BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would the trustees give money to a no hoper to squander recklessly, surely they should insist on a new manager first?

Do you have anything new to contribute to this debate at all?

How many pigging coaches do we need?

If Ince has backing for games after Liverpool, that means it won't matter if we get stuffed on Saturday, he'll still have a job.

I've lost confidence in Ince but I dont really feel that he's over burdened with coaches in comparison with other managers. How many members of the Tafia were there?

Seems like some people will jump on absolutely anything now and that hardly helps.

Do you have anything new to contribute to this debate at all?

I've lost confidence in Ince but I dont really feel that he's over burdened with coaches in comparison with other managers. How many members of the Tafia were there?

Seems like some people will jump on absolutely anything now and that hardly helps.

When did you become a Moderator? <_<

Unlike some of the other members on this board, I feel that this meeting is to discuss how to change the current situation regarding Paul Ince. Contrary to reports, I just can't see them bringing in another coach to help Ince. If he's not good enough, he is not good enough and one more coach isn't likely to make a clean break from the amateur setup we currently have. If action is to be taken, the board and JW need to have some balls and make a clean cut from Ince. In the words of Alan Partridge, give him a painting of a spitfire and move on....

Back in the Summer, I was happy to have taken Ince over Allardyce but i'll hold my hands up and say it was the wrong decision.

This situation seems worse if you consider the following. With any other 'decent' coach who goes on a poor run of games, the fans may still be divided between those who can clearly see the coach has the ability to turn things around and those who simply want the pain to end. However, the problem with Ince for me isn't the terrible run (which our first team is more than capable of getting out player for player) but the fact that he has been completely exposed, this winless run has only further exposed his limits and any fan who thinks any differently simply hasn't seen much of the Rovers of late.

I think the only thing keeping Ince in a job is that the board know our players are good enough to get out of this position. If we didn't have the quality players, he would have already gone. Such mismanagement of them (where do you start!) has got Ince in this mess to start with and it will be his undoing.

My only hope is that the board realise their error and modify it swiftly before we gamble our long-term future. Ince may have the raw ability of a good coach (in some people's opinions) but this step-up has been too much for him at once and if anything was to come out of this meeting my wish is that we save our money for a manager who knows what he's doing and the board have pencilled in the Liverpool game as the last straw.

Who else is absolutely distraught with Ince's assumption that the Liverpool game is already a foregone conclusion?! All those who back Ince need to be realistic and understand that a change needs to be made.

I understand how some fans want us to lose badly if we are to lose tonight just to see this as the last straw. To those of us who remain defiant and unblinkered, the day is always the darkest before the dawn.

One of the papers saying JW and Ince held talks yesterday and the outcome is that he still retains JW's support as Ince believes we have a series of winnable games after Liverpool AND that a new coach must be added to the team...

Ah - the vote of confidence eh? Good

There has been a reshuffle among the coaching team from what I hear...I would expect Carl Robinson, the former Liverpool youth guy, to be more prominent.

It sounds like Archie Knox may be less of an influence.

I don't think there will be a major new arrival in that department.

So the Sunday People story was fairly accurate.

The Trustees did have a meeting...all that I heard from that was that there won't be too much money available.

And, no, I don't think it was scheduled. People were flying out from the Rovers end in something of an unexpected rush.

There has been a reshuffle among the coaching team from what I hear...I would expect Carl Robinson, the former Liverpool youth guy, to be more prominent.

The Trustees did have a meeting...all that I heard from that was that there won't be too much money available.

And, no, I don't think it was scheduled. People were flying out from the Rovers end in something of an unexpected rush.

This just goes from bad to worse.

What happened to the Bentley money?! We recieved around £11 million worth of money and only spent around £5 million of it, plus the Trustees gave the extra £3 million..surely there should be £9-10 million available?!

How come?

What about the Bentley money?

Perhaps the board are saving their money for the time being until they see that Ince can improve the players himself? I mean which other board would indicate that their under-fire manager who is seemingly on the verge of an exit is going to be able to spend his way out of trouble in a time which his empolyment may have already been terminated? I think thats a shrewd decision by the board and JW who want to keep their cards close to their chest.

Perhaps the board are saving their money for the time being until they see that Ince can improve the players himself? I mean which other board would indicate that their under-fire manager who is seemingly on the verge of an exit is going to be able to spend his way out of trouble in a time which his empolyment may have already been terminated? I think thats a shrewd decision by the board and JW who want to keep their cards close to their chest.

Hope ur right.

Thanks for this Nicko but...

1. Talking to a Liverpool scout recently - he said he was glad Robinson had gone and how impressed he was with the Dutch guy they brought in to re-organise the youth side. Admitted they were years behind MU. Bad.

2. Archie Knox - well I think that might be a part of the problem so good.

3. WHERE'S all the money gone.

Overall - a settling despair - looks like they've given up and gone for championship obscurity to get out quietly to me.

Probably helping to prop up some credit crunch hit company in the Trustee's portfolio.

They don't look too cash strapped as an organisation though.

If we really can't afford a ten million pound transfer kitty then that is pretty disgraceful. Where has all the Bentley money, the money from the increased TV deal, last years minimal spending?

I suppose the way they must be looking at it is that if we do manage to stay up we are going to lose 5m odd in league plaicings.

Alternatively, and what I hope, is that they were not going to release any more money until he shows he has some talent for picking a player. And therefore will give the new manager some money.

I am beginning to come round to the thinking that the Trustees are actually trying to get a profit out of the club. Which is mental!

One would hope that the comically-bearded Mr Robinson, if promoted, will keep better hours than last week, when after enjoying the hospitality in a box at the Liverpool Marseille game with Robbie Fowler, the pair taxi'ed into the city centre to revel further at John Aldridge's bar before finally emerging into the night air at after 2am. With training at Brockhall at 9.30 prompt the following day.

And yet Ince hold Fowler up as a professional example - Oh dear!

Right, from teh official website, we have got:-

- Manager

- Assistant Manager

- First team coach

- assistant first team coach

- Senior Fitness Coach

- Fitness coach

- Defensive coach

- 2 physios

- Club doctor

- 2 Masseur's

- Reserve team manager

and this is before we take on this fitness coach from Leicester.

Are you seriously telling me this is not an over-loaded coaching staff?

This is driving me N-U-T-S. This is jobs for the boys. 13 first team staff, what a joke.

No way on earth did Hughes have this many.

You wonder what? Whether it was their first team, reserves or youth team? It was hardly a top 4 side. We should of done the same to them last season but Hughes blew that one.

Wonder, because we wouldn't have played like Burnley last night.

It was a graphic illustration of how you can play 'in your face' football yet still keep the ball on the ground and pass through the opposition.

And the final 'I wonder' is how much of a better job Owen Coyle would do than the present hapless incumbent. We have not come remotely close to playing as the hated Clarets played last night, not shown anywhere near the same skill or passion and that's a damning indictment on the club.

Do you think we'd have beaten Burnley last night playing as they did? They'd have probably done us 4 or 5.

Disgraceful if true, where the hell has the Bentley money gone?!... :angry:

Looking like Roque is going to be sold if Ince wants to spend any cash in January. Even then i doubt the manager will get even half the money from a Roque sale.

What is the point of selling your best players if you don't make all funds available to find decent replacements? Roque is a top class player, top class players aren't cheap to replace.

Thanks Hughsey, it is coach (edited now).

Anyone have a name? Steve Walsh, Shakespeare, taggert? They don't even have a fitness coach listed on there website?

Oh there's definitely more coaches now than there were under Hughes. And I don't think any of them are pro qualified.

I don't believe they are although Knox maybe?

A Re-shuffle is not what is needed if this is the route we are going to take then changes need to be made, CHANGES Ie more than one. Knox, Winterburn, Army man can all go.

Look at it this way. The trustees want to offload for 50m. Nobody will pay that much so the sale of our assets is the only option of getting the money they require. With Bentley, Hughes and Brad gone for 15m or so, with RSC, Warnock and Samba worth an est 25m-30m, and all of a sudden they are nearly there with still plenty of the family silver intact.

OK BRFC will have to return to their natural level instead of defying gravity forever but who with any influence in all this really cares?

Archived