BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Song About Brfc

hawkiiz

I hope this is the right place to post, and that the song will cheer some of you up :)

(i havent had the chance to listen yet, sorry)

follow this link http://www.brscn.com/nyheter.asp?action=visNyhet&id=3302 to the norwegian rovers fansite.

then right click the link at the bottom and save as.

and yes, it is legal. the band wanted us to spread it around :D

Hawkiiz - Thats a cooool song!!

Keep the blue flag flying high.

One love - BRFC

I hope this is the right place to post, and that the song will cheer some of you up :)

(i havent had the chance to listen yet, sorry)

follow this link http://www.brscn.com/nyheter.asp?action=visNyhet&id=3302 to the norwegian rovers fansite.

then right click the link at the bottom and save as.

and yes, it is legal. the band wanted us to spread it around :D

I think thats a better job then the lads that did the cover of the wild rover!!

i dont know the band, but my guess is they are some kind of "local" band from norway. as far as i know they are unsigned and have no management, but i'll pass it on to the norwegian supporters and see what they can do :) if nothing else it would be the best christmas gift ever for the band to even be asked to try and get it to ewood.

edit: pass mohelger a pm. he is the on that posted the song originally :)

I've been doing my best to navigate around the Norwegian supporters site but am struggling to find how to pm Mohelger. Probably on account of it all being in Norwegian - even when I select the English version of the site!

I've been doing my best to navigate around the Norwegian supporters site but am struggling to find how to pm Mohelger. Probably on account of it all being in Norwegian - even when I select the English version of the site!

I'm here as well, so no need to get lost on the norwegian site! :lol:

Thank you all for your response, and keep it coming. I'll pass on the feedback to the guy that contacted me on behalf of the band, and we've already discussed the possibility to get it played on Ewood matchdays. The band would of course really want that publicity. However, this song was a "unofficial official" leak (to see if Rovers-fans liked it), as their new album isn't due until the new year, so it remains to be seen whether it's possible to play this song in public before it has officially been released.

But I know the band is extremely positive about the idea, it's just a matter of timing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Couldn't find the old chant thread, but i think there's one song that will be relevent next season:

Ei aye ei aye ei ayo o

Up the football league we go

When we win promotion

This is what we'll sing

We are Rovers

We are Rovers

???? is our king!

:lol:

The new song "Blackburn" from Seven has been mastered a bit, and is now to be considered close to the final version.

This new version is availible for free (and legal) download here (to download click on "Save file to your PC" in the bottom right corner of the page)

And feel free to post a few lines about what you think about the song. If it's well-liked, it ought to be an ambition to get it played on Ewood matchday. :rover:

The new song "Blackburn" from Seven has been mastered a bit, and is now to be considered close to the final version.

This new version is availible for free (and legal) download here (to download click on "Save file to your PC" in the bottom right corner of the page)

And feel free to post a few lines about what you think about the song. If it's well-liked, it ought to be an ambition to get it played on Ewood matchday. :rover:

Get Gerald Jackson on the case!

A bit like early Joy Division. Perhaps it might get some airplay on "On the Wire" although I heard a nasty rumour that Steve Barker is a Dingle :(

I think I've already said what I think Mohelger. Really love the chorus especially. (But then I would wouldn't I!)

Get the band in touch with the club. I'm sure they'll get it out there for at least one game - maybe it'll catch on. I suspect the band would be invited to make an appearance. Last time, you said timing was important. Well the sudden injection of optimism could mean the time is right. I for one am a bit nonplused about what the Killers "Are we human or are we dancers" has to do with Rovers goals. Maybe "Blackburn" could replace that song for the goals reel before games.

I am delighted to see the reactions of Seven's "Blackburn" song amongst the supporters. I am the one who contacted mohelger regarding this a while ago on behalf of the band, and we are now working to get this through to the right people in the club through mohelger's contacts. It is exciting to see that Rovers fans love it, and feel free to spread the word letting this song bring joy to other people you know. Hopefully the club's representants will also see the value in this.

Seven is a Norwegian band with four albums released, they have done touring in for instance England, Germany, Spain, USA and Canada. Their fifth album is in the making, and the "Blackburn" song is included on this, due for release medio 2009. Please feel to check out their site for pictures and additional songs: Seven They give stunning live performances too!

It is coincidental that the band made a song including "Blackburn", as you can hear it is a song about love for Blackburn Rovers going in front of everything else. The chorus is of course massive, and in addition very catchy. This makes it very special, I cannot remember hearing a team having a football song sounding this modern and kickass, the football songs often sound very strange in many people's ears, and I hope that Blackburn fans and Blackburn representatives recognize this opportunity to build self-esteem and unity with a new, fresh song.

Spread the word!

As posted on the Official Message Board earlier today by AaronMokoena . (just thought I would spread it wider because it is genius :D )

Adaptation on the hallelujuah song

I heard we had a decent squad,

if Bentley stayed and didn’t think he was God,

but you don't really care for the money, do you?

He thought they would finish fourth or fifth,

but now you’re looking at the championship,

the under 21 shirt meant nothing to ya...

Nothing to ya...

Paul Ince arrived at our Blackburn,

with him came Knox and Winterburn

the papers claimed there was unrest, but that was just a rumour.

It started off well we were on a high,

but Winterburn was too busy with sky,

‘because after all he’s still a bloody gooner....

He’s a gooner....

Before long we were going downhill,

the Arsenal beat us 4 goals to nil,

our defence was weak you picked Simpson ahead of, Andre Ooijer.

You claimed you should have been given more time,

but Wigan was the end of the line,

and now we wish that we’d have sacked you sooner...

Sacked you sooner...

But now we’ve brought in big fat Sam,

we hope he’s got a better plan,

you don’t mind if we play the long ball, do ya?

He’s brought cheer back to Blackburn folk,

because we won three nil against the Stoke,

the fans all went home and sang the Hallelujah...

Hallelujah...

• 4 weeks later...
I think I've already said what I think Mohelger. Really love the chorus especially. (But then I would wouldn't I!)

Get the band in touch with the club. I'm sure they'll get it out there for at least one game - maybe it'll catch on. I suspect the band would be invited to make an appearance. Last time, you said timing was important. Well the sudden injection of optimism could mean the time is right. I for one am a bit nonplused about what the Killers "Are we human or are we dancers" has to do with Rovers goals. Maybe "Blackburn" could replace that song for the goals reel before games.

I'm delighted to say that last news on this case is that both Alan Yardley and Gerald Jackson has recevied and heard the song. Mr. Yardley is currently playing it for the others with him, and at first thought he think they may well be playing it. Let's see what happens, spread the word and enjoy the song!

Haven't heard it yet? The new song "Blackburn" from Seven has been mastered a bit, and is now to be considered close to the final version.

This new version is availible for free (and legal) download here http://www.2shared.com/file/4499900/3bff4f..._192_kbps_.html (to download click on "Save file to your PC" in the bottom right corner of the page)

Human or Dancer is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers.

Human or Dancer is a question inspired by the late great Hunter S Thompson. ('I feel about disco the same way as i feel about herpes'). Hunter asked a question before his death (suicide - he presciently pointed out that the irony about the Edge was that 'you could only know about it once you have gone over it'). His question related to whether America was producing Humans (individuals with originality and invention) or Dancer (people who move to centrally controlled music, ostensibly individual but essentially slavishly conformist). Brandon Flowers talks of 'I get nervous when I see the open door' reflecting his fear of originality when entering the Human phase as opposed to the collectivist Dancer. 'Close your eyes clear your heart...cut the cord' he exhorts.

Rovers play the chorus as a rousing recognition of the triumph of Human over Dancer. A goal marks a seminal triumph of will and originality. A goal scorer represents the victory of mankind over the centralist control that State and Consumerism try to exert over the people.

Deeper and still more profound, the song sings to the fans. We are Humans. Not the Dancer that slavishly follows the Big 4 Big City Big Cup corporate armchair 'experience'. Where devotion is measured by the size of your bloated Club embossed credit card that feeds the devil that threatens our sport. Swimming against the vile tidal greed that pours from foreign pipelines into our English river is not easy. But we do it. Every year. We swim against their torrents that try to push us to ever darker corners. But ultimately we, the decent few, conquer that tide and surface on the other side of Milk and Honey. Dancer? Never. Are we Human? We are the Rovers.

Can you do the half time entertainment? You don't have to do much, just stand there and talk.

Archived