BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool Preview

Cocker

Im sorry but I was mellowing down and looking forward to tomorrow then Im listening to the Ince media conference on BBC's website and at about 5:00 the media tell him that people will get off his back if we beat Liverpool and Ince breaks into a chuckle and says thats easier said than done.

WTF kind of response is that from the manager of any professional club let alone one in such a precarious situation?

He must be banned from talking to the media.

All I know is if I was listening to that and I was any of the players Id lose all confidence.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reading his quotes in the paper its like as if he has given up this game and doesnt expect to get anything-as he says the next games after it are basically what he should be judged on..

its like he is giving up on getting anything from the liverpool game-if he showed belief in the players to get something out the game we probably would get something out of it..but i dont think we will..

This game is too much for us. We might as well write it off. Just gve it up. When people suggest the possibility of an upset we should have a wey chuckle to ourselves and mutter "easier said than done" before dribbling on about money...

At least that is the Ince way.

I do not care how difficult it might be but I do not recall Hughes ever being so defeatist towards any game during his reign. That does not make Hughes the greatest manager ever but it does show that he had the right attitude and looked to aim high rather than desperately trying to cover his back to protect his job.

Managers are there to train their players in the best way possible, intill confidence and know the transfer marker so as to be able to slowly but surely strengthen.

As all of this is beyond Ince despite being paid the royal sum of 1.5million per annum to do so then there will be chants and demonstrations against the current managerial regime at Ewood on Saturday whether anyone on here likes it or not, Surely if it brings the board to their sense and gives us a chance of beating relegation then it will all be worth it?

I think it’s a really bad move to write off a game publicly as it will just send a bad message to the players. Its more likely than not that the players will take this a sign not to bust a gut or work hard to try and get something from this game.

There’s nothing wrong deep down in Ince thinking we aren't going to get anything from this game, but to state it publicly is a stupid thing to do and will only backfire.

Personally I would be telling the players if you work hard you can beat this Liverpool side. By closing them down, press hard, play the basics and who knows we could get something from this game. Imagine the boost the players would get by beating the league leaders and it would set us up nicely going into our upcoming fixtures.

By taking a negative point of view it’s making our job much harder going into this game and will ultimately make it harder to turn our league troubles around.

He should have kept comments like these to himself.

if he comments like that its not really going to help the players..

last season when our players was up for it we could give any top 4 side a game.under ince its different-hes given up before a ball has been kicked..

the players will be thinking"if the manager doesnt believe we can get anything why should we"..

Thanks for the link Mum.

I have spent years fighting racism and inequality, I thought that Ince was a good choice...... I was wrong. What I see at Rovers is a complete lack of leadership; people like John Williams need to be public with their views, and vocal and show leadership. Please BRFC speak to us fans and tell us if you have a plan. If not then please SOD OFF asap.

SACK INCE

SACK THE GIMP

If we get stuffed on Saturday it will be hell. and BRFC Board members it is aimed ot YOU.

and more

This is really worrying stuff in my opinion. Firstly we get Fowler, a person who I personally would not wish anywhere near my football club for non footballing reasons and ditto for footballing reasons; then we sign an injury prone midfielder who has hardly been seen since; another from a lower league (to give him his due, he has tried); strange tactics and players out of position, unfathomable substitutions and a fairly rapid descent to nineteenth place and there is a conspiracy? I am a fairly patient woman but even I have my limits.

thanks again Mum.

Sourness......I hope not; that would just abou sum up Rovers and the lack of ambition.

They need to realise that the club is in in free fall an we are deep in the poo.

THINK BIG PLEASE JOHN WILLIIAMS: if not then sh@t beckons !!

For me Souness would be a good move if he was paired with Tugay (*as long as Toogs is getting his coaching badges!) OK things went a little tistup for Souey in the last 12 months at the club, but his impact on arrival and the success we enjoyed with a basically similar playing staff make me think he could do it again.

Ah well, just waiting for the fun and games to kick off tomorrow..

C'mon ROVERS!

Mike, the suggestion is that we get Souness until the end of the season. There aren't many options at the moment.

Dennis

I respect you a lot mate. We need to focus on the defence and get the basics right.... and whilst I detest the blokes but either BFS or Sournes can achieive that; even if they are wallies.

What follows is important. However the basics are vital, whether I like it or not, and that is to shut up at the back then focus at the front.

PS. can I have the job ?

Dennis

I respect you a lot mate. We need to focus on the defence and get the basics right.... and whilst I detest the blokes but either BFS or Sournes can achieive that; even if they are wallies.

What follows is important. However the basics are vital, whether I like it or not, and that is to shut up at the back then focus at the front.

PS. can I have the job ?

You couldn't do any worse Mike :lol:

What you say is blatantly obvious, why can't Ince see it?

Surely it's a kind of win-win situation tommorrow.

We win the game and get three points we climb out of the relegation zone, we lose and surely Ince will get sacked.

Liverpool aren't toally convincing at times and look a bit short upfront without Torres. All we need to do his take Gerrard out early on and we're sorted. Although they've got that Robbie Keane fellow who always scores against and his due some Premiership goals after a number of bad misses in recent games.

Optimistic and probably stupid prediction from me Rovers 1, Liverpool 1. With Keane scoring for them and Derbyshire scoring for us.

I have spent years fighting racism and inequality, I thought that Ince was a good choice...... I was wrong. What I see at Rovers is a complete lack of leadership; people like John Williams need to be public with their views, and vocal and show leadership. Please BRFC speak to us fans and tell us if you have a plan. If not then please SOD OFF asap.

SACK INCE

SACK THE GIMP

If we get stuffed on Saturday it will be hell. and BRFC Board members it is aimed ot YOU.

Not a great choice of words to describe Ince considering your opening line.

Is McCarthy fit? I was surprised to see him in the Trafford Centre around 7.15pm last night. I would have thought Friday night before a game would be about something other than shopping?

Not a great choice of words to describe Ince considering your opening line.

Is McCarthy fit? I was surprised to see him in the Trafford Centre around 7.15pm last night. I would have thought Friday night before a game would be about something other than shopping?

Maybe he needed some new shoes for the game ? :)

Ince is down to his last couple of games now. If we lose this one, the next few games will be the "win or you're fired" type. Because, regardless of whose fault it is, bottom of the league calls for drastic movements.

So that's the situation in front of Ince. We mucked it up in games against Sunderland, Boro and the like, and now we have to do it vs Liverpool. Find a way Ince and prove your doubters wrong, or else the axe is coming down.

Here is the team that ended their terrible run against Liverpool in 1996/97:

Flowers, Kenna, Sherwood, Hendry, Le Saux, Gallacher, Wilcox, Sutton, McKinlay, Berg, Flitcroft SUBS: Bohinen, Ripley, Marker, Fenton and Given.

I don't think a single player from that side would fail to get in our current starting eleven. Ironically the only player who played that day who might play today is Robbie Fowler!

I feel sorry for Ince - yes he is out of his depth, but just compare our team now to the one above - and the one above only stayed up thanks to Tony Parkes turning them round.

Archived