BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] You Are Paul Ince, Blackburn Rovers Manager

Stuart

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you think the current coaching staff are sufficient or are you happy with knox & Mathias?

I think that, whoever the manager is, he should deside who makes up his backroom staff. Imposing decisions like that on a manager is unworkable imo.

Agree with Billy Castell...............

Careful now! :D

Not sure about your Barton suggestion, but then I do despise the little boys existance. He should be next door to his brother. Maybe Scharner would be a safer option. I'm way too tired to offer proper alternatives right now.

Careful now! :D

Not sure about your Barton suggestion, but then I do despise the little boys existance. He should be next door to his brother. Maybe Scharner would be a safer option. I'm way too tired to offer proper alternatives right now.

Can fully understand people with a anti-Joey Barton standpoint, but this is a critical time in the season.

Barton is proven though injured at the moment hes similar to how Ince was on the field and Rovers havent got anybody with same kind of Bartons drive and energy and more importantly finish to have an effect on a game. For me Blackburn Rovers would be an ideal football club for Joey Barton.

Robbie Savage was never a fans favourite until he put on the blue and white jersey i'm sure Joey would have a similar impact.

Can fully understand people with a anti-Joey Barton standpoint, but this is a critical time in the season.

Barton is proven though injured at the moment hes similar to how Ince was on the field and Rovers havent got anybody with same kind of Bartons drive and energy and more importantly finish to have an effect on a game. For me Blackburn Rovers would be an ideal football club for Joey Barton.

Robbie Savage was never a fans favourite until he put on the blue and white jersey i'm sure Joey would have a similar impact.

Barton the footballer would be ideal.

I would simply admit my mistakes.

Matthias is a clown and not a Premiership coach.

Fowler is NOT the answer up front.

Andrews is NOT a Premiership midfielder, he gets a game just for washing my kit and car.

I am NOT ready for a big club managerial job and need some qualifications.

The BRFCS members, or the majority of them, were RIGHT :P

* Buy lots of players whose names begin with R as that seems to be a fairly good guarantee of quality (Robinho, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ripley)

* Tour the pubs, clubs and bars of Blackburn and hope that some barfly you get talking to is an eccentric millionaire

* Try to convince the fans in the programme notes that a brief spell in a lower division (League Two maybe) might be beneficial

* Barricade your house

* Pray a lot

In answer to the question though.

I would do either of 2 things depending what kind of a man i was (Ince). I would either:

A) Admit i was out of my depth and offer my resignation to the chairman with my opologies stating that i had taken on more then i can handle/expected

B) Keep going for as long as possible regardless of what damage i have done to the club, for that handy little pay-cheque i get at the end of every single month. Then hope i will either be allowed to continue for a insane amount of time, or be sacked and get my 5 million pound pay off (the most likely)

One thing i bet you can garentee is, in 3-4 years time, if Ince's management career has gone down the pan, he will blame it on Rovers. The lack of finances etc...

guys

i coached a team here in oz looking at what rovers have and how they play baffles me my team

robo

simpson ooijer samba warnok

emo gella pedersen

santa benni treacy

i played that formation but we swiched play watching rovers they are predictable we held it up for mid fielders to make a run,we shot if it was on not try to walk it in i know we aint uk premier but our tactics worked 1 loss in 30 games,won league, and cup rovers are so predictable other teams pick it,i was in 2 minds derbs or benni if benni dont work derbs is your man santa goes cf derbs goes wide remember shearer and co you need assists cant score without

Come on mum. What was your post? I missed it.

'Twas along the lines of;

I'd get on the phone to my old chum Roy Keane and together we would point out to the media how us new young managers need to be given much more time'.

Tic because I believe he actually did that then I felt a bit mean. In truth I was a bit riled because I'd seen on the tv programme his house and his gym (which is bigger than my house - the gym that is) and my line of thinking was that well, does it really matter to him what happens to Blackburn Rovers, he can always get another club to manage and he's obviously not short of a £ or two... Just so disappointed with the current situation and today's news about the Trustee's meeting hasn't helped.

August 2008

You are Paul Ince, you've had some modest success as a fledgling football manager and have been handed the keys to the big time. You were as shocked as the Rovers fans when you got the job but you've never shirked a challenge in your life. Nor have you cared how hated you are.

Once the adrenalin has worn off following the initial press conference, and you wish you'd kept your big gob shut (for once) and not made the off-the-cuff remark that will haunt you for the rest of your Ewood tenure :blush: , you sit back and take stock.

$h1t! Now what?

You realise you have very few if anyone on side, apart from JW; the club's legendary keeper and current star player have already told you they are leaving. :blink: There are rumblings from the fans already and you need people around you that you can trust. You bring in your trusted confidant, Ray. Okay he's no Peter Taylor but you know him, he knows you. He will back you and won't stick the knife in if things aren't going well. But he's a bit old and the players might not respect him because of his lack of achievement in the game. Step forward Bob Fowler. He'll get the players on side - besides he owes me a favour. We're getting there now, just need someone who know's my methods in training, someone you know isn't going to turn against you. Keith will fit in well here nice family club, plenty of Irish connections down the years. Besides you promised him you'd make a Prem player of him one day; never gone against your word yet.

You do a nice bit of business to bring in Robbo and make the best of a bad situation. Well, JW does. Nice guy, Mr. Williams, level headed - you think he'll back you in a crisis: although he's still not best pleased about that slip-up. Damn you've got a big mouth sometimes. (Could be worse, you could be called Allardyce - hehe). Money's really tight but you manage to bring in a couple of coups. Some young lad from South America - looks great on YouTube - and a solid midfielder Vincent Grella (sic).

Despite best efforts, both your first choice targets for right wing fall through. Jokers some of these young lads today, Keano's right. <_<

Well we are where we are and we get on with it.

A good result, albeit last minute, against Moyes and we're on our way. Easy this management lark. It'll be the Dons all over again... :tu:

December 2008

Fast Forward four months and things couldn't have gone much worse - apart from the League Cup. You've not had a settled midfield since you've been here following injuries to Vince, Dunn, Reid and Emo. Carlos can't yet cut it and you've had to play Keith just about every game when he's a squadie at best. Bob doesn't look like scoring. Your defence is leaking like the roof in the JW stand and you don't know why you are paying Nige. The forwards couldn't hit the side of a bus from the penalty spot - even Ricky isn't firing. (Note to self: stop calling Santa Cruz Ricky, it's Roque, not that it'll matter come January). The one bright spark has been Robbo but even he's dropping the odd clanger. Everytime we make a mistake it costs us, we aren't getting the rub of the green.

(Ring, ring) "Knoxy, if that's Winterburn, tell him to get his ass up to Brockhall pronto! Hmm, Black-burn? Winter-burn? Maybe there's something in that. Second thoughts tell him not to bother, his final cheque is in the post."

The fans that don't hate you are running out of patience and some would even prefer Allardyce! You just know you can get it right, we just need that one bit of luck, if we can just hang on til Dunny gets back in the side in a couple of weeks. Get to January and you can do some serious arm twisting. You've never passed up on a challenge in your life and you are not about to give up now just because things are looking a bit iffy. The league is till tight and a few points will change everything.

Ok, I guess we're talking tactics, backroom staff, personnel changes, or something else to turn it around. And let's see if we can create a positive vibe on here so try to avoid the 'bog off' comments in response to the title. Rather than complain, let's be constructive. It's a stretch but Leeds once sacked Brian Clough. :D

Assuming you are Ince and you're not about to quit, you need to restore your reputation and get Blackburn back up the league.

What do you do?

Book myself into the undertakers - failing that become a dingle - but most important QUIT NOW AS YOU ARE AN EMBARRASMENT TO 'MODERN DAY' PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL.

Archived