BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you back the manager with money or do you find another manager?

That's not ducking the question...that is THE question.

This is not a bad Rovers team and is in this position only because the manager does not know what he is doing.

So would I back him and would I trust him to spend Rovers' money wisely ........ NO !

This is not a bad Rovers team and is in this position only because the manager does not know what he is doing.

So would I back him and would I trust him to spend Rovers' money wisely ........ NO !

I can tell you at the moment the players are really not happy with

Ince and the training! i just wonder if the players are giving any input to JW etc?

The decision needs to be made soon or it will be too late! can anyone see where our

next wins going to come from?

Big Sam.

Doesn't this just prove what an absolute pigs ear we managed to make what could have been such a wonderful opportunity when MH left us?

Let's be honest, 90% per cent of us didn't want BFS, we then hear that we may go Danish and all we get is f***ing Milton Keynes... And now the very best we can expect is Bolton!

FFS what is the world coming to?

With the distinct lack of what we think are suitable candidates, one option would be to go cap in hand to Tony Parkes..........................................................again!

He should come back anyway, maybe he could become some kind of football advisor for Williams, who despite being a fantastic chairman in terms of financial nouse, has little knowledge of football(no football background).

There is nothing wrong with what Bolton achieved when Sam was their manager, I think some people on here think we are on the same level as AC Milan or Chelsea, wake up before it's to late.

I think some people on here think were on the same level as Newcastle at least, and look what happened there... :rolleyes:

If Nicko's sources are correct, maybe it could mean that the board don't expect to win the next few games anyway and could still be actively pursuing a replacement?

I think this is likely. Williams may have made a cock-up with Ince's appointment but before that I think most fans would agree he has been a very good chairman for us. Going off the past I expect Williams to actively seek someone to come in immediately if Ince is going to be sacked. We are in the middle of the season so it would be prudent to take this approach, rather than a sack and wait and see who applies.

I think this is likely. Williams may have made a cock-up with Ince's appointment but before that I think most fans would agree he has been a very good chairman for us. Going off the past I expect Williams to actively seek someone to come in immediately if Ince is going to be sacked. We are in the middle of the season so it would be prudent to take this approach, rather than a sack and wait and see who applies.

Agree. It is absolute crucial that we have a name ready to take over the job - I don't like the idea of ray mathias or archie knox as caremanagers :mellow:

Doesn't this just prove what an absolute pigs ear we managed to make what could have been such a wonderful opportunity when MH left us?

Let's be honest, 90% per cent of us didn't want BFS, we then hear that we may go Danish and all we get is f***ing Milton Keynes... And now the very best we can expect is Bolton!

FFS what is the world coming to?

I was actually one in the summer who wouldn't have minded Big Sam, but, yeah, I see your point.

Do you think there's much prospect of the Trustees realising they could lose a lot of money if we get relegated and so releasing more cash from the trust fund?

The Trustees won't be thinking of much else...

But they have to get their hands in their pockets for January.

One way or another.

Correct me if im wrong. But whats stopping the trustees from just saying.

Right were not putting anymore money into this club. The land is for sale, the players are for sale. The club can go into administration if their is no buyer...?

The Trustees own the club, so that would lonly hurt themselves and they would lose a pretty good asset.

However they want to sell - and that is hard enough in the Premier League at a time when few people have money to invest.

Everybody is playing for big stakes here.

But there is no doubt that a big decision has to be made by January...because players will be needed.

Do you back the manager with money or do you find another manager?

That's not ducking the question...that is THE question.

That's it in a nutshell nicko, although you missed out the words "and back him with money as well" after "another manager!"

A long shot I know but Roberto Mancini? In England wants a job...

On a side note I got a mail from a German friend saying that Rovers and a few other clubs have sent scouts to take a look at some striker called Vedad Ibisevic who has scored 17 goals in 15 games i think. He fairly tall as well i am led to believe.

Archived