BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be the optimist then - 0-1 Kuyt, fairly early, but then they'll fail to capitalise and for about ten minutes we'll look like a proper football club who can work as a team.

Don't know what's come over me, this is crazy talk.

Must be the cold sea air ^_^

Liverpool can't score at the moment, start Mokoena and tell him to destroy Gerrard and the game is ours!

In all seriousness I have no idea of how this game is going to go, no doubt we are terrible right now but at least we are coming up with a few goals here and there.

Liverpool have struggled for goals as of late, Torres is missing, however you'd certainly expect them to find the net against our shakey defence.

Liverpool have their best ever chance of winning the premiership so surely their going to mess it up when they have 3 points for the taking? I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked it 1-0, saying that if they get an early goal it could easily be a 4-1 romp!

Liverpool can't score at the moment, start Mokoena and tell him to destroy Gerrard and the game is ours!

In all seriousness I have no idea of how this game is going to go, no doubt we are terrible right now but at least we are coming up with a few goals here and there.

Liverpool have struggled for goals as of late, Torres is missing, however you'd certainly expect them to find the net against our shakey defence.

Liverpool have their best ever chance of winning the premiership so surely their going to mess it up when they have 3 points for the taking? I wouldn't be surprised if we nicked it 1-0, saying that if they get an early goal it could easily be a 4-1 romp!

Don't forget we've scored 4 goals in 7 Premier League home games.

Like many other on here, I'm not looking forward to it at all, however as I have ST in the BBE and out of morbid fascination I'll go and I'll sing. (Although not with any that contain "Ince")

As for the result, quite frankly, I think we'll get humped, our defence will open their charity shop earlier tha normal, after we have huffed and puffed for 5 minutes after which, we will then capitulate.

Keane, Kuyt and everyone else will fill their boots and we will have to listen to the mousers sing all afternoon whilst fettling with their scarves, like they did when they got their Harry Enfield haircuts, In the 70's.

When there is a sufficient distance in the score, and / or Mr Blobby gets on and / or the substitutions get even more ridiculous than they have of late, It will then get ugly in the BBE and I'll join in as I would have had it to the very pit of my stomach with this joke management team that IMHO is now ripping the heart from our club.

At this point, If there are any Ince Out signs available, I'll hold it, the stewards and the cops will then have to drag it from my cold, dead fingers if they want it off me.

Goodnight Ince.

Where is Tony Parkes when you need him, Oh yes, almost forgot, Mark "The Messiah" Hughes, emptied him out in a similar fashion to how foreign contract cleaners would have been treated in the City.

I know Tony Parkes is a well loved veteran at Ewood, but from what I heard towards the end he wasn't involved much with the Hughes regime. So instead of humouring him, Hughes decided it would be more respectful to let him go.

I know Tony Parkes is a well loved veteran at Ewood, but from what I heard towards the end he wasn't involved much with the Hughes regime. So instead of humouring him, Hughes decided it would be more respectful to let him go.

There are 2 ways of doing things, they (MH & Co.) took the "Wrong" option, As I believe we reminded them all @ City all afternoon if I'm not mistaken

Not sure respect is the word you can use to describe quite how he let him go though.

As I mentioned in another thread, Ince does not appear to be that positive ahead of the Liverpool game. Like the way he says 'might' get some points in the 5/6 games post Liverpool....

Ince, who refused to appear for the customary press conference after the defeat by United, said. “Liverpool are going for the Premier League so that’s going to be very tough, but we’ve got five or six games after that where we might get some points

Tony Parkes is a legend and all that, but getting rid of him was the right thing to do. He was a bit of a fossil and he was getting worse every time he was caretaker. Parkes was the past then, and ancient history now.

The manner in which he was sacked was damned awful and underhand though.

Guest Kamy100

Football is a funny old game as someone once said!!! I don't know why (maybe it is the happy pills I am taking) got a feeling we'll win on Saturday.

Tony Parkes is a legend and all that, but getting rid of him was the right thing to do. He was a bit of a fossil and he was getting worse every time he was caretaker. Parkes was the past then, and ancient history now.

The manner in which he was sacked was damned awful and underhand though.

It was disgraceful to be honest. Tony Parkes will always be a legend and well remembered by Rovers fans, or he deserves to be. 6 times caretaker manager...

Football is a funny old game as someone once said!!! I don't know why (maybe it is the happy pills I am taking) got a feeling we'll win on Saturday.

It will be the first time a win against Liverpool will be received by dismay by many on this MB - as many would prefer to see Rovers lose - and Ince go. Me I just want to see us win for a damned change. It may extend Ince's tenure - but it won't be by too many games if the win doesn't galvanise the team into winning the next few games.

I too don't know why - maybe my heart is ruling my head - but a surprise may be on the cards.

We are going to get pillaged

I hope for a miracle, I still wish Ince could turn it around as I think IN TIME he will still be a qulaity manager, but I think the scousers are going to extend the lead at the top of the table.

Funny old game football but we haven't got a hope in hell.

Liverpool will dominate the midfield and create so many chances against our defense, we could be on the wrong end of a hiding!

Our midfield will be 80 metres away from our strikers, players will be played out of position again and tactically we won't have a clue.

Ince will need bullet proof glass, body guards and an escape route. I can see some nasty scenes at Ewood and it won't be pretty.

Ince will be finished as our manager, game over.

As I mentioned in another thread, Ince does not appear to be that positive ahead of the Liverpool game. Like the way he says 'might' get some points in the 5/6 games post Liverpool....

Ince, who refused to appear for the customary press conference after the defeat by United, said. “Liverpool are going for the Premier League so that’s going to be very tough, but we’ve got five or six games after that where we might get some points

I think he'll get them and if it doesn't work out he'll go - he's more or less set himself a target there.

It was disgraceful to be honest. Tony Parkes will always be a legend and well remembered by Rovers fans, or he deserves to be. 6 times caretaker manager...

It would pick up the morale of the fans no end and make no bones about it he's an astute football manager. Blackpool were going nowhere until he got there.

It would pick up the morale of the fans no end and make no bones about it he's an astute football manager. Blackpool were going nowhere until he got there.

I'd be thoroughly depressed if Parkes was brought back. Great bloke and a true Rovers legend but his time has gone. Hughes was correct to make the decision to get rid of him but the Board handled it terribly.

As for tomorrow's game, the fans have to get behind the team from the off. We need to start getting some points on the board, and if we don't get anything on Saturday it's one game less to play with.

I hope the team shows some spirit and passion. I hope Ince shows the fighting qualities he displayed in abundance as a player and proves me completely wrong to write him off after Wednesday night's display.

If that doesn't happen there might be a decision to be made but let's give it everything on Saturday on and off the pitch and see what happens.

Archived