BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Delap Has Got Nothing On This Guy

Technically there is nothing wrong with the throw - the player is facing the field of play, delivers the ball from behind and over his head and has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground behind the touchline when releasing the ball.

However, the exact same technique was trialled in the MLS some years ago and FIFA stepped in and ruled it illegal / unsporting. There is nothing specifically outlawing this in the current version of the Laws of Association Football (available from the FA website).

The player who got smacked in the chops might have been infringing the laws of the game by failing to respect the required distance from the thrower (2 metres)

Ouch, anyway :lol:

Hasn't Steve Watson tried that before? Or have I got him mixed up with somebody else?

Yeah I am pretty sure it was Steve Watson as well for Newcastle. I can remember seeing someone use that technique in like a friendly or testimonial but can't remember someone actually doing it in a league game.

That video is so funny, I could watch it time and time again. But he surprised me with the actual size of his second attempt...it was huge!

Yeah I am pretty sure it was Steve Watson as well for Newcastle. I can remember seeing someone use that technique in like a friendly or testimonial but can't remember someone actually doing it in a league game.

That video is so funny, I could watch it time and time again. But he surprised me with the actual size of his second attempt...it was huge!

I'm sure I've seen it before.

Its quite some throw pity its not accurate though. And as for the first attempt, I'm guessing revenge he's aiming for the kid no doubt in my mind over that.

I think that has been tried before and doing that throw-in is banned.

It is a fuzzy recollection- anyone know any better?

I think the name everyone is grasping for is Dave Challinor (or something very similar) who used to play for Tranmere Rovers - I think it sticks in my mind because he was a regular feature on Elton Welsby's Soccer night (and again for some reason I remember "North Side" did the theme tune..)

I think the name everyone is grasping for is Dave Challinor (or something very similar) who used to play for Tranmere Rovers - I think it sticks in my mind because he was a regular feature on Elton Welsby's Soccer night (and again for some reason I remember "North Side" did the theme tune..)

I remember him! Old stuff!

Archived