BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johann Vogel

Please excuse me I haven't been on here for a while but where hell is Vogel it strikes me that what we need is a player in midfield to sit in front of the back four and correct me if I am wrong has he not played that position for his clubs and country

Has he had a fall out with Ince

It would seem that, in the words of our Chairman, that Mr Ince doesnt see him as a player capable fo playing for Rovers so he has told him he can find another club.

However, this flies in the face of Rovers fans who now have player that has been there and done it for a really big club sidelined forever and a player in Andrews, who I may add has done actually faff all in his career, struggle in a Rovers team trying to convince 20000 Blackburn fans that he is a Premiership player.

Now that is the reasoning of Paul Ince, the man with the midas touch <_<

Where and when did Vogel get this messiah status from? From what i have seen he is just another average player who would not turn our fortunes around.

He is not match fit, played around 8 games in 2 years and is on the wrong side of 30.

Yes he played for decent teams, but things change. I used to have a 28inch waste but you wouldnt want me modelling underwear now.

Where and when did Vogel get this messiah status from? From what i have seen he is just another average player who would not turn our fortunes around.

He is not match fit, played around 8 games in 2 years and is on the wrong side of 30.

Yes he played for decent teams, but things change. I used to have a 28inch waste but you wouldnt want me modelling underwear now.

He had a couple of very good games last season when he was getting back into fitness after looking poor to start with, this summer he should have come on leaps and bounds and been back upto speed for this season.

And the fact he's 31 shouldn't matter - he's a defensive midfielder you don't need great pace in that position. Chelsea signed Makelele at 30 and he was a mainstay in their side for 5 years.

Where and when did Vogel get this messiah status from?

Where and when did you learn to grossly exaggerate things?

No-one is giving him that kind of status, but it is extremely odd that he's not even in the first team picture given that the much-inferior Andrews and Mokoena have been getting a far bit of playing time recently

We saw last season that he can play in the Premiership, and that was after being months out of the game. After a full pre-season he should be even sharper this time round. On last season's evidence he's certainly good enough to be starting for us at present, Ince is obviously keeping him out for non-footballing reasons.

I'm not having it! Nobody can prove they are a good player after a couple of games and a few sub apperances.

I do agree he should be in the squad and it does look like Ince is keeping him out for reasons not relating to football but how many clubs are fighting over signing him? None, did i hear you say?

He would be on my list of players leaving in Janaury.

I'm not having it! Nobody can prove they are a good player after a couple of games and a few sub apperances.

I do agree he should be in the squad and it does look like Ince is keeping him out for reasons not relating to football but how many clubs are fighting over signing him? None, did i hear you say?

He would be on my list of players leaving in Janaury.

Er...someone can prove they're a good player by being part of one of the best midfields in Europe when playing for PSV and attracting the attention of AC Milan. It's not as if he's been given a fair chance at Ewood is it? He was always going to be more of a signing for this season once he'd got match fit over the summer.

He had problems at Betis and he took legal action against the club and it got messy so didn't play for a while. How many clubs were fighting for Santa Cruz when we got him?

Although nothing special, Vogel found his feet playing alongside Emerton and was neat and tidy in front of the back four. Retained possession well and got his foot in when needed. A good foil for Emerton's box to box engine and meant the midfield kept its shape well.

At the start of the season I gave ince the benefit of the doubt* and assumed he must have good reason to believe Vogel wasn't good enough. Why else would he spend 3 million on a like for like replacement in Grella?

With hindsight I should have just given him doubt

In the few weeks he has been here Andrews has shown infinitely more appetitite and ability than the woeful and annonymous Vogel showed last season. In fact it could be argued that Vogel is having the same impact this season than he did last.

How he has suddenly developed a mercurial and messianic status is a sad indicement on the modern football fan (mostly of the armchair variety) and shows that ignorance is not dead on this forum with some members being able to count their brain cells on one hand.

Career honours/achievements

Grasshopper-Club Zürich

Swiss Super League (Swiss League): 1994-95, 1995-96, 1997-98

Schweizer Cup (Swiss Cup): 1994

PSV Eindhoven

Eredivisie (Dutch League): 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2004-05

KNVB beker (Dutch Cup): 2004-05

Johan Cruijff-schaal (Dutch Super Cup): 2000, 2001, 2003

Personal

Gouden Schoen (Dutch Football Writers Player of the Year): 2001

So consistent success all throughout his career, AC Milan saw fit to sign him and play him 17 times. I'd hardly call a player who has double figures on titles rubbish. PSV to the semi's of the Champions league as well.

We have no fit C Mid's he's a C Mid the math's quite simple really. On this subject since quite a few seem to believe that Vogel may have been the summer mole, its interesting to note how Wenger dealt with his. Gallas is not rotting in the reserves. He may have lost the arm-band, but Wenger still needs his talents, consequently he hasn't cut of his nose to spit his face.

We all saw Vogel he wasn't that bad, and I'm sure he couldn't do worse than Aaron.

In the few weeks he has been here Andrews has shown infinitely more appetitite and ability than the woeful and annonymous Vogel showed last season. In fact it could be argued that Vogel is having the same impact this season than he did last.

How he has suddenly developed a mercurial and messianic status is a sad indicement on the modern football fan (mostly of the armchair variety) and shows that ignorance is not dead on this forum with some members being able to count their brain cells on one hand.

I saw every game that Vogel played last season and he was getting better with every game. Vogel is an experienced international with a huge amount of European football behind him. He may not be your favourite player but the last time I looked he was still contracted to Blackburn Rovers. I believe he still has a couple more years left on his contract. We are paying him a wage and he ought to be given a chance.

It's no use Ince bleating about being down to the bare bones when he continues to ignore Vogel. The manager's credibility is shot to pieces when he ignores Vogel and yet plays Fowler whose performance at Old Trafford on Wednesday night was dire.

He made a very good cross for Olsson almost to put in goal.

Some relative of his or what? - Mr. Blobby's one of the reasons Ince lost credibility in the first few weeks of his tenure.

Vogal is a very good player and I'd put OJ Simpson in to keep us up at the moment.

Archived