one game if it meant Ince would go. One step backwards, two steps forward and all that.

I'll have to take your word for the last sentence with the search function being down.

I understand what you meant but I can't believe you posted it. I NEVER want to see Rovers lose.

Just as a quick aside, the thing that annoys me about those that wanted Ince out from before the season started is this, I want Rovers to do well, I want Ince to do well because that means Rovers are doing well. If he does a poor job (not doing so well at the moment is he?) then gradually his support will dry up and I'll want rid. Until that time I want him and Rovers to succeed because the two are not mutually exclusive. If he goes and another manager comes in I'll want the same again. So to that end I will support the Rovers manager and the team. The judgement on when his time is up is purely personal and at present is three matches. Pompey, Liverpool and Wigan. We need two wins out of that lot.

For Christ sake Ivan, Le Chuck qualified what he said and I think most people (ie non-Paulettes) would atleast be able to understand where he's coming from and why he said it, even if they don't agree.

For Christ sake Ivan, Le Chuck qualified what he said and I think most people (ie non-Paulettes) would atleast be able to understand where he's coming from and why he said it, even if they don't agree.

Does that make me a paulette then?

Yeah he qualified it but as far as I'm concerned that's the last thing I want to read.

You're proving my point exactly at the moment.

I'm proving your point? Do you even have a point? Or are you just looking to find anyone saying anything "negative" so that you can pounce on it?

Did you read my original post? Me 'pounce' on anything negative? Good one, that's funny.

I'm a troll/not a real fan because I don't think Ince is a competent manager? What a load of crap.

It's a completely hypothetical sitation, I said if Ince was guaranteed to lose his job. I know this isn't the case and therefore of course I don't want us to lose.

I'm pretty sure any manager we bring in could beat Ince's point tally quite comfortably from hereon in, even with a one game handicap. Hence why I posted what I did.

Why do people have blind loyalty to Ince, I don't see what he's done to deserve it and I don't see how it makes you more of a fan (or less of a troll...) for being like that.

Pretty sure, but not positive. You also don't know that players won't come in at the transfer window that won't turn it around, no matter who the manager is, even Ince. He's trying to play his style without his players.

Did you read my original post? Me 'pounce' on anything negative? Good one, that's funny.

You mean the one where you quoted one line of LeChucks post and swarmed all over it?

He said what he said, backed it up with a reason, and it made sense. You called him a troll and called in to question whether he's actually a Rovers fan.

You mean the one where you quoted one line of LeChucks post and swarmed all over it?

He said what he said, backed it up with a reason, and it made sense. You called him a troll and called in to question whether he's actually a Rovers fan.

I didn't call him a troll and I didn't question whether he was a Rovers fan. I questioned what kind of fan he was because of the type of post. You mis-interpret my post which is nothing new.

I reckon we can win this one and it is definitely about time we got a win. They should be pretty devastated about the final score from the AC Milan game especially as they had a 2 goal lead and hopefully they will still have that game in their legs a bit as well as being mentally tired. I think if we can get into them straight from the off and get an early goal then we could go on to take this. However, if we let them get into the game, settle down etc then we may miss an opportunity.

The team I would go for, just out of interest not that it really matters:

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Tugay Andrews Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Mokoena, Treacy, Villanueva, Derbyshire, Roberts

This would allow us to have a bit of pace from the full backs and get them down the flanks with Tugay pulling the strings from the middle. Then we have Emo, Andrews and Peds to get forward from midfield, support the strikers and provide some service to Benni and Roque. We need to start scoring goals so I think this would be the best way to go about it. We need to attack and attack well. If we are still struggling then we can look to the bench and bring on the likes of Villanueva for a spark and Derbs/Roberts for goals. Their pace and power up against even more tired legs with Carlos creating opportunites for them should allow us to finish strongly. The only problem will be Defoe as he will be fresh from not playing in midweek and his pace could trouble us. One good thing is that Kanu is injured so should miss out. He usually loves scoring against us.

I say Rovers 2-1.

I didn't call him a troll and I didn't question whether he was a Rovers fan. I questioned what kind of fan he was because of the type of post. You mis-interpret my post which is nothing new.

:lol:

I read the post, obviously you didn't.

'beneficial to ... lose' 'If we were issued a guaratee then I wouldn't mind which way this game went...'

What kind of fans are you? I'm sure you'll say you're being realistic and being a proper fan because you want the man in charge out because that's the kind of thing some people on here are saying. Anybody who has the balls to support the team and the manager at this point is basically a pariah. Nobody is allowed to post anything positive here without someone taking issue with it. This entire board is a breeding ground of discontent and negativity at the moment, one feeding off another and so on and it's becoming a ridiculous thing to read.

I honestly can't believe that all of you are real Rovers fans, some must be trolls because anybody looking in from the outside would p'ss themselves laughing at you lot. At a time when we need to support the team and get behind them you lot are more interested in picking every little thing apart and arguing with anyone and anything that is remotely positive. I'm sure someone will tell me that it's all because of Ince. It isn't. Take a step back and look at yourselves and your posts from an outsiders point of view. Imagine this is a Burnley board and then read the comments because it's unbeleivable what people are posting here.

I don't imagine this will go down well but I don't really give a sh@t.

:lol:

I read the post, obviously you didn't.

And where did I call him a troll in this post? Point it out to me. My second paragraph was not aimed at anybody in particular as was most of my first paragraph and if you read it carefully that is clearly apparent.

I still can't believe someone posted that they thought it might be 'beneficial to lose' if it got rid of Paul Ince and you are defending them. When has it ever been beneficial to lose?

For the reasons LeChuck said! For the long term future of the club, a loss that ridded us of Ince may be a blessing in disguise as there is good enough reason to believe that we could get another man in who, over the remainder of the season, could pick up more points than Ince would be capable of getting us over the course of the season.

If you disagree with that, fine, but in no way does that viewpoint make anyone a troll or less of a fan.

For the reasons LeChuck said! For the long term future of the club, a loss that ridded us of Ince may be a blessing in disguise as there is good enough reason to believe that we could get another man in who, over the remainder of the season, could pick up more points than Ince would be capable of getting us over the course of the season.

If you disagree with that, fine, but in no way does that viewpoint make anyone a troll or less of a fan.

You still argue that I accused him being a troll when I have said quite clearly I did not and that was not my intention. Get that clear please!

I disagree that any loss is beneficial and, while I understand his point, I don't agree. Sacking Ince might end up being beneficial but losing never is.

Getting the thread back on topic:

It will be interesting to see how Portsmouth react to their draw against Milan. Will they be downbeat because they should have won their game against a European giant? Or will Adams have the man management skills to take positives from the game? If they almost beat a Milan side full of world class talent a game against a struggling Blackburn side surely should hold no fears?

You still argue that I accused him being a troll when I have said quite clearly I did not and that was not my intention. Get that clear please!

I disagree that any loss is beneficial and, while I understand his point, I don't agree. Sacking Ince might end up being beneficial but losing never is.

Give it a rest or find a room..

Robinson

Simpson Samba Nelsen Warnock

Emerton Tugay Andrews Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Mokoena, Treacy, Villanueva, Derbyshire, Roberts

That is a decent team on paper.

Compared to Rochdale yes.

Emerton is the only midfield man in that teanm that would get into another Prem team. A near 40 year old, an average lower league player and the worst Left Midfielder I have seen at Ewood since Neil Oliver got a game there in 1990.

We will concede our usual 2 and manage to score our usual nil.

Archived