BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Hometown Teams (not Rovers Obviously)

LeChuck

Been having a discussion with a collegue at work today on whether it is possible to fully support two club teams.

I don't think it is, whilst he supports both Manchester United and Stoke City. He has supported Manchester United since he was a wee nipper and has a season ticket for Stoke, 'coincidently' this is the first season ticket he has had for Stoke.

He also says that if crunch come to crunch and the final game of the season was Stoke V ManU, with ManU able to win the league, Stoke able to stay up he couldnt make his mind up which he would prefer to win.

Now I for example would like to see Stoke stay in the Premier League (think it's good for the city), but hope that Rovers put 10 past them whenever we play and therefore only class myself as supporting Rovers.

What do you think? Can you fully support two club teams?

No, not for me but it's nothing new. Lots of Leyland/Bamber Bridge inhabitants have supported both North End and Rovers going to one when they were at home and the other vice versa... That's where the coffin ritual thing comes from.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's why I love players like Mick Quinn, Le Tissier etc. They have a pie and a fag before the game, look like they won their place in a raffle at a pub and then score 100 goals for your club.

Le Tissier was a complete legend. We used to see him hog the touch line and do nothing for 89 minutes and then back a goal into the top corner from 30 yards to win the game. God knows how he didn't earn more England caps.

Le Tissier was a complete legend. We used to see him hog the touch line and do nothing for 89 minutes and then back a goal into the top corner from 30 yards to win the game. God knows how he didn't earn more England caps.

He never pushed himself. He was gifted with amazing skill, but never worked on his fitness that much, or the other aspects that he lacked. Therefore he was a 'luxary' player who wasn't quite dynamic enough to build an entire team around.

Agree with you on this, very good player. Wasn't he the best penalty taker ever? 48 out of 49, shame England didn't take him to more tournaments & put him on last minute!!

Also, is it true that as he was born in the Channel Islands, he could have played for any of the home nations?

RDU, that wasn't you at the fourth day of the cricket v NZ, was it?

There was a guy in a Rovers shirt, sitting next/near to a bloke in what looked like a Bumley shirt.

The rovers bloke had a grey beard.

Definitely not! Wouldn't watch cricket if I was paid, even though it's just across the road from me, even less likely to ever sport a grey beard and sitting near someone in a Burnley shirt...YIKES!

Agree with you on this, very good player. Wasn't he the best penalty taker ever? 48 out of 49, shame England didn't take him to more tournaments & put him on last minute!!

Also, is it true that as he was born in the Channel Islands, he could have played for any of the home nations?

Yeah he only ever missed one penalty in a competitive game against Nottingham Forest. Mark Crossley saved the penalty and I could be wrong but the rumour was that when he saved Le Tissier's penalty, he actually broke a bone in his hand doing so. I guess other keepers would rather concede than break a bone :lol:

I'm from Chester oringinally and I used to watch them in the 80's, went to all home games and some away ones, always remember going to Wigan's old ground and stood on the banking of the away end thinking that it was the coldest place on earth.

They were managed mostly by Harry MCnally when I watched them and had players such as Stuart Rimmer, Gary Bennett, Graham Barrow, Billy Stewart.

Been struggling of late, Mark Wright back in charge for a third time, but he seems to be able to keep them up evrytime he manages them.

Archived