BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Johann Vogel

I agree with you, but he did make a nice cross.

However if the rumours are true that we are looking for another manager - he might see Vogel's skills usefal and he might once again be an important part of this squad. I think Vogel - Andrews might be an OK pairing.

Already posted this on the Match Preview but should probably be on here instead...

Vogel should have been in the squad all season but Ince, for his own sake, should not have selected him today.

If he brings Vogel on there will be a huge cheer and this will be an excuse for people to use it as an opportunity to have a go at Ince. This game, with Ince under so much pressure, is not the time to be throwing in a player you have been ignoring all season. If he plays poorly it will not be any advantage to Ince desperately needing a win. If he plays well then it will just make it look like Ince was wrong not to have been using him all season. Ince cannot win with this move. The best for him would probably be to keep him on the bench but even then there might well be calls to throw him on from the fans which would likewise put pressure on him.

This seems remarkably strange timing...is Ince in full control of picking the squad and team? Or has he been pressured to use Vogel?

Very strange situation all round.

Vogel did jack today and showed why he doesnt offer much, looked lost a few times when the ball came to him in the air. Hope he gets lost again for another 6 months.

He did ok. As soon as he came on we scored in fact! He did well to shepherd a ball out for a goal-kick which was then wrongly given as a Liverpool corner by the ref. In 6 minutes he did better than Andrews in 90 and I am one who thinks Andrews has been singled out for unfair criticism.

Not great but obviously should have been an important squad player for the past few months or so.

Whatever he did nothing, just like he did nothing last season. I was expecting some wonder kid with the way some of you lot bang on and on about him. Average at best.

Played 6 minutes and hasn't even been playing reserve games so he is clearly not match fit or match sharp.

Utter crap on "he did nothing last season", the United game he was immense and with a full pre-season under his belt i am sure he would have really done well this season.

Whatever he did nothing, just like he did nothing last season. I was expecting some wonder kid with the way some of you lot bang on and on about him. Average at best.

Nobody expected him to change the game, coming on for 6 minutes. Nobody can judge a player's performance when he's played the last few minutes.

Im just making the point that people keep banging on and on and on about him, yet I cant see why. He hardly inspires confidence in the team, infact Robbo was shaking his head as he ran onto the pitch.

Probably more at Tugay going off than Vogel coming on.

Vogel isn't an inspirational player, but he's a solid holding midfielder who should have featured ages ago. I would choose him over Mokoena, Andrews, and Warnock every time.

Vogel did jack today and showed why he doesnt offer much, looked lost a few times when the ball came to him in the air. Hope he gets lost again for another 6 months.

Vogel has had no football since August and yet when he came on he looked OK. Give me Vogel over our boy wonder from MK Dons any day. I thought Andrews looked totally outclassed today by Liverpool's midfielders. There is no doubt that he is a lad who tries hard and gives his all but he doesn't have the quality to play in a Premiership midfield.

Average at best is better than what we've had most of the season

Played 6 minutes and hasn't even been playing reserve games so he is clearly not match fit or match sharp.

Utter crap on "he did nothing last season", the United game he was immense and with a full pre-season under his belt i am sure he would have really done well this season.

He was the best player on the park against Man. Utd. It was only when he started to tire did Utd get on top.

• 2 years later...

Archived