BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bring Back Tony Parkes

• 5 months later...

My Blackpool supporting mate is furious, Parkes is a legend down there for what he's done with them. My mate said he left because Oyston the stingy barsteward would cough up any more money and that the 300k bid for Adam wasn't going to be improved upon so Parkes felt next year would have been the same instead of progressing up the league.

From the outside it looked like he did a great job after a wobble at the beginning, not easy keeping Blackpool in that league above quite a lot of big names.

Poor Tony Parkes seems as though he's been tarnished with the 'always the bridesmaid' brush.

The Oystons sacked Allardyce too. Bet they've regretted that.

Steve Thomson drinks in my brother's local and is not shy about speaking his mind.

Parkes and Thomson had a deal in places, wages agreed etc - as has been said, backing in the transfer market and wage budget was the issue. TP rightly said that to stay up, Blackpool would need to pull out all the stops to keep Charlie Adam and DJ Campbell. A bid for Adam was reported at £300k but according to Thommo on Saturday night it was more like £150k + some more money if he scores 100 goals - total joke, but that's the Oystons for you.

Parkes walked away as he was basically set up to be a scapegoat next season. Good on him for leaving rather than put up with that.

Archived