BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

Last night I either dreamt the trustees were going to have a crisis meeting or heard it on the radio when I was asleep. This has been confirmed this morning in the Mirror so it must be true.

Some thoughts:

- Ince will stay or go but a new coach will probably be brought in very quickly to ensure any money released will keep us up. (I bet they wish Hughes was around now)

- Some players will go and their will be a couple of surprises. Warnock should be shaking in his boots!

- I wonder who the board member who pushed for the cheap option was, I hope he is quaking in his boots!

- Cash will be released like we have not seen since Uncle Jacks time!

- This could turn out to be our most exciting season ever.

- Once they decide we are staying up I suspect they will do it with a vengance and mean it.

Unless it is decided to shut the purse strings, cut their losses and run. In which case Championship Survival is all we have.

I suspect we will all know our fate in the next few days folks! GULP

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that even if the Trustees do manage to release, say, £20 million, on transfer funds there's no guaranteeing it'll be spent well. Especially with Ince in charge. Look how much money Keane has squandered at Sunderland. This money would have been so much better had it come with Hughes in charge. I have very little confidence Ince will make any good signings.

I hope, at this stage, it is to sack Ince and nothing else.

If they do release a large amount of money for transfers then I'll be stunned, if they'd done that 12 months ago we'd probably still be in Europe with Hughes in charge.

I'm horrified at the prospect of Ince having money to spend.

The problem is that even if the Trustees do manage to release, say, £20 million, on transfer funds there's no guaranteeing it'll be spent well. Especially with Ince in charge. Look how much money Keane has squandered at Sunderland. This money would have been so much better had it come with Hughes in charge. I have very little confidence Ince will make any good signings.

I think we're about to find out soon. Ince might still be moved or asked to step down. Either way once these people move everyone jumps and I suspect Ince is very worried. At least he's had the gumption to face the situation down and thats something Hughes didn't do so credit to him for that. I would make sure we had a first rate foreign coach in first to

a. Hold his hand properly (up his back) and

b. Re-organise the academy - this is the only way we won't keep hitting this type of crisis. It's 3rd world - trust me.

hopefully they will decide to get rid of Ince and his no idea backroom lower league standard staff and appoint a manager with Premier league experience who can spend it wisely and keep us in the Premiership .

If they do release a large amount of money for transfers then I'll be stunned, if they'd done that 12 months ago we'd probably still be in Europe with Hughes in charge.

I don't think sacking him is on the cards - sorry.

if all they are doing is coming over to give Ince their support and back him, we all might as well get our map books out now and start planning are trips to plymouth, Palace e.t.c.

Getting a clear idea of how many games he has to save his job then, maybe?

Anything other than giving him a big wad of cash to spend and I'll be pretty relieved to be honest.

According to THIS, he's asked for another 6 games, Le Chuck.

I assume the main discussion will be about the chances of relegation and the impact on the club. Obviously relegation will mean a loss of revenue especially in terms of TV money. Relegation would also make it almost impossible to sell the club, i know its unlikely anyone would want to buy us but being in the premier league is still a positive point in our favour.

The trustees are surely going to come to the conclusion that relegation must not happen to this club.

Then the issue is whether Ince is the one to steer us clear from our current plight, if they feel he is they have to back him financially. If they feel they need to bring someone else in then they need to do it quickly and make funds available to the new manager in January.

I still don't think Ince can turn this around and i'm not sure with his current experience he is the manager i want to see with an increased transfer budget in order to keep us in the division. His rumoured targets have left me scratching my head to say the least.

Its crucial that if funds are released we have to spend it wisely in order to stay in the premier league.

Hi Guys

In all seriousness, when you look at the other teams who are also struggling, can you realistically find the level of funds needed?

20 million is a lot in the championship but in the premier league? Especially if you consider what Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs and City are likely to spend?

I realise you guys watch the Prem week in week out so are better placed to judge than I am but if we assume WBA are gone then it looks like 2 from 13th down and bearing in mind the points you need to make up, who do you realistically think will perform a lot worse than you to take your place in the bottom 3? At this stage I'm struggling to see 2 teams who are likely to replace you at the bottom.

Christ, that article hits home how far up the creek we are, 'impending relegation' - bloody hell.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to pan out but I fear the pillock in charge will be staying and squandering whatever kitty is available on players who have had to battle adversity. Expect a bid for Oliver Twist.

Trustees, I implore you, for the good of our club, sack Paul Ince. Today.

20 million is a lot in the championship but in the premier league? Especially if you consider what Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs and City are likely to spend?

It all comes down to how you spend it. Look at Spurs who have spent well over £50 million in the last few years and what do they have to show for it? Sunderland have spent a fortune on players and are still look like nothing more than a lower half side.

We have spent a small fraction of money compared to a lot of clubs and have consistently outperformed them.

£20 million of well spent money on wise acquisitions will do better than £50 million spent on a load of rubbish.

Interesting that the Trust's definition of a crisis seems only to extend to the resale value of their asset. Is this the only thing Dave Whelan would get excited about? What happened to local pride, desire to succeed etc etc?

Executing Jack's wishes my arse.

Whilst I agree with you, its undeniable that this is good news. In a nutshell, the trustees want to ensure that Blackburn Rovers stay in the Premiership. That's what we all want. I'm not bothered what they are motivated by.

To get relegated prior to us. West Brom, Sunderland & Stoke.

Then also doubts over Newcastle (depending on funding) & Wigan.

Also probably West ham if they do some more book balancing and possibly Boro if they get an injury or two.

If we can get a goalscorer, a right winger (who can actually cross a ball) and keep Roque then we will probably finish above all of the above, however without Funding or Selling Roque to Fund it, then we will struggle.

Personally I think this board meeting will decide something different, time for Ince & Co to go and get Big Sam with his scientific methods in and maybe give him a £15m budget to work with.

Hi Guys

In all seriousness, when you look at the other teams who are also struggling, can you realistically find the level of funds needed?

I realise you guys watch the Prem week in week out so are better placed to judge than I am but if we assume WBA are gone then it looks like 2 from 13th down and bearing in mind the points you need to make up, who do you realistically think will perform a lot worse than you to take your place in the bottom 3? At this stage I'm struggling to see 2 teams who are likely to replace you at the bottom.

On our day we are just as good or better than half the teams in the division. The way we are playing though, and with the injuries we have, you are right that we are going to struggle. Main issue is a very poor defence which used to be one of our stronger areas.

Sunderland are going to sell rather than buy, Newcastle are up in the air. You are right about Spurs and City though, they will probabaly splash out. The teams we are capable of competing with if we play as well as we can and make two decent buys in the window - Stoke, Fulham, Newcastle, Wigan, Boro, Sunderland, West Ham, Fulham, Bolton. In terms of quality I think we are okay. We need morale, and a couple of creative players, and defensive organisation. This is acheivable if we have the right approach at the top.

Whilst I agree with you, its undeniable that this is good news. In a nutshell, the trustees want to ensure that Blackburn Rovers stay in the Premiership. That's what we all want. I'm not bothered what they are motivated by.

Maybe Ince isn't as thick as many on here like to make out. The squad needs an overhaul and the only thing that would open the chequebook is the spectre of relegation. Hughes, the real idiot, thought that they would want to reinforce success. But the reality is that our resale value was relatively unaffected by whether we finished 7th or 17th - the extra place money mostly went on bonuses etc anyway and we were always little Blackburn - so why would they want to give money to Hughes?

Archived