BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

They're hardly going to sack him tomorrow either as we face Utd then. Unless he goes today then don't expect to hear anything till after the Utd game.

If Rovers beat utd - then Ince maybe given a stay of execution - if Rovers lose he may be sacked. What a horrible position to be in as a supporter. Do we want Rovers to lose to get rid of Ince or Rovers to win and keep him? The best result in my view is for a Rovers victory and whilst at Old Trafford give Ince back to Utd.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Ince isn't as thick as many on here like to make out. The squad needs an overhaul and the only thing that would open the chequebook is the spectre of relegation. Hughes, the real idiot, thought that they would want to reinforce success. But the reality is that our resale value was relatively unaffected by whether we finished 7th or 17th - the extra place money mostly went on bonuses etc anyway and we were always little Blackburn - so why would they want to give money to Hughes?

Because Champions League football (which, as long ago as it seems now, was once realistic) would have increased the value of the club beyond recognition. They had to be scared in to action, which is sad in itself I agree.

Maybe Ince isn't as thick as many on here like to make out. The squad needs an overhaul and the only thing that would open the chequebook is the spectre of relegation. Hughes, the real idiot, thought that they would want to reinforce success. But the reality is that our resale value was relatively unaffected by whether we finished 7th or 17th - the extra place money mostly went on bonuses etc anyway and we were always little Blackburn - so why would they want to give money to Hughes?

Oh yes, that's a work of genius, that plan. It's a Swiss watch.

He's well on course to achieve that. Not sure where the capture of Willy Guerret fits into the broad outline, maybe it's a bit of overkill just to make sure the message is heard.

The story in the mirror also reminded other possible owners what the asking price is for Rovers - £50 million - whereas other clubs, namely West ham, Newcastle are over £100 million. If somebody wants to spend £100 million, well £50 million to buy the club, a few million to get rid of Ince and appoint a new manager and a healthy transfer budget with the rest - If only life was that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the trustees role is just to make sure Rovers remain in the premiership and that is deemed as successful completion of obligations. We may want Rovers to win this and that and qualify for the champions league etc, which would enable the club to be self sufficient financially, but this does not interest the trustees. Maybe that is beyond their obligations to the club.

Oh don't be so silly.

We have no chance of a win, it's kaput time, achtung!

We're going to get paggered big-style.

Oh wow. We'd better not bother turning up then if that's the case. Given that it's 90 minutes to a semi-final and possibly a further 90 minutes to a cup final let's just capitulate before we even go.

I can't go because it's too damn expensive but I still want my team to win.

Didn't you hear? ince said it's scary when you see Man utd's or Arsenal's team-sheet, and we have no chance competing with him because we don't have the resources.

I don't want to compete with Ince...

This is the silliest pair of posts I've read in ages. Please put your foot in your mouth again and say something else foolish?

Every game is an opportunity to win. Come on the Rovers!

Oh wow. We'd better not bother turning up then if that's the case. Given that it's 90 minutes to a semi-final and possibly a further 90 minutes to a cup final let's just capitulate before we even go.

I can't go because it's too damn expensive but I still want my team to win.

What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!

The semi final is two legs ;)

What a load of crap!!!!!!!!!!

The semi final is two legs ;)

Bugger... 180 minutes then! :D (Plus extra time and pens if needed of course...)

Alright, you know what I meant. How pathetic.

We'll just see what the result is come Wednesday night, won't we?

Would you like us to win tomorrow or not?

Where did I say that I didn't want us to win?

Pick that quote out for me, Einstein, your chi's on fire so I must've said it for you to bring it up.

Yes, I'd love us to win on Wednesday then beat whoever's in the semi-final then watch Ryan nelsen go up the steps to pick up the trophy.

No, I am not smoking bananas, so i just cannot see it happening.

I'd love to have my wicked way with a tied-and-bound elle Macpherson, but I don't really see it happening. It's possible, but not really likely.

Is that clear enough?

Where did I say that I didn't want us to win?

Pick that quote out for me, Einstein, your chi's on fire so I must've said it for you to bring it up.

Yes, I'd love us to win on Wednesday then beat whoever's in the semi-final then watch Ryan nelsen go up the steps to pick up the trophy.

No, I am not smoking bananas, so i just cannot see it happening.

I'd love to have my wicked way with a tied-and-bound elle Macpherson, but I don't really see it happening. It's possible, but not really likely.

Is that clear enough?

Ah, you answered my question then... I didn't pick a quote out 'Einstein' because I asked a LEGITIMATE question.

I can't be arsed with this purile and silly argument. You're SO damn negative.

Take a look at your reply to alexanders post about always wanting your club to win. You said 'Oh don't be so silly'. Jesus.

I overwhelmingly want us to win tomorrow, for obvious reasons. But if we lose, I want us to lose badly, so we can wake up the men in charge just a little bit more so they'll do something about the situation.

I'd say that's a fair stance.

Ince will still come out after the match and say lady luck is against us i bet!!!!!!

Didn't you hear? ince said it's scary when you see Man utd's or Arsenal's team-sheet, and we have no chance competing with him because we don't have the resources.

One of my biggest bugbears about Ince that. Our capitulations against three of the big four have been pitifull and embarassing.

We need to get The Carling Cup out of the way and concentrate on more important matters. We'll get royally gubbed by Manyoo and to be honest I dont really care that much.

Ah, you answered my question then... I didn't pick a quote out 'Einstein' because I asked a LEGITIMATE question.

I can't be arsed with this purile and silly argument. You're SO damn negative.

Take a look at your reply to alexanders post about always wanting your club to win. You said 'Oh don't be so silly'. Jesus.

I apologise for dragging dow the level of the conversation, but I'd just had my first coffee of the day.

Yes, I am SO bloody negative. Well spotted.

It's not that I'm hoping we lose, but I'm expecting us to. We can all hope, hope is a great thing, but ...

- We are in a dire run of form

- I expect Man Utd to play a strong team, and to take the game seriously

- It's an away game

- We are shipping goals at an alarming rate

- They've already peed all over us this season, and that was a home game where we were lucky just to concede 2.

I want my team to do well, and my negativity stems from the sheer frustration of watching what is happening to my club.

If we beat Man Utd, fantastic, I will be the first to dance down the street. But I'm afraid I just can't see it at all.

Archived