BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring Back Tony Parkes

I think we should bring back Tony Parkes as Ince's assistant. Lets face it he needs a man there with great experience and a Rover all the way. If the worse comes to the worse and we have to sack Ince then we've got Tony Parkes to take over until we get a successor

He's had a chance FFS. Another pointless thread that could have gone elsewhere.

Parkes is probably far happier at Blackpool than having to come back and steer us out of this mess knowing full well that in 3 weeks when Ince goes, the new manager might want him bulleted as well.

Give the man a chance. ffs

No

Tony Parkes has been away from Ewood for 3 years (thank god), so has little experience or knowledge of the current playing setup. He was a pernicious influence when other managers were there. Hughes had first hand experience of it as a player which was one of the reasons (a better staff being the other) that he got rid as soon as. Allegedly

Give the man a chance. ffs

Haha comical post!15 games is a few chances!I have been to most games this season

and we are a poor premiership team. Ince has turned us into relegation scrappers from

European hopefulls! We need changes NOW before its to late

A return of Tony Parkes is laughable!he was a good servant but his tactics were ancient!

No

Tony Parkes has been away from Ewood for 3 years (thank god), so has little experience or knowledge of the current playing setup. He was a pernicious influence when other managers were there. Hughes had first hand experience of it as a player which was one of the reasons (a better staff being the other) that he got rid as soon as. Allegedly

Dead right. Tony's old history and that's how it should stay.

No

Yep spot on the mark there Jan.

I think we should bring back Tony Parkes as Ince's assistant. Lets face it he needs a man there with great experience and a Rover all the way. If the worse comes to the worse and we have to sack Ince then we've got Tony Parkes to take over until we get a successor

Tony Parkes was a good servant for Rovers - but both he and the club have moved on. he is now making a go of his own career at a different club and should be allowed to get on with it. maybe in time to come if he continues with doing well in what he is doing - it could be considered.

I respect Tony Parkes - it was also a pity he and the club parted company - but we cannot turn the clock back. He is at this moment in time doing what Paul Ince should have done - spending a lot of time in the lower divisions learning his trade, getting the required experience. But if Rovers only option was to bring back Tony Parkes or keep Paul Ince - then yes bring back Tony Parkes. But that is NOT the only choice. so No do not bring him back - yet.

That we should throw the towel in, and keep Ince and get relegated! <_<

We should continue over achieving and have a bit of ambition!Its stupid when people

say we have over achieved!

fair enough. but right now it would be enough just to ACHIEVE. no need to overdo it.

No

Bang on Jan. Parkes is inded a legend who has stepped in before, but is not good enough to be a coach in any current Premier League team. He's like a fooballing version of Bruce Forsyth or Jimmy Tarbuck. Fondly remembered, but too past it for current times.

What is this pernicious influence you talk of Jan?

Bang on Jan. Parkes is inded a legend who has stepped in before, but is not good enough to be a coach in any current Premier League team. He's like a fooballing version of Bruce Forsyth or Jimmy Tarbuck. Fondly remembered, but too past it for current times.

What is this pernicious influence you talk of Jan?

Allegedly, as a "friend" of the players, would undermine other managers to the players.

I was flicking through Graeme Le Saux's autobiography in the shop a couple of months ago. Apparently Parkes's nickname with the senior players in that era was "BBC." Balls, Bibs and Cones. Ouch.

Allegedly, as a "friend" of the players, would undermine other managers to the players.

Non Sorry Jan that's not true at all - It was a simple wage bill issuev and he didn't fit anymore. The pernicious influence was more likely the person higher up who leaked his immenent departure to Radio Lancashire.

Giafranco Zola has hailed his assistant Steve Clarke, but admits he may find it hard to keep hold of him if Clarke is offered a managerial position elsewhere. The guy knows his stuff, and has bags of Premiership experience. Do you think he might be worth a shot?

I don't think now is the time for "worth a shot?" candidates. I feel so desperate for Rovers that we need an experienced manager until at least the end of the season who can at organise the team so that they know what they're supposed to be doing.

Clarke wouldn't be my first choice, but if we can't get Allardyce I don't know why he wouldn't be an option. Like I said, he knows the demands of PL football, has great respect within the game, and worked alongside some good managers.

Archived