BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trustees Crisis Meeting

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Merely confirm my suspicions that the Trustees are not bothered whether the club is relegated or not.

The unresolved problem of Rovers' long-term ownership is the root cause of the team's present plight.

Can't they see its in their own financial interests for us to stay up? We would only ever sell at a bargain basement price as a struggling "Championship" team.

IF what we read today regarding Nicko's post and the LT article is correct, then I despair.

Tinkering is all it is. Changing coaches? Well the coaches didn't sell in the summer and replace them with the likes of Simpson, Grella, Villa, Fowler and Andrews, - did they? They don't pick the team and dictate the tactics - do they? These are the problems. Changing coaches will do very, very little to improve this squad.

Trustees making a "little" money available - well yippee.

Decisive actions are needed, not faffing around while we sink out of the Premier League.

They should either back him in January with good money, or sack him. One way or the other.

Well, they haven't been able to find a buyer whilst we've been a Premiership team. so we sure as hell won't find a buyer in the Championship.

I guess they might reduce their losses if we were a perpetual Championship mid-table side. However, surely this can't be what they're thinking?

And certainly I couldn't imagine Jack Walker wanting this for the club.

If we are so short of investment, would it not have been sensible for JW to appoint a manager who could spot a bargain a sell them on for a profit, also make sure the new manager could keep us ticking over in the Premiership, I'm sure it is not to much to expect is it?

This is turning into quite a farce if what Nicko says is to be believed (which is usually the case), the board are now looking very "Re-Active" to the situation that Rovers are in at the moment as opposed to being "Pro-Active" (sorry for the cliche) which they should have been a month ago...

What benefit (if any) is shuffling about of the backroom coaching staff going to achieve on the pitch were it counts, the questions of who Ince was taking with him on his journey should have been asked months ago when the appointments were made, not now when the sh1t is well and truely hitting the rotating device.

The Board / Trustees / Whatever need to wake up and realise that if a serious change in personnel and investment are not undertaken immediately, that they are going to lose a seriously large amount of money, which is entirely down to the incompetent / irrelevant (?) way that the Club has been handled for the past few years with it's serious lack of investment and actually putting money where their mouths are.

Fair enough Ince cannot be blamed for the almost Shylock behaviour of our patrons, but YES he can be blamed for the appointment of the standard of coaching staff he has surrounded himself and the incompetent methods of how he is managing the team. He is not ready yet to take the job on as a Premier League Manager, surely he cannot be that bloody minded not to realise he is well out of his depth and should do the right thing now and give the club a fighting chance to remain in the Premier League.

Hard times call for hard decisions and it looks to me that the men at the top aren't willing or hard enough to do this.

I've had a thought on the whole "new coach scenario" and as odd as it may sound, it would not be a bad ploy. Now I realise its a little harsh on Ince and it is but I've seen worse.

How would you react if your bosses told you to sack your staff and replace them because they where not deemed good enough? Will he stand by them, you would expect him too, they where his choices. I wonder if this is the first sign that the club may look to force Ince to quit. It would be the cheapest option!!

I'm sure there have been similar scenario's before and will be again, pretty sure most managers would walk if it was posed to them.

I wonder, but as I said it was a passing thought I don't see JW endorsing it.

The "Bentley money" is probably being used to balance the books. The club makes a loss year on year.

That is of course if it isnt being made available - and lets face it -do we seriously think that someone who attended a meeting this morning has had time to talk to anyone about it?

I've had a thought on the whole "new coach scenario" and as odd as it may sound, it would not be a bad ploy. Now I realise its a little harsh on Ince and it is but I've seen worse.

How would you react if your bosses told you to sack your staff and replace them because they where not deemed good enough? Will he stand by them, you would expect him too, they where his choices. I wonder if this is the first sign that the club may look to force Ince to quit. It would be the cheapest option!!

I'm sure there have been similar scenario's before and will be again, pretty sure most managers would walk if it was posed to them.

I wonder, but as I said it was a passing thought I don't see JW endorsing it.

Ince isn't most managers (far less competent for a start). He'll hang on until he gets his payout. His only thought will be himself. If not, and he goes, i'll apologise. Still have the best of both worlds, though!

Ince isn't most managers (far less competent for a start). He'll hang on until he gets his payout. His only thought will be himself. If not, and he goes, i'll apologise. Still have the best of both worlds, though!

What can I say Jan just an Idea, our current plight even had me hoping the trustees (for all those struggling) would step up. The light at the end of the tunnel seems rather faint at present.

they dont have to give "too much money". they have to give enough. 10m or so should be enough if ince and the scouts know where to look. go to africa. bring in some talent from there. the good ones are cheap and fit.

if ince try for another fowler, then why dont he just pull on a shirt himself? would be just as good.

what :o me is when we lost to spurs, ince and ray commented that we did a good game and were unlucky not to get a point or three. if that performance is what they think of as "good" then what would we lose by getting fat sam in?

oh well. we could have won at pompey, i'll give him that.

but we wont win without a better midfield. as of now we have no good ones on there. emerton, andrews, mokoena, gamst mk2/treacy. pretty far from bentley, savage, dunn, gamst mk1.

You know I was using it in a Shakespearian context Stew!

Trying to sh*t stir get some bloody work done or at least a game of GOW2...

:D

errm think you'll find that use of personal information is against mb rules! Please dont do it again!

And since you are into the personal insults, well maybe you can put some of your posting energy into actually visiting ewood park once this season eh? How many visits did you make last season?

No need for me to do any work at the moment so I might try out a game of gears. By the way, I must admit its good to see that your government-contracted employers allow you so much free time to spend browsing the net to do "research". How many government IT projects are running over-budget and behind schedule?

Well of course you were using "Shylock" in the Shakespearian context. I am not aware of any other context that it could be used. However it is the meaning that you were trying to convey that is the important point. You were trying to compare the fiscal behaviour of BRFC's owners with a fictional, jewish-venetian character portrayed as an evil usurer preying on naive christians. Now some could very well view your statement as anti-semitic because it associated a negative human trait as a characteristic of a "person" who is defined by his Jewishness (i.e. he is not just the money-lender but specifically the jewish money-lender).

My original comment may have been a little tongue-in-cheek (after all I am a libertarian anarchist at heart and believe that freedom of thought/speech are paramount) nevertheless it does highlight the ridiculous inconsistencies that we now have regarding the application of equality/diversity policies in this so-called democracy. After all if baa-baa black sheep and enid blyton can be banned from our schools surely its about time we freed our children from the accursed, primitive works (Merchant of Venice and Othello for starters) of the elizabethan proto-fascist!?

errm think you'll find that use of personal information is against mb rules! Please dont do it again!

And since you are into the personal insults, well maybe you can put some of your posting energy into actually visiting ewood park once this season eh? How many visits did you make last season?

No need for me to do any work at the moment so I might try out a game of gears. By the way, I must admit its good to see that your government-contracted employers allow you so much free time to spend browsing the net to do "research". How many government IT projects are running over-budget and behind schedule?

Well of course you were using "Shylock" in the Shakespearian context. I am not aware of any other context that it could be used. However it is the meaning that you were trying to convey that is the important point. You were trying to compare the fiscal behaviour of BRFC's owners with a fictional, jewish-venetian character portrayed as an evil usurer preying on naive christians. Now some could very well view your statement as anti-semitic because it associated a negative human trait as a characteristic of a "person" who is defined by his Jewishness (i.e. he is not just the money-lender but specifically the jewish money-lender).

My original comment may have been a little tongue-in-cheek (after all I am a libertarian anarchist at heart and believe that freedom of thought/speech are paramount) nevertheless it does highlight the ridiculous inconsistencies that we now have regarding the application of equality/diversity policies in this so-called democracy. After all if baa-baa black sheep and enid blyton can be banned from our schools surely its about time we freed our children from the accursed, primitive works (Merchant of Venice and Othello for starters) of the elizabethan proto-fascist!?

LOL!

Hell fire you are bored mate fire up that fecking Xbox!

For information Stew Damage lives about 3 doors up from me, we all have our crosses to bare eh?

As for attendance record yeh it is poor but that cannot be helped in these financially limited times, well all the more limited since moving onto the same Close as you matey!

;)

Archived