BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trusties

PAFELL

I personally do not believe that 40 million over 9 years is anywhere near the investment levels required to run a football club… but that is just my opinion.

The trustees didn’t have to take rovers on- I am sure jack never pointed a gun at their heads. They took this club on when TV deals were low & turnover was proportionally much lower. Yet when the club is actually profitable, we move our two best assets on ( Bentley/Hughes) for over 12 million there is still no investment? Or even the funds that the club has self-generated released.

The trust’s stance is quite bewildering. They desperately want to sell the club- yet when potential buyers have made tentative inquiries they have been scared off by inflated selling prices. Do they honestly believe anyone will buy the club in the championship; the clubs only selling point is that it is a premiership that is currently profitable. If we are relegated the clubs only selling point will vanish- making a sale all but impossible.

Final point- what are Rothschild’s actually doing?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the spelling lesson - not sure if it is possible to change it now. Over to the mods to install a spell checker for bad spellers like myself.

I do not often comment on spelling but since it has been brought up there are one or two that are repeated often and begin to irritate after a while.

1/ 'teh' instead of 'the' - just laziness.

2/ 'Stricker' instead of 'Striker' and

3/ 'Cannot bare' instead of 'Cannot bear'.

Rant over. :D

I do not often comment on spelling but since it has been brought up there are one or two that are repeated often and begin to irritate after a while.

2/ 'Stricker' instead of 'Striker' and

3/ 'Cannot bare' instead of 'Cannot bear'.

Rant over. :D

'Loose' instead of 'lose' is another one

On five live whilst driving into work this morning it was said an emergency trustee meeting had been arranged for tomorrow to discuss the financial implications of relegation.

It's a Nicko story, it's in todays Mirror.

Guilty as charged. I'm always doing that. Problem is I can only look at the keyboard to type and not the screen.

Totally right - can't helping thinking the horse has bolted....

Maybe Hughes would have been better advised to get the team in the bottom three last season at this time rather than up in the top ten. I am being slightly sarcastic but it makes you wonder if it takes a crisis in the club to get some money from the Trustees. That stinks to be honest. Hughes DESERVED backing, he'd done a fantastic job with next to nowt. Whose door does that particular balls-up lie at? I doubt it was JW...

I tried, but keep losing count.

"But with the credit crunch and Rovers' impending relegation that price is falling." :o Are we down already? Have I missed something?

I'd just copied that to paste on here. You've saved me the time.

Definition

impending

adjective [before noun]

describes an event, usually something unpleasant or unwanted, that is going to happen soon:

'that is going to happen soon'............ Thank you Alan Nixon. Just as an aside I seem to rem you were quite relaxed and indeed quite positive about Ince coming to manage BRFC last June.

Maybe Hughes would have been better advised to get the team in the bottom three last season at this time rather than up in the top ten. I am being slightly sarcastic but it makes you wonder if it takes a crisis in the club to get some money from the Trustees. That stinks to be honest. Hughes DESERVED backing, he'd done a fantastic job with next to nowt. Whose door does that particular balls-up lie at? I doubt it was JW...

Thats what puzzles me. God only knows why but he was even denied the annual £3m last season I seem to rem!

Odd cos imo if somebody invested 10m of my money and turned it into 50m I'm pretty sure that I'd have given him some more pdq. I just don't understand it. :blink:

No one ever will theno, it beggars believe, but it is how it is.

Hopefully this is the wake-up they need I just hope they realise PI is not the man to give 10M+ too. I hate to think what he will buy with it. However if he signs redknapp as a coach it would not be a bad leaving present!!!!!

I'm praying they put some dollar in even if they cover the cost of hiring and Firing, I will be singing from the roof tops if this happens.

Keep the pressure on them Mr Nixon, Tomorrow we'll have a piece on what Jack would have done, god rest his soul.

No one ever will theno, it beggars believe, but it is how it is.

Keep the pressure on them Mr Nixon, Tomorrow we'll have a piece on what Jack would have done, god rest his soul.

We all know what Jack would have done ( if he'd let things go this far). Called A N Other on Sunday night, probably BFS, then told Incey to clear his office on Monday morning.

Please Please Please Do Not give any money to the Clown who is supposed to be managing us now! :

look who the clown wants to sign :

Ince has told chairman John Williams the players he wants, with striker Marc Janko and defenders Vasilis Torosidis and Marcel Schafer among his targets.

another striker why doesnt he try playing matty Derbyshire in his proper role ????

Archived