BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Cheese

On Accy market, on the same aisle as the fish stalls there is a stall selling old fashioned traditional foods. It's an absolutley fantastic nostalgia trip just to look at the goods on display and I am sure you will get brilliant traditional crumbly Lancashire on there.

By the way I have no personal connection to the vendors.

Mrs Kirkhams

They usually turn up at Manchester's Piccadilly Gardens Farmers Market & I buy a round. It freezes well. Cut it up first before you freeze it.

Lovely stuff

Indeed. But Mrs Kirkhams is 'creamy' Lancashire cheese, not crumbly. It's also the only Lancashire cheese made with unpasteurised milk hence the popularity of it with the foodies Rick Stein, Paul Heathcote, Nigel Howarth etc.

Indeed. But Mrs Kirkhams is 'creamy' Lancashire cheese, not crumbly. It's also the only Lancashire cheese made with unpasteurised milk hence the popularity of it with the foodies Rick Stein, Paul Heathcote, Nigel Howarth etc.

I didn't know that. Thanks.

The "crumbly" is a bugger to put on your butties for work though. It goes all over everywhere.. ...

Crumbly Cheese Deli - at Ossy Mills.

All the traditional Lancashire varieties, plus smoked Lancashire, Lancashire Blue and plenty more. Plus the best local butter we've found, having tried what's on offer off of Blackburn Market, Booths and a couple of farm shops.

Also in that bit of Ossy Mills - great local sausages and a limited selection of local meat.

All the traditional Lancashire varieties, plus smoked Lancashire, Lancashire Blue and plenty more. Plus the best local butter we've found, having tried what's on offer off of Blackburn Market, Booths and a couple of farm shops.

Also in that bit of Ossy Mills - great local sausages and a limited selection of local meat.

You are right. I'd forgotten about there. Great selection of traditional sweets I had when I was a kid too. Pink and white coconut ice, Sarsaparilla tablets and cupid lips etc. Marvellous!

This stuff is as close to Greenwood's as I have found.

Archived