BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] You Are Paul Ince, Blackburn Rovers Manager

Stuart

Stop turning up for press conferences and put my head in a bucket 'cos it isn't really happening to me. I've still got my wealth and my gym is bigger than Roversmums house.

Call Tony Parkes and ask him i he is ready to take over the job as caretaker manager and then tell JW that I am out of depth managing in the Premiership.

He needs to come out and admit he was not up to the job, williams should resign too in my opinion, how can anyone appoint a manager who has no premiership experience, it's unforgivable,

I don't want to harass John Williams and really hope he doesn't resign. It was a fair chance. It worked with Hughes and could have worked with Ince. It didn't and now is the time to show what a great chairman he really is, get in another manager and saving this club from relegation.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs to come out and admitt he was not up to the job, williams should resign too in my opinion, how can anyone appoint a manager who has no premiership experience, it's unforgivable,

Hughes had no Premier League experience either. Different I know but still relevant.

Parkes was only ever of use because he was continuity. He hasn't been there for 3 years so has no clue about what's going on now.

To get rid of Parkes was an understandable decision by Hughes in some ways. Having a man there who is always in the shadows ready to take over if things fall apart is some kind of Sword of Damocles, but for the club losing him has left us with no-one who truly understands what it is to be a Rovers man. If he were still there I would feel much happier about getting rid of Ince right now. He'd at least solidify the back-line. Good luck to him in his new role as goal-keeping coach at Watford.

He needs to come out and admitt he was not up to the job, williams should resign too in my opinion, how can anyone appoint a manager who has no premiership experience, it's unforgivable,

Most of the managers in the Premiership have little Premiership managing experience prior to joining their current club (look at David Moyes for example). I am not really sure experience is the issue. Lack of preparation and tactical nous seems to be the issue. Combined with bad injuries.

Most of the managers in the Premiership have little Premiership managing experience prior to joining their current club (look at David Moyes for example). I am not really sure experience is the issue. Lack of preparation and tactical nous seems to be the issue. Combined with bad injuries.

Point taken, but teams like Everton had lots of money to spend to help the new manager, as we obviously have very little Experience is the key. Tactical nous comes from experience, so does not rushing players back from injury only for them to break down again, i.e Grella and RSC

To get rid of Parkes was an understandable decision by Hughes in some ways. Having a man there who is always in the shadows ready to take over if things fall apart is some kind of Sword of Damocles, but for the club losing him has left us with no-one who truly understands what it is to be a Rovers man. If he were still there I would feel much happier about getting rid of Ince right now. He'd at least solidify the back-line. Good luck to him in his new role as goal-keeping coach at Watford.

This is a big problem at the club, we have no club men. Hughes stripped us bare but they where all his appointments, they where bound to follow him. In the summer we should have got in one or two ourselves, citing the lack of Blackburn people on staff. We are now left in the same situation, If Ince goes most of his staff will go as well the costs just keep adding up.

We must rectify this situation, letting Parkes go may have served a purpose but you knew where his loyalties where and they where with Rovers, not Hughes.

Where are our ex-players why are some of them not coaching at our club? Sherwood to Spurs fine but I'm pretty sure he's better remembered for his time with us.

JW sack some of his coaches make his position untenable, surely you could claim that Ince was incapable of doing the job/fulfilling his contract, skipping coaching courses to play golf and all that.

I think we're talking Tony Parkes the midfielder who is Assistant Manager at Blackpool.

• 1 year later...

I had some traumatic flashbacks watching his post-match interview on ITV last night:

"We played well throughout the game and it came down to making mistakes.

Against Premier League sides you get punished but we kept the belief that we could compete and if we had scored earlier it may have been different."

We needed Lady Luck in the last five minutes today and we didn't get it, but we'll crack on again next week against Swindon."

All too familiar, Guv'nor... :wacko:

I had some traumatic flashbacks watching his post-match interview on ITV last night:

"We played well throughout the game and it came down to making mistakes.

Against Premier League sides you get punished but we kept the belief that we could compete and if we had scored earlier it may have been different."

We needed Lady Luck in the last five minutes today and we didn't get it, but we'll crack on again next week against Swindon."

All too familiar, Guv'nor... :wacko:

Totally forgetting that the opposition had hit the crossbar and post on two seperate occasions to extend their lead further ..Ince the muppet, what a diabolical decision appointing this cretin was.

He put our club back at least 3-4 seasons, and undid all of the work Hughes had done. From being a top half side, we have become a lower mid-table side now, and allowed people to classify us as that. That includes the manager right now, Id say. If Allardyce had joined us initially last summer, then he wouldnt have gotten away with some of the performances or suggestions about our lack of finances, etc...

It goes to prove appointing the right manager is integral at this level.

Damn you Guv'nor.

Archived