BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roy Keane

benhben

Eamon Dunphy on SSN talking about Roy Keane: too inexperienced, completely out of his depth managing at Premiership level, wasted money, wanted to spend too much on new players, poor signings - he was saying all this creates instability at the club.

Sound familar????

I'll be gutted if Sunderland get Allardyce. He's the ideal choice for us. No way would Ince have the dignity to walk away like Keane has, so we need JW & the board to take the initiative. If they muck around with giving Ince more games (he's already proved his incompetence beyond any doubt!) and in the meantime Sunderland get Allardyce, I'll be very cross! :angry:

Get ready to be cross then. Maybe they will approach Mick McCarthy??

One advantage of McCarthy going to Sunderland is A) it takes him a while to get settled in clubs. So you can expect Sunderland to stay pretty low in the table... B) Kightly and Ebanks-Blake could be more achievable to sign... ;)

I'll be gutted if Sunderland get Allardyce. He's the ideal choice for us. No way would Ince have the dignity to walk away like Keane has, so we need JW & the board to take the initiative. If they muck around with giving Ince more games (he's already proved his incompetence beyond any doubt!) and in the meantime Sunderland get Allardyce, I'll be very cross! :angry:

They will allow Ince his final bow with a game against one of his old clubs - liverpool - and then sack him on monday following.

It is ironic that sunderland are down near the bottom with rovers yet the sunderland fans are gutted Keane has left - do we really believe Keane is worse than Ince??????????

He resigned so if your bet is for being sacked you could still be in the money

Afraid not, it's usually termed "next manager to leave" so it also covers someone leaving voluntarily for another job or for any other reason as well as a sacking.

As for Ince, I wouldn't expect him to walk out and hope he carries on battling to prove everyone wrong. I think Keane has shown himself to be a bit of a bottler by walking out. Ince can at least show he is made of sterner stuff than that whatever the eventual outcome.

It's the Board's job to remove him if it sees fit..

I would say he walked out, he has another job organised, by money is on Keane replacing Ince after the Liverpool game.

I think that if you might as well (Please don't use that word again) the club you should do it the best way possible.

As Eamon Dunphy, who co-wrote Roy Keane's autobiography, says in the video below: "The problem is that people are offered jobs in the Premiership that they are not equipped to do."

That may also apply to Paul Emerson Ince as well, who took on the Rovers job without the required coaching qualifications.

Video link here

A piece in today's Daily Telegraph, in the link below, claims that Keane's hardline managerial methods alienated many players within the Sunderland squad and that some of the players celebrated Keane's departure.

Link: "He ruled by fear".

Sam Allardyce is the clear bookies favourite to take over from Keane.

Latest Sunderland manager betting odds here

• 2 months later...

Anyone else seen Keane's comments today on why he left Sunderland, quite an interesting read, especially bits about Clive Clarke and the fact that he bought someone who he knew was bad news from the start but signed him as he needed some extra bodies.

"Keane also revealed he ended up signing players he did not want, in order to make up numbers in his squad.

"I had one player asking who else I was signing. I should have told him there and then to get out of my office. But I signed him. We needed bodies," he said.

"He got a contract for too much. You learn. If the word about a player is he is bad news, well, then he will be bad news."

Considering he initally said he never wanted him and then the fact that Spit hardly ever played for them it makes me wonder if that's the player he's talking about?

Check out, http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4958817,00.html for the full article.

"He got a contract for too much. You learn. If the word about a player is he is bad news, well, then he will be bad news."

Aside from Kenwyne Jones, which Sunderland player didn't have "bad news" written all over his figurative body?

I haven't read Keane's comments but I can still clarify something. You messed up at Sunderland primarily because you have substandard intellect for the job. And that's saying something considering the paltry intellects that have and continue to "do a job" in the Premier League.

Seems a reasonable question to me and one that any ambitious player would ask.

Yes don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend Keane, if I was moving to a potentially relegation battling club I'd be interested in the future plans as well.

His comments about Clive Clarke and no pun intended here definitely seem a bit heartless. He may not have been his favourite player but to say that about someone who has just had a heart attack is pretty damn harsh.

Saying that this is the same man that purposely ended Alfe Inge Haaland's career and pulled no punches about admitting it. It's a wonder really why he wasn't locked up for it, I've never actually read the autobiography or he comments in detail, if anyone has a link to the quotes about that partcular incident I'd be very interested to see it.

I agree LeChuck, Chimbonda is a good shout too.

I also wonder if Keane thinks the same about the £100,000 a week he was on at Man Utd which I'm sure he feels he earnt every penny of!

Archived